Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
Effective Today (May 1, 2009) and through July 31 there is a special offer for a 10% discount on new Annual or Premium Annual Passes. This is a referral program for current AP and PAP holders.

In the latest copy of The Mickey Monitor each family which has at least one Annual or Premium Annual Passholder will receive four cards, each of which may be used for up to six new (not renewal) Annual or Premium Annual Passes. Note that there is supposed to be only one Mickey Monitor per household. Some may receive more than one due to different last names or just pure randomness, so if you have received more than one MM and set of cards consider yourself lucky.

They are intended to go out with the Mickey Monitor, it seems that it would be for people with valid APs and/or PAPs on April 30, 2009. Buying an AP or PAP after this date will not allow you to get the Referral Card. And this issue of MM is going out in an envelope instead of just being folded so the cards are in the envelope.

If the family has only Florida Seasonal, Epcot After 4:00, or Water Park Annual Passes they will not receive this offer.

Additionally, the current Passholder will receive a $25.00 Disney Gift Card for EACH AP or PAP purchased under this program. The Gift Cards will be mailed during August.

Passes sold pre-arrival at AAA, Military Bases, Disney Stores, online, etc., are not eligible for this offer. If you buy an Exchange Certificate at a WDW Ticket Window or Guest Relations Office this does not apply; it must be an original purchase (not at renewal rates) of an active Annual or Premium Annual Pass.

Upgrades from MYW tickets to AP or PAP are allowed with this offer. If you upgrade from a MYW ticket purchased from a discounter, the normal upgrade rules apply in that Disney will absorb the difference between what the original ticket was purchased for and the current gate price of that ticket. (This is known as "price bridging".)

It is valid for Non-Resident, Florida Resident, and DVC Member AP and PAPs only.

I have not seen anything which requires that the person to whom the card is issued must be present at the time of the transaction. It is called a "Passholder Pass-Along Savings Card", so the implication is the passholder does not have to be present.

The new APs or PAPs must all be sold in either a single transaction or different but consecutive transactions. Once the card is used it must be surrendered, even if all six have not been purchased at that time.

For further information go to www.disneyworld.com/savingscard. Note this will take you to a page for Florida Residents. However, on that page is a link to the same program for non-residents.

There is a procedure in place if you have not received your Mickey Monitor, or have not received the card with the MM. This involves having a form filled in at a Guest Relations Office and a new MM, with the card will be mailed to you.

If the person does not have the Referral Card with them at the time of purchase they should pay full price and save their receipt. They may return, no later than July 31, 2009, with the referral card, APs purchased and the receipt. A refund will be issued for the 10%.

If you have a referral card in hand, purchased the AP or PAP at full price between May 1 and July 31 but did not have the referral card with you at that time, and will be unable to return to WDW on or before July 31 contact Ticketing at ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com. Include both the serial numbers of the passes and the information from the referral card (name and number under the bar code). (The ticket serial number is in the format "WXX:??? 05/DD/2009 ????". The "X" may be any letter, a ? may be any number, the date string is the date the pass was issued, and the last string may be anywhere from one to four digits long.)

I have not seen anything about procedures for non-US residents to whom a copy of Mickey Monitor is not normally sent.

For computation purposes, here are the prices for the various allowed passes, including tax. Note I could not get these to line up properly, so I bolded the alternate columns.

Type of Pass Adult AP Child AP Adult PAP Child PAP

Tourist 449.54 396.82 574.14 506.09

Florida Resident 344.10 302.89 459.12 404.49

DVC Member 353.69 312.47 454.33 400.65

These prices are for new passes only, not renewals.

I will update this as I see future questions.

Heh, I need to find someone I know that has annual passes, as we're about to purchase APs for the first time ever for our summer trip! :goodvibes

Cheshire, any idea on when the new Mickey Monitor will be arriving? My wife and I are AP holders and my parents and sister and brother in law were planning to purchase new AP's this Monday (they'll actually be purchasing 6 AP's including the kids). They'll be here all week, though, so maybe I should tell them just to purchase 5 day park hoppers and then upgrade at the end of the week. Hopefully I'll recieve the card by then.

Thanks,
Brett

ROCK ON! I can't wait to share this info with some potential referrals... ;-)

I'm an AP holder and would be happy to give out the referral card! I go in June and will pick these up...you get them at the parks I'm assuming?

The giftcard should be more than $25 but it's better than nothing. The person you refer gets a better net deal than you do?!?!!

The given link seems to say that it is ONLY for Florida Resident AP holders, and proof of residency is required. But I checked the passholder site itself, and you can find it under News&Events.

To bad I can't purchase vouchers at the gate... :)

The given link seems to say that it is ONLY for Florida Resident AP holders, and proof of residency is required. But I checked the passholder site itself, and you can find it under News&Events.

To bad I can't purchase vouchers at the gate... :)

There is a link from the page provided that says "Not a FL Resident" that takes you to the Non res page. Hope that helps.

we're leaving tomorrow and my parents are planning on getting AP's on Sunday afternoon or Monday morning before we go to MK. I guess there's no way for this to work us is there?

Quick question.

We have another couple going with us in June. They are planning on buying MYW PH tickets for 6 days (Haven't been able to talk them into AP's yet).

Should they decide to upgrade to AP's on the last day (as long as there is one unused day, right?), I'm pretty sure the full original face value of the MYW ticket will be applied as a discount to the AP price but can we apply the 10% discount too?

Thanks!

I'm also an AP holder, so if anyone wants my card, please let me know!

Does anyone know if they give you the referal card when you buy the pass? I'm thinking that one of us can get our pass and then the other person can use the referal card and get the discount.

I would love to have this Dh and I want to upgrade our tickets next month and this would be a great help.

Suzanne

We need a thread to match up passholders with people who want to get AP's and meet at the parks or mail to them after an AP holders goes to the parks.

We need a thread to match up passholders with people who want to get AP's and meet at the parks or mail to them after an AP holders goes to the parks.

We are going May 24-31 and plan to upgrade our 5 day MYW tix to APs .
I want to do at least one the 1st day so I can get the TIW card.

So please start a Pass Along thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter