Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

Not that it matters now because the cards are expired, but I emailed my info on my annual passes with the info on the pass along card and Disney told me they could not help me get a credit for forgetting my card at home. I did all of this before 7/31 too.:mad: We had an unexpected trip and left our card at home not knowing we would be going to Disney. Reading this link I thought we could get credit but it did not work

My daughter got her refund because she did not have her cards yet when she purchased her APs. I looked at her email from Disney and got this number for you. It's worth a try. It was not an easy process and she did get alot of run around at the beginning, but once she got a person who knew about the program she did get the refund.

I checked the email my daughter got regarding her refund and got the phone number there.

407-566-4985 (her's says choose Option 2) Not sure if option 2 if the rep she spoke to. Their hours are M-Sat, 8:30-4:45.

Good luck. You will need your receipt from the purchase because they will pull up the transaction information and you will have to mail your APs to the rep after they contact you and they will mail you new APs back.

Not that it matters now because the cards are expired, but I emailed my info on my annual passes with the info on the pass along card and Disney told me they could not help me get a credit for forgetting my card at home. I did all of this before 7/31 too.:mad: We had an unexpected trip and left our card at home not knowing we would be going to Disney. Reading this link I thought we could get credit but it did not work

Unfortunately it probably is too late now, but this definitely couldn't have been done by email as the pass along card had to be turned in after the transaction (each passholder got 4 cards and each of the cards (including the bar code) are identical, so there is no other way for them to know if a card has been used or not). As the PP said, I have heard success stories about people mailing in the receipts and the card, but I'm not sure if you can do it at this point. It certainly wouldn't hurt to call and ask the ticketing people (407-566-4985 Option 2) on Monday, though.

Good luck,
Brett

I know I won't be able to use my passalong card like I'd wanted to, but this is a question I'm wondering.

We planned on upgrading our hopper passes from a June trip using the pass along card, but on the last day, there was an AWFUL thurderstorm, and we just couldn't get it done.

i'm going down with my daughter only next week for a few days. We still have our room keys/passes that should show the tickets we had last time, which were 8 day hopper passes.

Would it be possible to upgrade the passes we'd bought from June to annual passes, and pay the difference in what we paid already on the hopper passes and what the current rate is on the annual passes?

I know I won't be able to use my passalong card like I'd wanted to, but this is a question I'm wondering.

We planned on upgrading our hopper passes from a June trip using the pass along card, but on the last day, there was an AWFUL thurderstorm, and we just couldn't get it done.

i'm going down with my daughter only next week for a few days. We still have our room keys/passes that should show the tickets we had last time, which were 8 day hopper passes.

Would it be possible to upgrade the passes we'd bought from June to annual passes, and pay the difference in what we paid already on the hopper passes and what the current rate is on the annual passes?

If you have at least 1 unused day on the tickets, you'll be able to upgrade them still but I don't believe you can if they are completely used up. Good luck!

If you have at least 1 unused day on the tickets, you'll be able to upgrade them still but I don't believe you can if they are completely used up. Good luck!

I don't think this is right since they used the tickets in June. I think that any upgrades on tickets must be done within 14 days of first use. You (MJonesMBA2001) should check the ticket sticky at the top of this forum for the answer. There's a lot of good info in there. Sorry!:goodvibes

Guess we need to convert this thread to a "how has their moolah" thread now.

I didn't get to use a discount card for myself because we're not leaving until this afternoon, and we're renewing instead of purchasing a new card. Guess it takes a little bit of the sting out of that to hear that the renewals will be for 15 months instead of 12 starting today. I guess my timing was right for one thing.

By the way, thanks to everyone who used one of my cards. :cool1:

Guess we need to convert this thread to a "how has their moolah" thread now.

I didn't get to use a discount card for myself because we're not leaving until this afternoon, and we're renewing instead of purchasing a new card. Guess it takes a little bit of the sting out of that to hear that the renewals will be for 15 months instead of 12 starting today. I guess my timing was right for one thing.

By the way, thanks to everyone who used one of my cards. :cool1:

Yes, I did start one last week!

Unfortunately you will not be able to do this. Tickets must be upgraded with 14 days of their first use and you're already well past that.

This is not true. As I said above, tickets can be only be upgraded within 14 days of their first use, however, it doesn't matter if you've used all the days or not. You can still upgrade a completely unused ticket.

Unfortunately you will not be able to do this. Tickets must be upgraded with 14 days of their first use and you're already well past that.

This is not true. As I said above, tickets can be only be upgraded within 14 days of their first use, however, it doesn't matter if you've used all the days or not. You can still upgrade a completely unused ticket.

Ooopsie! Thanks for correcting - I'm so sorry! I must have been mis-informed myself because we were planning to do this in September! Thanks again for the correction! :goodvibes

Are the savings cards only a one time a year thing? Just wondering as we're going to purchase AP's this fall when we go...
Thanks for any information you guys can provide!!:yay:

Are the savings cards only a one time a year thing? Just wondering as we're going to purchase AP's this fall when we go...
Thanks for any information you guys can provide!!:yay:

This was the first time that I know of where WDW had this discount. It was good May 1 - July 31, 2009. There is nothing out there now for the 10% off.

Just an FYI.
I received a voice mail from Debbie at Disney after I had made an inquiry and was told that the deal was extended although I'm not sure for how long. I asked my AP friend about a voucher and she said she thinks she threw them away because she assumed they weren't any good. So I have put in a call back to Debbie to ask where we go from here but she hasn't gotten back to me yet but she said it was definitely still available.

Just an FYI.
I received a voice mail from Debbie at Disney after I had made an inquiry and was told that the deal was extended although I'm not sure for how long. I asked my AP friend about a voucher and she said she thinks she threw them away because she assumed they weren't any good. So I have put in a call back to Debbie to ask where we go from here but she hasn't gotten back to me yet but she said it was definitely still available.

This would be great! I would love to know too!

Just an FYI.

Did you ever hear back from Debbie?

This program has not been extended.

There are currently two AP time-limited programs in effect.

One is for renewals done between 8/2/09 and 8/31/10 which will allow a 15 month period provided the renewal is done within 30 days on either side of the expiration date.

The other is for Florida Residents only, allowing a 15 month expiration date for new APs bought between 9/1/09 and 12/31/09.

Other rules and restrictions apply, and dates are subject to change without notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter