Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

I hope we receive our $25 gift cards on time. I still have 2 pass along cards that I had been keeping for family but we couldn't get there before the July 31 deadline!

3 cards left too. Can mail to your Orlando area hotel if you are leaving in the next couple of days, Just PM me.

I have tried at MK Epcot and DHS to upgrade my undercover tourist tickets and each time I have been told they are only worth what I paid for them and I should have bought my tickets directly from them, I thought I read on here that they would be upgraded to disneys price as long as I used them first. Should I keep trying or just throw in the towel. THANKS!!!

Did you use them first? If you do not use them first they ARE only worth what you paid for them. If you used them first THEN tried to upgrade, they should have been worth gate value toward an upgraded ticket, and if a CM told you they weren't they were wrong, and you should have asked for a supervisor, or waited until the next day/park to get a different person. I have done this many times, and only one time I got a CM that didn't "get" it. They have to run an interim ticket and some of them may not be aware of that.

I have tried at MK Epcot and DHS to upgrade my undercover tourist tickets and each time I have been told they are only worth what I paid for them and I should have bought my tickets directly from them, I thought I read on here that they would be upgraded to disneys price as long as I used them first. Should I keep trying or just throw in the towel. THANKS!!!
Are you going to the Guest Relations window or a ticket window? You need to go to Guest Relations.

Point out to the cast member that you ticket has been used. Ask them to convert your ticket to an intermediate ticket, charging the difference to the internal voucher account, in accordance with the Disney policy. They should then upgrade that intermediate ticket to the annual pass.

If you keep getting the wrong answer, I'd keep trying. Of course, the amount of time you're wasting on your vacation is also going to start having a value.

I suggest you send a PM to Cheshire Figment, who is a cast member working in ticket sales. Hopefully there hasn't been a policy change in the last few days. In any case, he'll be able to give you the best advise.

Are you going to the Guest Relations window or a ticket window? You need to go to Guest Relations.

I have already used the ticket and I am going to guest relations outside of the park, I think I might try in the morning at AK might have better luck instead of the afternoon, I have only tried when leaving the park to go swimming. I also have thought of the value of my time so I will try at AK and if it doesn't work just pay the difference. Thanks again.

I have already used the ticket and I am going to guest relations outside of the park, I think I might try in the morning at AK might have better luck instead of the afternoon, I have only tried when leaving the park to go swimming. I also have thought of the value of my time so I will try at AK and if it doesn't work just pay the difference. Thanks again.

That is your problem. GO INSIDE THE PARK! Do not go outside of the park, they don't know how to bring the ticket up to current price. Never go to a window outside of the park. Inside is where you get things done! We found that the Guest Relations in MK is very helpful and knowledgeable. We had no problems upgrading a base ticket to the DVC AP pass ticket with a 10% off discount. They gave me no problems and my amounts came out perfect! Good luck!

That is your problem. GO INSIDE THE PARK! Do not go outside of the park, they don't know how to bring the ticket up to current price. Never go to a window outside of the park. Inside is where you get things done! We found that the Guest Relations in MK is very helpful and knowledgeable. We had no problems upgrading a base ticket to the DVC AP pass ticket with a 10% off discount. They gave me no problems and my amounts came out perfect! Good luck!

Frankly, EVERY TICKETING CM should know how to do this. Not just the ones inside. Not just the ones at GR. EVERY ONE. Unfortunately some don't - but not all of them.

I upgraded a PH to an AP for my DD without issue at an AK ticket booth in April without issue. We used it first, then upgraded, and I didn't even remember I had bought it prior to the price increase, and since the amount was more than I thought and asked about it, the CM was already adjusting the price.

Okay, I hate to be "that person" but I didn't pay attention when all of the 10% discount AP posts were being posted because I knew that we couldn't use it since we weren't going to be in Disney until the end of August. Of course, now my hubby was told he has to go to Orlando for a business trip next week and I would love for him to buy our passes. There is no way that I can go through 160 pages to see what the best way for him to buy them would be. Is there somewhere he can buy the passes without having to pay for parking? Where would it be the easiest for him to get in and out to do this? Can he purchase passes for myself and our DD, and not himself, without us being there? It has been a few years since we had APs and I can't remember the specifics. TIA :worship:

I now have only 2 more of the AP discount cards left. Each one is good to purchase up to 6 AP's at one time and receive 10% off the price. If anyone is interested just send me an email to NYCAT10@aol.com and I'll get them in the mail ASAP! You still have until July 31st to buy them down at WDW, but time is running out! :yay: :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :woohoo:

Time is running out! You still have until next Friday to buy them! Email me at NYCAT10@AOL.COM and I will have them in the mail. Just send me your address or the address where you would want me to send them. :yay:

Okay, I hate to be "that person" but I didn't pay attention when all of the 10% discount AP posts were being posted because I knew that we couldn't use it since we weren't going to be in Disney until the end of August. Of course, now my hubby was told he has to go to Orlando for a business trip next week and I would love for him to buy our passes. There is no way that I can go through 160 pages to see what the best way for him to buy them would be. Is there somewhere he can buy the passes without having to pay for parking? Where would it be the easiest for him to get in and out to do this? Can he purchase passes for myself and our DD, and not himself, without us being there? It has been a few years since we had APs and I can't remember the specifics. TIA :worship:

I know that you have to buy the passes in person at WDW in order to use the card and get the 10% off. I'm not sure if he can buy yours without you present... I tried to call them and they were closed for the night. If you want, send me your address and I will mail you a card first thing tomorrow morning in case you can use it, and you can call Disney in the morning to find out if he can buy them. It never hurts to try. :yay: My email address is NYCAT10@AOL.COM

I kept one card to use for DD, but then realized she would be getting a DVC member discount. Can we use the passholder savings card as well? If not, I have one extra passholder savings card and will be in the parks starting July 26 if anyone needs it.

I kept one card to use for DD, but then realized she would be getting a DVC member discount. Can we use the passholder savings card as well? If not, I have one extra passholder savings card and will be in the parks starting July 26 if anyone needs it.

Yes, you can use the card and get a discount off the DVC price. The DVC Annual Pass is technically not a discount - it is a class of ticket at a particular price, just like the Florida Resident Annual Pass.

Unfortunately, no. The person for whom the AP is purchased must be present with ID. That's true whether you're using a discount or not.

Definitely keep trying. I was able to upgrade discounted tickets to AP renewals for my wife and I in April this year at the AK guest relations inside the park as well as upgrade a discounted ticket to an AP with the discount card for a family member at Epcot Guest relations inside the park a week or two ago. I also upgraded a discounted ticket to an AP with the discount card for another family member at the MK outside the park about a week ago.

The AK and Epcot transactions went pretty smoothly although they took a little while and in both cases the cast member had to go to the back for a bit... presumably to ask someone how it was done.

The MK transaction was absolutely terrible, though... it literally took 45 minutes from the time I walked up to the window until the time we left with the AP. The cast member had no problem with the discounted ticket, but she insisted that I couldn't use the discount card with a ticket upgrade. She said that the discount card was only good on a straight purchase of an AP. I very nicely asked to speak with a supervisor and the supervisor, the original cast member, and a third cast member had a 5 minute discussion about it, then turned to a computer and spent 5 minutes looking over the rules. Finally she turned back to me and said "I'm sorry, but it looks like I was wrong... you can use the card to upgrade your ticket". They then took quite some time to do the upgrade (all three of them worked on it) and when they finally presented us with the AP I noticed that the expiration date was in May, not July when the ticket was first used. I pointed that out, which sparked another 5 minute discussion between the three of them. Finally they came back and said "Actually, it looks like we were right at the start and you can't upgrade a ticket with the discount card, but since we already did it we'll go ahead and fix the expiration date for you". Another 10 minutes later we had our AP (with the correct date) and were on our way into the parks.

They were very nice about it the whole time and they even gave us fast passes for two rides for our whole group because of the long wait we had, but it was still a pretty bad transaction.

Is there somewhere he can buy the passes without having to pay for parking?

One of the perks of having an AP is that you get free parking. Since he won't have an AP at the time he arrives at the parking lot he'll need to pay his $12, but tell him to bring his parking receipt in with him and after he purchases the AP they'll take the receipt and refund the money he spent on parking.

Where would it be the easiest for him to get in and out to do this?

I like Epcot because the parking lots are close enough that it's feasable to walk in from almost anywhere... that way he won't have to worry about waiting for the tram. HS and AK aren't too bad either, but some of their parking is farther out. MK is probably the worst because it's a long walk in from almost any lot and if he gets there too late in the day he'll need to take the monorail or ferry over from the TTC to the MK because the ticket windows at the TTC close in the late afternoon or evening.

Can he purchase passes for myself and our DD, and not himself, without us being there?

He'll be able to purchase an AP for himself and your daughter, but not you. Adults need to be present with ID to get an AP, but children do not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter