Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

One of the perks of having an AP is that you get free parking. Since he won't have an AP at the time he arrives at the parking lot he'll need to pay his $12, but tell him to bring his parking receipt in with him and after he purchases the AP they'll take the receipt and refund the money he spent on parking.

He could park at DTD for free and go to the Guest Relations there to get the APs - although there was a report that the CMs gave them the third degree about using the discount card...

Hallo everybody,

i´m also interested in this discount card because i´ll stay 2 weeks at disney in september. Problem is i´m from Germany and i´ll not be in Orlando before 7th of septmeber.
So can i use the card for online sale or is it possible that someone buy me a voucher and i send him the money via paypal or something like this ? ;-)

Greetings from Bavaria
Bernhard

Hallo everybody,

i´m also interested in this discount card because i´ll stay 2 weeks at disney in september. Problem is i´m from Germany and i´ll not be in Orlando before 7th of septmeber.
So can i use the card for online sale or is it possible that someone buy me a voucher and i send him the money via paypal or something like this ? ;-)

Greetings from Bavaria
Bernhard
Neither of these options will work. The discount card must be presented at DisneyWorld, and you must purchase an activated AP, not a voucher. The person buying the AP must be present.

Sorry, but enjoy your trip anyway!

I now have only 2 more of the AP discount cards left. Each one is good to purchase up to 6 AP's at one time and receive 10% off the price. If anyone is interested just send me an email to NYCAT10@aol.com and I'll get them in the mail ASAP! You still have until July 31st to buy them down at WDW, but time is running out! :yay: :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :woohoo:

Time is running out! You still have until next Friday to buy them! Email me at NYCAT10@AOL.COM and I will have them in the mail. Just send me your address or the address where you would want me to send them. :yay:

I'm sure this info is somewhere burried in all these pages, but I didn't see it. My question is, what information do you need to have about the person who gave the passholder card for them to get the $25 credit?

I'm sure this info is somewhere burried in all these pages, but I didn't see it. My question is, what information do you need to have about the person who gave the passholder card for them to get the $25 credit?

You should _need_ anything. It is all on the card. However, some CMs have been asking for - and even requiring - that you give them the first name of the person you got the card from.

Has anyone (ahhhem Cheshire Figment:rolleyes1) heard if the 10% discount card has been successful for Disney? Or if they'll, oh I don't know, offer it in the next Mickey Monitor in time for my Oct trip?? (Hey, a girl can dream can't she?) :wizard: :rotfl:

Still have cards left...can mail or drop them off at a front desk of a Disney hotel. Please PM me if interested!

We're not arriving until July 31. Do they sell tickets right up until park closing? Magic Kingdom will be open til 11 pm that night. If purchased at MK, it's at the TTC right? Thanks!

We're not arriving until July 31. Do they sell tickets right up until park closing? Magic Kingdom will be open til 11 pm that night. If purchased at MK, it's at the TTC right? Thanks!

They close the ticket windows at the TTC sometime in the afternoon or evening, but if you take the monorail over to the MK you'll be able to get your AP from guest services... they're open at least as late as the park is and probably even for a little while after.

Bump!

Still have some passes left. Please PM me if you are interested...could drop them in the mail next day or at the front desk of your hotel at Disney!

I imagine that once the promotion is over and results are seen management will make some sort of decision about what to do next. My personal thought is if they do decide to do a similar promotion in the future they will set the starting date for the promotion at least two weeks after the date that the cards are sent out to avoid the big PR mess.

But I am so low on the totem pole that I have no idea what will actually happen.

Let me know how that goes. My parents bought 5 passes at full price on May 4th before I (or pretty much anyone else) had gotten their cards. They're back home in NY now, but I finally got my discount cards, so my father is going to mail his receipt and the AP's to me and I'm going to try to go into the park with one of my cards to get the refund for him.

I'm expecting to get that stuff in the mail next week, so I'll post back here after I attempt the refund and let you know how it goes for me.

Brett

I know it's getting very close to the end of this promotion, but I just wanted to follow up on this because I said I would. I went to guest services at AK last night (which is very quickly becomming my favorite guest services location) to get the refund for my parents. More than 45 minutes later I walked out with the refund in my hand (literally in my hand... I expected them to simply refund the 10% back to the card that my father used, but instead he handed me cash).

The Cast Member was very nice about the whole thing and when I first came in and told him what I wanted he said he would have to look into it and took my receipts and the pass along card into the back room and didn't come out for about 10 or 15 minutes. Finally he came out and told me that he can give me the refund, but it will be "a very complicated transaction" and that it might take a while.

He first went through all 5 of my parent's AP's and my cousin's one AP that I also brought in and wrote down (by hand) all of the names, addresses, phone numbers, birthdates, and AP numbers. He then canceled all 6 AP's and refunded (on paper) the entire cost for all of them. Next, he re-issued all 6 AP's with the 10% discount and had to re-enter all of the personal information that he had previously written down.

When those AP's printed they had yesterday's expiration date instead of the original May date. He seemed to be expecting this and told us that he would next need to fix the expiration date. He ran into a bit of an issue here and had to run into the back for another few minutes. When he came back out he said that they normally use an AP upgrade to change the expiration date, but apparently they didn't have an upgrade option to select that also included the 10% discount, so he needed to do a bridge transaction to be able to change the expiration dates. Once that was complete (almost an hour after I walked in) he handed me the new AP's and cash for difference in price.

In the end, even though it took a little while it went quite smoothly and he was very pleasent throughout the whole transaction.

HTH,
Brett

I imagine that once the promotion is over and results are seen management will make some sort of decision about what to do next. My personal thought is if they do decide to do a similar promotion in the future they will set the starting date for the promotion at least two weeks after the date that the cards are sent out to avoid the big PR mess.

But I am so low on the totem pole that I have no idea what will actually happen.

Yes, hopefully they will let the promo date start after the mailing. We were able to get the refund (my son purchased an AP on May 2! We were current holders) but it was an ordeal. I actually found out who to contact via your first post. Every time I called WDW ticket area before that post I received no help! Thank you again for the post.

Darn, I wish I knew if this was going to be extended. Park ticket prices are due to go up on Sunday so do I purchase my hopper pass now before the price change or wait and hope for the AP discount to be extended to Labor Day weekend which is our next planned trip. I guess it makes more sense to get them now since even if they do extend it the price will be the new higher price anyway.:confused3

Darn, I wish I knew if this was going to be extended. Park ticket prices are due to go up on Sunday so do I purchase my hopper pass now before the price change or wait and hope for the AP discount to be extended to Labor Day weekend which is our next planned trip. I guess it makes more sense to get them now since even if they do extend it the price will be the new higher price anyway.:confused3

Personally I would be very surprised if they extend this offer into August. I wouldn't be too surprised if they decide to do it again sometime, but that would probably be at least a few months out and probably too late for you. Of course this is just speculation on my part, so take it with a grain of salt:)

That said, however, you could still get the best of both worlds (or at least a pretty good compromise). Purchase a regular park ticket now at today's prices (I'm not sure if that's what you meant by hopper pass or not), but make sure that the value of the ticket is below the cost of an AP with the 10% discount. Then upgrade that ticket to an annual pass when you go for Labor Day. If by some chance they do extend the promotion then you can get the 10% off. But if not, you'll still have paid for most of your ticket at the old price, so you won't have as much of a hit to take if the prices do go up. You could even get your ticket at Undercover Tourist with the Mouse Saver's discount to save even more money.

HTH,
Brett

Personally I would be very surprised if they extend this offer into August. I wouldn't be too surprised if they decide to do it again sometime, but that would probably be at least a few months out and probably too late for you. Of course this is just speculation on my part, so take it with a grain of salt:)

That said, however, you could still get the best of both worlds (or at least a pretty good compromise). Purchase a regular park ticket now at today's prices (I'm not sure if that's what you meant by hopper pass or not), but make sure that the value of the ticket is below the cost of an AP with the 10% discount. Then upgrade that ticket to an annual pass when you go for Labor Day. If by some chance they do extend the promotion then you can get the 10% off. But if not, you'll still have paid for most of your ticket at the old price, so you won't have as much of a hit to take if the prices do go up. You could even get your ticket at Undercover Tourist with the Mouse Saver's discount to save even more money.

HTH,
Brett

WHAT would I do without the Disboards?????:worship:
I will have to get to UT and place the order before prices go up.

Today we received a reminder notice that tomorrow (July 31) is the last day for accepting referral cards for discounted APs. So I can state with certainty that the program will not be extended.

Not that it matters now because the cards are expired, but I emailed my info on my annual passes with the info on the pass along card and Disney told me they could not help me get a credit for forgetting my card at home. I did all of this before 7/31 too.:mad: We had an unexpected trip and left our card at home not knowing we would be going to Disney. Reading this link I thought we could get credit but it did not work

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter