Discovery Cove 2016 Roll Call

Bring water shoes if you have. We were there once when the morning temps were in the 40s. It was sunny and comfortable with the wet suits, but our feet were cold as we walked around. They have the portable gas pole heaters in the dining area. They really know how to make you comfortable when it is cold. Enjoy your visit!
Thanks so much! That is really great to hear. I will definitely bring some water shoes!

We will be there April 25th for the 3rd time- we have previously only gone in June, July and August so I am a bit worried April will still be cool there! But since its the week all the kids have off from school its the only week we can go.

We will be there April 25th for the 3rd time- we have previously only gone in June, July and August so I am a bit worried April will still be cool there! But since its the week all the kids have off from school its the only week we can go.

Added :thumbsup2 .

We were in Orlando from May 1st to 8th in 2015, and the weather was definitely warm/hot. I don't think you have any need to worry about it being cool in late April. We have done DC in January and didn't find it too cold to enjoy!

We will be going on November 25th. This is surprise trip for my DD who will be turning 7 the day before. The plan is to tell her on her birthday about DC and swimming with a dolphin.

By the way Gina, I read your trip report from summer 2014. Which inspired me to make this a duel WDW and DC/SW/AQ trip. My DD loves WDW so we will spend 3 days there, two at SW, one at AQ and one at DC.

We booked the Dolphin experience so I was looking at the photo package. I'm not sure if we'll ever do something like this again. Do you think upgrading to the elite package is worth it? Although I think my daughter would be thrilled to have a dolphin deliver her a happy birthday bouy and I love cabanas. It would still be an additional big expense. Is the the elite package still worth it for a first timer?

Does anyone know what time the phone lines open to call to reserve a cabana at 3 weeks out? DS has an appointment that morning and I'm trying to figure out my timing that morning - need to get that call in :-)

We will be going on November 25th. This is surprise trip for my DD who will be turning 7 the day before. The plan is to tell her on her birthday about DC and swimming with a dolphin.

By the way Gina, I read your trip report from summer 2014. Which inspired me to make this a duel WDW and DC/SW/AQ trip. My DD loves WDW so we will spend 3 days there, two at SW, one at AQ and one at DC.

We booked the Dolphin experience so I was looking at the photo package. I'm not sure if we'll ever do something like this again. Do you think upgrading to the elite package is worth it? Although I think my daughter would be thrilled to have a dolphin deliver her a happy birthday bouy and I love cabanas. It would still be an additional big expense. Is the the elite package still worth it for a first timer?

"Worth" will be different for everyone, so its hard for me to say. Here is what I *can* tell you:

IF you were going to purchase the largest photo package anyway, you will be out of pocket $229 for that.

IF you wanted a cabana anyway, that's going to cost you $199. You're now up to $428 plus tax for those two items.

For $399, you're going to get the cabana rental, the largest photo package, PLUS some extras (buoy delivered by a dolphin, tote bag, frame, stuffed toy). This is $29 less than the cabana and photo package alone. Plus, you can reserve it now versus taking your chance on cabana availability since stand-alone rentals can't be booked until 3 weeks from your visit date.

You can still have an incredible day without a cabana. Its an awesome splurge but certainly not a necessity.

You may or may not want all the components of the largest photo package. They are all awesome, but again....a splurge rather than a necessity. You can purchase a less expensive photo package that still includes the CD of all images (the Adventure Package, at about $169), if the DVD video, photo album and poster aren't high on your must-have list.

How important is the buoy delivered by the dolphin?

How disappointed would you be if you missed out on a cabana altogether?

All are considerations on whether the Elite Package is worth it for you or not.

Does that help at all? (I hope it does!)

"Worth" will be different for everyone, so its hard for me to say. Here is what I *can* tell you:

IF you were going to purchase the largest photo package anyway, you will be out of pocket $229 for that.

IF you wanted a cabana anyway, that's going to cost you $199. You're now up to $428 plus tax for those two items.

For $399, you're going to get the cabana rental, the largest photo package, PLUS some extras (buoy delivered by a dolphin, tote bag, frame, stuffed toy). This is $29 less than the cabana and photo package alone. Plus, you can reserve it now versus taking your chance on cabana availability since stand-alone rentals can't be booked until 3 weeks from your visit date.

You can still have an incredible day without a cabana. Its an awesome splurge but certainly not a necessity.

You may or may not want all the components of the largest photo package. They are all awesome, but again....a splurge rather than a necessity. You can purchase a less expensive photo package that still includes the CD of all images (the Adventure Package, at about $169), if the DVD video, photo album and poster aren't high on your must-have list.

How important is the buoy delivered by the dolphin?

How disappointed would you be if you missed out on a cabana altogether?

All are considerations on whether the Elite Package is worth it for you or not.

Does that help at all? (I hope it does!)
Yes it does help! Thank you very much for all the information. The two parts of the package I was the most interested in were the bouy for my DD, which would make her so happy and the photos, which would make me happy. The cabana would be icing on the cake. I'm still on the fence, but I have time to mull it over. Thank you again for your help.

Mark my wife and I down for June 12 - elite package booked!!! It will be our 3rd buoy, and will add nicely to our collection along with the dolphin kiss key chains!!! I agree with Gina, it is a splurge, but we have found us looking back at these photos more than any other vacation photos! Since we are repeat offenders, they allow us to request a cabana by the reef - nothing like laying out for 20 minutes and getting real hot, then dropping into the cold water! Breathtaking in multiple ways. You could do this from the beach as well, but the cabanas are awesome!

Mark my wife and I down for June 12 - elite package booked!!! It will be our 3rd buoy, and will add nicely to our collection along with the dolphin kiss key chains!!! I agree with Gina, it is a splurge, but we have found us looking back at these photos more than any other vacation photos! Since we are repeat offenders, they allow us to request a cabana by the reef - nothing like laying out for 20 minutes and getting real hot, then dropping into the cold water! Breathtaking in multiple ways. You could do this from the beach as well, but the cabanas are awesome!

Added to the list! :sunny:

We are going To DC June 4th as part of my daughter's graduation trip! First time for all of us and we are super excited. The girls are also doing the dolphin swim. I'm still debating on whether or not to get a cabana. I'm tempted by the package that includes the pictures. But, $400 is a lot to add on to an already pricey day.

We are going To DC June 4th as part of my daughter's graduation trip! First time for all of us and we are super excited. The girls are also doing the dolphin swim. I'm still debating on whether or not to get a cabana. I'm tempted by the package that includes the pictures. But, $400 is a lot to add on to an already pricey day.

Added :flower1:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter