Discovery Cove Amex discount code

Hi, I am trying to make reservations with the code, along with the Fl residence rate of 199. The reservation lady said she couldn't do the FL and the amex code together because it wouldn't let her. I explained that it had been done and would she please try, but she wouldn't. We tried to do it online, and now have reservations for 199 each (times 5, yikes). I have barely talked my husband into this with the 149 price. Has anyone done this online, or will I need to keep calling until I get someone who is willing to be helpful? :confused3 Let me know how you got this to work. I don't want to have to cancel, this is such a good deal!!! Thanks

JackNMel when are you trying to go? Let me see if I can get it to work for me.

We were trying to go on Nov. 13th. But we were looking on the calender and saw some 149 days in December, so we might try then tomorrow. I am wondering if it is because we live in Florida and are trying to go on the FL discount promotion that it won't let us do both. Do you know if anyone has used the Fl and the amex promotions together? Thank you for trying to help. This is for our youngest daughter's birthday, she would absolutely love to be around all the animals, not just the dolphins, but the rays and the birds too.
Thanks again.

Melody

I haven't heard of anyone being able to use both discounts and the way it looks you can't combine them. But the way it looks 199.00 is the best price for November. I saw those dates in December for 149.00 too. Good luck!

I haven't heard of anyone being able to use both discounts and the way it looks you can't combine them. But the way it looks 199.00 is the best price for November. I saw those dates in December for 149.00 too. Good luck!

Ok, I have come to the same conclusion!! Thank you for the info!! I just hope the water wont be freezing in December!!:scared1:

Ok, I have come to the same conclusion!! Thank you for the info!! I just hope the water wont be freezing in December!!:scared1:

You can't combine the codes. I would use whichever is less and go with that. I am going in December and was told the water is heated??? Not sure if it was true. You can also reschedule your date once. I asked what if I found out about inclement weather and she said I would reschedule one time complimentary.

Enjoy!

You can't combine the codes. I would use whichever is less and go with that. I am going in December and was told the water is heated??? Not sure if it was true. You can also reschedule your date once. I asked what if I found out about inclement weather and she said I would reschedule one time complimentary.

Enjoy!

The water is heated but only in the lazy riverish (wind away river) area and Serenity Bay. All the pools with the fish, rays, dolphins, etc. are kept cold for them. Anything that is salt water. They do have wetsuits if you want to wear one.

Here's what website says

Water Temperature
The temperature of our pools remains constant throughout the year. The fresh water Serenity Bay and Wind-away River are maintained around 86 F (30 C). The salt water dolphin pools, and Tropical Reef are 77 F (25 C).

When we went in Sept. 3 years ago we chose to wear the jackets instead of the wet suits. The weather was warm and the wetsuits are more restrictive (and hot when walking around). If I was going in Dec. I would wear the wetsuit.

When it's hot out the shock of getting in the colder pools is ... a shocker!:scared1: But you quickly get used to it.

The water is heated but only in the lazy riverish (wind away river) area and Serenity Bay. All the pools with the fish, rays, dolphins, etc. are kept cold for them. Anything that is salt water. They do have wetsuits if you want to wear one.

Here's what website says

When we went in Sept. 3 years ago we chose to wear the jackets instead of the wet suits. The weather was warm and the wetsuits are more restrictive (and hot when walking around). If I was going in Dec. I would wear the wetsuit.

When it's hot out the shock of getting in the colder pools is ... a shocker!:scared1: But you quickly get used to it.

Thanks so much for the further info. It is much appreciated. I am from MA so 77 degrees is mighty warm to me. :lmao:

Thanks so much for the further info. It is much appreciated. I am from MA so 77 degrees is mighty warm to me. :lmao:

I'm from So Cal. and 77 is pretty cold to me! As long as the sun is shining though, we'll be good. I love DC! Our family did BB a few years ago in Jan. and it was about 68 degrees out. It was warmer in the water than it was walking around!:rotfl: But we still had a great time.

Have fun at DC!

Just wanted to say thanks for the code and the idea about the gift card. I don't have an AMEX and don't know anyone that does. Def. worth the $5.95 to save the $100!! Me and DH are going for our 5th anniversary! I think we'll use the savings for a nice dinner! :cool1:

for those of you that purchased an American Express gift cards where can you buy one with enough money (250) on it without having to use multiple cards?

Yay! I'm glad I came back to check my own thread. I tried again and this time I got the $149 price for our date in December using this code! That is really a great deal for Discovery Cove.

for those of you that purchased an American Express gift cards where can you buy one with enough money (250) on it without having to use multiple cards?

I found one at Rite Aid. The display at the store, they had smaller amounts at the bottom but at the very top of the display, there were the cards for any amount up to 500.00 and that's what I got. I went ahead and put 500.00 since I didn't know how much tax, etc they would be adding.

I have an American Express but never use it and couldn't find it in my house. I may have cut it up. I called AMEX and they are sending a new one out. I hope it comes this week so I can book with the code!:thumbsup2

Did you use an Amex card when you paid?

I have an American Express but never use it and couldn't find it in my house. I may have cut it up. I called AMEX and they are sending a new one out. I hope it comes this week so I can book with the code!:thumbsup2

I was able to pay with my Discover card. ALthough I have an Amex, I couldn't find it. I made the reservations on the phone and she said I could use any card to pay that it didn't state you had to use Amex to pay. Try without it and see what happens.

any one? walmart has them but only in $100. wonder if that will work?:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter