Discovery Cove Discount

crazyfordisney2000

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of trying Discovery Cove in May - a last minute decision;) , any idea where I could get any sort of discount ? Thanks:goodvibes

The only place I have been able to find a discount is through AAA. Even on AAA's website I didn't see an option to buy for Discovery Cove but I went to the office and they do sell the tickets there. I understand not all AAA offices have the same offers so be sure to check around where you live. The price w/swim is $229. If you don't have a membership it would be worth getting one. They also have tickets for all of the other parks at a discount.

I was thinking more along the lines of bad rain with lightning... wonder if they would stay open?

Thx so much for the posted discount...I have our reservation for May 16th but the rep @ DC told me to be on the lookout for any specials that may come up bc we can cancel 30days before our travel date & immediately rebook:cool1:.

About rain, etc...I have read that will stop the dolphin encounters if there is lightening going on.

I was thinking more along the lines of bad rain with lightning... wonder if they would stay open?

I know at one point, I read somewhere in here, that people suggested booking DC early in your trip incase of bad weather. They will usually try and rebook you.

Otherwise, like others have said, you'll just get a little more wet. If it is lightening, they do have protocol to have people out of the water if lightening is too close. They will open and close based on where the lightening is.

Just checked on prices and found that for August it's $259. Gonna need a discount to make that work.

I was wondering that about the weather as well. If it's colder or weather is bad will they refund the dolphin swim if it's cancelled and you can't do it any other day of your trip

Just checked on prices and found that for August it's $259. Gonna need a discount to make that work.

I read (on the DIS I think) that, depending on how many in your party, it might save you money to buy a Sea World annual pass as that gets you a decent discount on booking at Discovery Cove for yourself and others in your party. You'd need to do the math to see if it would be worth it.

If you were not planning on using the SW pass that comes w/ the DC booking, it usually works out to be cheaper. If you have a big group, maybe a lot cheaper.

If you were planning to also go to SW, you would need to calculate adding tix to SW for the others as that would not be part of the package if you book w/ the AP discount. Current SW tix discounts are 20% of with purchase at the gate w/ SouthWest Rapid Rewards card (free to join) or $20 off if purchased online w/ a code.

I just booked Discovery Cove for August 26th. I booked with the Seaworld Passport rate of $169 for the dolphin swim and $69 for the non swim. Of course, you will be required to show the Seaworld Passport at Discovery Cove but you can book this rate without actually having it yet.

Hope that helps someone.

Mary

So...
The AP costs $110. If you're saving $90pp on the DC dolphin swim ($259-$169) then it pays to get the AP even if there are only 2 people doing the dolphin swim.

w AP: $110 (AP) + ($169 X 2) = $448

w/out AP: $259 X 2 = $518

If you have more than 2 people, the savings increases by $90 pp for each additional person.

If you were planning on using the SW day that comes along w/ the DC reservation, you have to add in the cost of the additional SW tix (AP holder will get in AND park for free). One day tix are $59 w/ current fast food code.

w/ AP + SW: $448 + $59 = $507

w/out AP + free SW day: $518 + parking $15(????) = $533

If you have more than 2 people the savings increases by $31 pp.

If you read this far, please check my math and my logic!

I'm with you Sharona!

I booked the AP, as we get free parking and 10% off purchases.

We are going 26th August as well as it's the wife's birthday - not a surprise though, thought I had better ask if she wanted to swim with a dolphin. :confused3

After reading all the reports I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm with you Sharona!

I booked the AP, as we get free parking and 10% off purchases.

We are going 26th August as well as it's the wife's birthday - not a surprise though, thought I had better ask if she wanted to swim with a dolphin. :confused3

After reading all the reports I'm really looking forward to it.

We will be there on the 26 August as well! Booked with AP also. Very happy with the savings especially as there are 5 of us.
Mary

I just booked Discovery Cove for August 26th. I booked with the Seaworld Passport rate of $169 for the dolphin swim and $69 for the non swim. Of course, you will be required to show the Seaworld Passport at Discovery Cove but you can book this rate without actually having it yet.

Hope that helps someone.

Mary

Can you book the Seaworld Passport Rate online or do you have to call?

I just booked for February 2012...I inquired about a discount using a AP...I was told I can only get a discount ($30/pp) if I have a Platinum AP which costs $299...for 3 people, it didn't pay off for us.

Anyone else have any luck using a 1 park AP for a discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter