Discovery Cove: Do they provide snacks, or not?!

suezb

First trip in 20 years: August 28th!
Hello!
I have the letter from Discovery Cove, and it says that they provide you with all the snacks and beverages throughout the day. However, on another website, I found the price listing for snacks at Discovery Cove! So which is it? Do they provide ALL the snacks and beverages, or only a couple and I have to buy the rest? I'm so confused :) Thanks!

I too would love to know this as on our tickets that we have just received it says 1 meal and doesnt mention snacks or anything!!!!

No snacks only lunch and boy is it a nice lunch. But you will have to pay for snack,if you need one. We eat a good breakfast before arriving and with there lunch we have not needed a snack. Have a good trip. :cool1:

I thought this has changed and all meals are included now? Breakfast, lunch and snacks?

Yes it does say that breakfast and snacks are included in the ticket price. This is on there own web site. :Pinkbounc

Yeah, on the actual letter it says:
"All of your snacks and beverages throughout the day, including a continental breakfast, sumtuous lunch and various Anheuser-Busch Products." So that's why I'm so confused by seeing the list of snacks and prices. If it's included, how could there be prices!!

When did you get something from Discovery Cove. I booked my day there months ago and we are leaving in 23 days and I don't have anything from them. When should I expect something???
Thanks so much for your information!

According to the Discovery Cove website:

New in 2006, from the moment you arrive at Discovery Cove, everything is ready and waiting for you and included in your day's admission -- all snacks and beverages throughout the day, including a continental breakfast featuring danish, muffins, fruit, coffee and juice served outside Laguna Grill as well as various Anheuser-Busch products and snacks from either of our beach bars. These amenities are all in addition to the Laguna Grill lunch always included as part of Discovery Cove admission.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Dislifer said:
When did you get something from Discovery Cove. I booked my day there months ago and we are leaving in 23 days and I don't have anything from them. When should I expect something???
Thanks so much for your information!
I got it within a few days of the actual booking. I would call them up and request one be sent to you, because the paper they sent me is how you get the Sea World or Busch Garden tickets. You show them the paper, and they hand you your pass.

And thank you Zsa Zsa! I hope that's the case, and that the people who say snacks are additional charges are wrong hehe

Hi guys I went last summer and there where no snacks or breakfast so thats what I posted, I have now seen that the ticket price includes all snacks and meals. sorry about that ,we try to go every other year. :cool1:

Went to Discovery cove last month and all food and beverages were included (including alcohol).

Dislifer - did you book through discovery cove directly or through a travel agent? Either way, you should receive something through the post. Most travel agents have a generic 'reservation certificate' they post out once DC have confirmed the booking to them - it will have your package type, date of visit and res number on there.

bazzanoid...

I booked through a travel agent back in April. All I have gotten from her was her handwritten details of the trip and a great big charge on my credit card. Any time I have called her (which is 2x), she acts like she's in a hurry and my trip is no big deal to her and her busy office!

I think I have to give her another call, what do you think???!!!

If she's given you an actual DC reference, then try sending a mail to Discovery Cove asking for confirmation of details - be sure to supply your surname with the booking number and details of the booked date / number in the party etc so they know you are who you say you are!

You can email Discovery Cove here: DCO-GuestRelations@DiscoveryCove.com

If you've not been given a booking reference, then email DC, asking if they have a booking and again state that you've not received any confirmation or anything from the TA - if there is a booking on their system they'll be able to put your mind at rest, and then you can rant at your TA either way for official confirmation - a gentle reminder that credit card charges can be cancelled with one phone call should do the trick!

bazzanoid: thank you so much for your info!!! I am going to email them right now!!!
I appreciate it!

Thanksyou for this info as i booked through themepark-tickets .com all i've got is an invoice and was told that i'd receive the confirmation about 2 weeks before i go, i've now managed to get a confirmation number out of them.
I don't go until November but i've just e-mailed them just to make sure and put my mind at rest.

I have reservations in Ocotber and received my confirmation but they never sent the brochure or information on it.
I will e-mail and ask them to send

bazzanoid said:
no probs - happy to help! :goodvibes

Hey bazzanoid! Thanks! Just got my email reply from Discovery Cove...with my confirmations number and some tips!
I printed it out and now at least I feel more certain that my trip is 4 sure!!!

Dislifer said:
Hey bazzanoid! Thanks! Just got my email reply from Discovery Cove...with my confirmations number and some tips!
I printed it out and now at least I feel more certain that my trip is 4 sure!!!

:thumbsup2

I had to email them recently as it occured i'd not seen the menus etc - one of our party is a veggie. Thought I'd share the reply here for anyone else that needs it:

Discovery Cove said:
We will be able to provide a vegetarian meal. There will be several selections to choose from the day of your visit such as a veggie stir fry, salads, fresh fruit are a few. Please feel free to stop by Laguna Grill after being checked in for the day to meet a chef and discuss your requirements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter