Discovery Cove review 12/6/15

This might just be us, but after our day at Discovery Cove we were all relaxed and warm from sun and water logged. We basically left at close (5pm) went to the condo, showered and changed, ate dinner and went to bed :) I think my family would have revolted had I made them go to a park afterwards.

This might just be us, but after our day at Discovery Cove we were all relaxed and warm from sun and water logged. We basically left at close (5pm) went to the condo, showered and changed, ate dinner and went to bed :) I think my family would have revolted had I made them go to a park afterwards.

We are the same way ::yes:: . A DC day, while relaxing and awesome, can be really quite taxing (all that water + sun + swimming = end-of-the-day exhaustion). If we stay until close, we're never capable of much beyond ordering a pizza and falling into bed.

First time going to DC in May and splurged on a cabana! really excited!! Anyone have a map showing where they are??

First time visitors, we are going at opening to get our picture/pass and have breakfast. Where should we grab a couple of chairs. This is at the beginning of our vacation and we will probably need a bit of shade. We hadn't planned on getting a cabana. It will be just my husband and myself. Where would be a centralish location, with some shade? not too far away from conveniences ie lockers/rest rooms.

Or maybe I am asking the wrong question? Where do/did you call home base and why was it a great place

Discovery Cove is really quite a small park, so no matter where you set up camp you're not terribly far from anything. If you want to be more central, then I would stick to somewhere nearer to the dolphin pools as they are more or less in the center of the park (with the lazy river/Freshwater Oasis on the entrance side and the Grand Reef on the opposite end). You may also want to consider which park features you might spend the most time at.....we LOVE the lazy river, so that's likely where we would try to be near if we didn't have a cabana. If you expect to spend significant amounts of time snorkeling, you may want to stay closer to the Grand Reef.

There really isn't a bad spot in the park :thumbsup2 .

This map might help you get a feel for the lay of the land:

https://discoverycove.com/en/signature-experiences/

I've been trying to locate a shady spot at Discovery Cove myself, and I think I've found the area that I want. I spent some time looking around on Google Earth, and I think I want an area below the orange and yellow umbrellas (the food area) back in the trees. Between the foliage and blue umbrellas, we should be able to get some shade!Google Earth image 2.jpg

We never had an issue finding a shady spot at Discovery Cove...it' all good there.

We have been four times and never got chairs for the day. We try to get in the first locker area past the restaurant. Lockers are free and we keep everything there and go around the park doing whatever we want. We stop at the locker to get our snorkel and mask on the way to the reef and then put it back in as we pass on the way to the lazy river or aviary.
There is so much fun stuff to do I never sit in a chair except at the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter