Discovery Cove with peanut allergy

curcio

Earning My Ears
We are considering a trip to Discovery Cove and our family deals with anaphylactic allergies to peanuts; even skin contact causes a significant reaction. I have been reading quite a bit of reviews and many mention that the complimentary snacks include peanuts. Does anyone have information as to how exactly these are packaged and how available they are? It is my experience that when something is complimentary(or free) people don't put much thought or care into wasting or being relatively reckless with them and I would hate to go through the day concerned about contact on surfaces, etc. The one upside seems to be that they are willing and able to accommodate food allergies in the actual food.

We are considering a trip to Discovery Cove and our family deals with anaphylactic allergies to peanuts; even skin contact causes a significant reaction. I have been reading quite a bit of reviews and many mention that the complimentary snacks include peanuts. Does anyone have information as to how exactly these are packaged and how available they are? It is my experience that when something is complimentary(or free) people don't put much thought or care into wasting or being relatively reckless with them and I would hate to go through the day concerned about contact on surfaces, etc. The one upside seems to be that they are willing and able to accommodate food allergies in the actual food.
Can not help with you main question but your comment about skin contact I would take extra precautions even without your question. Trail mix and other eat on the run snacks are everywhere plus kids. Dumb question but are there gloves that can be used as protection? I would be worried about contact even without the free snacks. I see trail mix and other peanut products brought into small park I work at. Kids are eating these while in line waiting in line. And no rides are not cleaned after each ride cycle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter