• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISCruise 1.0 - 8/24-8/31/2013 Royal Caribbean Cruise Oasis of the Seas

I have a really odd but specific question concerning Royal Caribbean. So I am a germ-a-phob and was wondering if due to their strange 'no alcohol' policy on bringing things on board is rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer likely to be flagged in your luggage? Just want to make sure we don't pack those and have our luggage put in jail. Also if neither are allowed to be brought on then are they able to be bought somewhere on the ship? More worried about not being able to have hand sanitizer, I never leave without it these days.

I have a really odd but specific question concerning Royal Caribbean. So I am a germ-a-phob and was wondering if due to their strange 'no alcohol' policy on bringing things on board is rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer likely to be flagged in your luggage? Just want to make sure we don't pack those and have our luggage put in jail. Also if neither are allowed to be brought on then are they able to be bought somewhere on the ship? More worried about not being able to have hand sanitizer, I never leave without it these days.

Technically as long as it's not for drinking those items should be allowed, however it will be up to their desrection. If they see something they deem 'suspsicious' they may confiscate it. You are more likley to have the rubbing alcohol confiscated than hand sanitizer.

There is a shop onbaord all RCCL ships and, similar to DCL, they have a small personal hygiene selection. I don'ty specifically recall seeing rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer for sale but it might have been there.

The good news is RCCL, like DCL and all other cruise lines, are super aware of hygiene issues and offer purell/hand sanitzer near any and every food venue. You kind of can't go 10 feet without finding some.

During our recent Christmas cruise they made daily announcements about frequent hand washing, and you can't get into a restaurant (or even near one) without someone reminding you to get Purelled.

I would imagine that if you wanted some for your personal use you could go to guest services and ask for some and they would be happy to supply it to you - the last thing they want is for people to get sick.

Technically as long as it's not for drinking those items should be allowed, however it will be up to their desrection. If they see something they deem 'suspsicious' they may confiscate it. You are more likley to have the rubbing alcohol confiscated than hand sanitizer.

There is a shop onbaord all RCCL ships and, similar to DCL, they have a small personal hygiene selection. I don'ty specifically recall seeing rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer for sale but it might have been there.

The good news is RCCL, like DCL and all other cruise lines, are super aware of hygiene issues and offer purell/hand sanitzer near any and every food venue. You kind of can't go 10 feet without finding some.

During our recent Christmas cruise they made daily announcements about frequent hand washing, and you can't get into a restaurant (or even near one) without someone reminding you to get Purelled.

I would imagine that if you wanted some for your personal use you could go to guest services and ask for some and they would be happy to supply it to you - the last thing they want is for people to get sick.

Awesome! Thanks John! I thought I saw Purell dispensers when looking at random pictures of the ship on google search and youtube videos but wasn't sure how many they had, good to know they are not hard to find! :thumbsup2

Hmmm, never been on a cruise AND I turn 50 this year..........might have to do more research (and sweet talk my hubby).

A cruise virgin!? You must join us!

Having a big group like this (especially like this group) should reduce some of the fear of the unknown that most first-time cruisers have. Although the ship isn't as big as WDW, there is still so much to see and do, not to mention just finding your cabin, that there is a wealth of new experiences.

Val & I have been on something like a dozen cruises (3, err 4, more coming up this year) and enjoyed every one. Some more than others but still each was lots of fun.

Please think seriously about this one Evelyn. :sail:

OKW Lover said:
Although the ship isn't as big as WDW, there is still so much to see and do, not to mention just finding your cabin,

Not quite as big as WDW, but very close. :)

weddings and podcast cruises just don't seem to mix for me..
so far i've managed to miss every podcast cruise because of a wedding (both my son and daughter's weddings forced me to cancel my reservation for a podcast cruise)

and now it's happening yet again..

my nephew is getting married labor day weekend, blocking me from the oasis cruise.

i can't believe it.. :sad:
i was sooooooooooooooooo excited that i'd finally get to cruise with the podcasters!!

oh well..

at least it's a happy reason..

i adore this nephew and my soon to be niece in law...

i've just sent Tracey my cancellation email.

i hope there's another podcast cruise in the future!

i'll be thinking of you all!!!

New blog posted about our December trip on the Allure writtent by Kevin - enjoy!!

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Allure of the Seas – 150 Central Park

http://foodietales.com/2013/01/royal-caribbean-cruise-line-allure-of-the-seas-150-central-park/

sounds amazing!!
it seems i might make it onto the Allure in August - before the wedding that's blocking me from your oasis cruise. (we're going to try for it last minute - after final payment)...
If i do make it onto the allure, i wonder if veggies can each at 150 central park the way they can at Remy...

Still hoping to do 3 days pre-cruise at Disney World if the $120 a night offer at the Swan/Dolphin is still there but since I booked after the free transfer offer I assume if I want to sign up for that(if I still can) I'd have to pay, which I don't mind, but have no idea how much this will be. If I can sign up for the transfer how much would that be and what would the cut off date for sign up be(if there is one)? Also is the $120 a night for Swan/Dolphin offer still there as well? Would love a quick stop at Disney World since I haven't been in a few years but need to budget since it's a lot on top of a 7 Day cruise. Also if I do book this would I have to do a separate reservation with Dreams Unlimited on top of the cruise?

Thanks for all the help! The reviews from the Allure have made me extremely excited for this cruise! :)

After listening to the podcast about decorating state room doors just wondering will people do that on this cruise?

Is there a list somewhere of who is going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter