DISCruise 1.0 - 8/24-8/31/2013 Royal Caribbean Cruise Oasis of the Seas

Here is the list I've gleaned from the posts on this thread up to now.

Disney Enabler, Carol & Michael
DisneyKevin; Kevin
DSNYDREAMER; Tracey, Chris & Ben
LionKingRules84;
LuvsBlueDiamonds;
msjuyamc; Kim
myweegirls; Liz, SO, Anna, Tessa
NitroStitch; Lisa & Paul
OKW Lover & OKW Lover Lover; Jeff & Val
Princessclab;
rn4val;
Sayhello; Tobi
Shogo;
WDWworld;
WebmasterJohn; John
Wimpy; Jim

Everybody please post additional info as to their travel mates, children's names/ages, cabin number (optional - you can keep this a secret if you want).

I'm assuming that many of the podcasters are going to be on board in addition to John & Kevin but they aren't on the list since they haven't posted explicitly here that they are going.

I'm going too! :). I'm Wimpy/Jim's wife, Jayme. It's just the two of us though, they won't let us bring the furry kids along! LOL!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm going too! :). I'm Wimpy/Jim's wife, Jayme. It's just the two of us though, they won't let us bring the furry kids along! LOL!

Thanks for the update Jayme. I'll include it in the next go-around.

Any others?

My name is Debbie and I'm coming with my sister in law Tina. Our cabin is 12626

DisneyFanInPA said:

I'm happy she freely admits that we will be there together. :)

We are indeed in! You have my board name (myweegirls) - Eric is DEA. Anna is 8, and Tessa is 6. And *everyone* is very excited.

We have flights - going into Ft. Lauderdale - now I need to book a pre-night stay somewhere that will shuttle us to the port!

XO
Liz

My name is Angela and I'm going with my husband Ryan. :)

We are in the process of figuring out pre-days at the Swan before the cruise.

We are indeed in! You have my board name (myweegirls) - Eric is DEA. Anna is 8, and Tessa is 6. And *everyone* is very excited.

We have flights - going into Ft. Lauderdale - now I need to book a pre-night stay somewhere that will shuttle us to the port!

XO
Liz

Thanks Liz. I just could not remember Eric's name. I know we chatted on both PCC 3.0 and 4.0. It will be nice to see you again.

My name is Angela and I'm going with my husband Ryan. :)

We are in the process of figuring out pre-days at the Swan before the cruise.

Welcome aboard! Pre-days at the Swan will be nice. Its so convenient to Epcot (and the Studios). We just spent 3 nights at the Dolphin. Really good rates as compared to BW/BC/YC.

I'm going. It's my first cruise and I'm taking my neice. :earsboy:
Me - Penny
Neice - Whitney

Welcome aboard! And especially, welcome to the DIS Boards. Glad you de-lurked. :)

ShellyMinnie and I are going too. :goodvibes

Thank you for making the list, Jeff.

we'll be like ships passing in the night - we'll be on the Allure that comes back into ft lauderdale on the 25th.
so maybe we'll pass you somewhere along the coast of florida ;)

Updated list as of the Ides of March:

BZelf & Bwix; Yvonne & Burt
DisneyKevin; Kevin
LionKingRules84; Angela & Ryan
LuvsBlueDiamonds;
Mikelan6 & ShellyMinnie; Mike & Shelly
msjuyamc; Kim
myweegirls; Liz, Eric, Anna 8, Tessa 6
NitroStitch; Lisa & Paul
Penny Mouse; Penny (first cruise) & Whitney (niece)
Princessclab;
rn4val;
Sayhello; Tobi
Shogo;
WDWworld;
WebmasterJohn; John
Wimpy & DisneyFanInPA; Jim & Jayme

It's my first cruise too. I'm getting excited. We are flying into Miami the day before the cruise. Got a lot cheaper rate then going into Ft Lauderdale. Does anyone know the best way to get from Miami airport to hotel in Ft Lauderdale? Is there a shuttle service? We don't want to rent a car just for less than a day.

Thanks Liz. I just could not remember Eric's name. I know we chatted on both PCC 3.0 and 4.0. It will be nice to see you again.

You, too! We're really looking forward to this cruise - the last week before we go back to school...

XO
Liz

wdwworld = Bob & Julie
We are coming in late on Thursday staying at Swan & Dolphin for the pre-cruise. We are going to Theme Park Connection on Friday:cool1:, love that place.
Can't wait to get this going.

Updated list as of the Ides of March:

BZelf & Bwix; Yvonne & Burt
DisneyKevin; Kevin
LionKingRules84; Angela & Ryan
LuvsBlueDiamonds;
Mikelan6 & ShellyMinnie; Mike & Shelly
msjuyamc; Kim
myweegirls; Liz, Eric, Anna 8, Tessa 6
NitroStitch; Lisa & Paul
Penny Mouse; Penny (first cruise) & Whitney (niece)
Princessclab;
rn4val;
Sayhello; Tobi
Shogo;
WDWworld;
WebmasterJohn; John
Wimpy & DisneyFanInPA; Jim & Jayme

Jeff -- Thanks for putting this together.

Michael is Merry Mousketeer on the boards. For those who listen to the Disneyland edition of the podcast, he is on that team.

We are flying into Orlando on Wednesday staying at Bay Lake Tower. Who will be joining us on the bus ride to the port?

We will be at the Swan for 2 nights after the cruise flying home on Labor Day.

Looking forward to meeting new people and seeing those of you who we have cruised with on prior DIS cruises.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Since I've never done a cruise before what's the best way to get from the port to the airport at the end of the cruise? Taxi or would I be better off with a town car service?

I do hope you can still sign up for the transfer from the Swan/Dolphin to the port, plan on staying a few nights there before the cruise(am booking through dreams through the special rates page). I joined sometime after the offer of the free transfer anyone know if I would have to pay or if I'm able to hitch a ride? I'm willing to pay for it I just need to know how much so I can budget properly. I know it sounds silly that I have to budget like this but it makes a difference on how long I can stay at the Swan. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Since I've never done a cruise before what's the best way to get from the port to the airport at the end of the cruise? Taxi or would I be better off with a town car service?

Port Everglades is VERY close to Ft Lauderdale Airport. The most convenient way would probably be a taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter