• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISCruise 1.0 - 8/24-8/31/2013 Royal Caribbean Cruise Oasis of the Seas

Wondering if anybody knows if the Oasis cabin doors are steel. Do people decorate their doors the way many people do on DCL?

I now for a fact the doors on the Allure are metal and you can put magnets on them. I assume the ones on the Oasis are as well.

I know that we have't posted many details about this cruise lately but I wanted you to know we are working on the schedule of events.

A great big thank you goes to Tracey. She has worked very hard with RCCL to come up with some cool stuff for us to do this cruise.

She had a difficult task - I told her I wanted this to be different from our previous podcast cruises and she has come up with some different and fun stuff I think you all will enjoy.

We should have the schedule finalized in a week or so and get it posted mid-June.

Thanks for your patience.

I know some of you are waiting to hear from me regarding changes to dining etc. WIth the fire on the Grandeur this week, it is an all hands on deck at Royal Caribbean and they are prioritizing right now to make sure everyone affected by the cancellations is taken care of. I am waiting to hear from my group rep on the changes and we have scheduled a phone call for today to resolve a number of these outstanding issues!

Thank you for your patience.

As to today (June 4, 2013) the cast of characters:

BZelf & Bwix; Yvonne & Burt
C-Rad; Roger, Patti, Brianna (daughter) and Carly (daughter)
CanadianDISfan; Gabriella, Terry & Matthew
Disney Enabler & Merry Mousketeer; Carol & Michael
DisneyKevin & Webmaster John; Kevin & John
DisneySuzy; Sue, Bill, Amanda (daughter), Ben (son-in-law), Wanda (Mom) & Dean (Dad)
DSNYDREAMER; Tracey, Chris & Ben
Itsmuggsie; Muggsie, Cindy & Ellie (daughter)
LionKingRules84; Angela & Ryan
LuvsBlueDiamonds; Michele, Eric and Mikayla 11
Mikelan6 & ShellyMinnie; Mike & Shelly
msjuyamc; Kim
mskayo; Kay & Mike
myweegirls; Liz, Eric, Anna 8, Tessa 6
NewMouse: Teresa
NitroStitch; Lisa, but no Paul this trip
OKW Lover & OKW Lover Lover; Jeff & Val
Penny Mouse; Penny (first cruise) & Whitney (niece)
Princessclab;
rn4val; Debbie & Tina (SIL)
SafetyMom; Kathy
Shogo;
WDWworld; Bob & Julie
Webmaster Pete; Pete
WebmasterKathy; Kathy & (better half) Tom
Wimpy & DisneyFanInPA; Jim & Jayme

Total of 56 so far. In addition, Pete has said that nearly all the other Podcasters will be on board.

Just want to give you all a heads up that we will be closing out transfers in a few days. We need to finalize plans with the transportation company and to do so we need to give them a final/total count of who will be using riding the bus.

If you haven't done so already please sign-up for transfers here - http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/DisCruise10/DisCruise10_start.cfm

Once we have all the details finalized with the transportation I will send an email to everyone who has signed up with specifics.

This was the first day to book show and Hairspray only had one show time left. I hope none of the Dis events conflict with shows. Sure am getting excited

This was the first day to book show and Hairspray only had one show time left. I hope none of the Dis events don't conflict with shows. Sure am getting excited

Oh no! I don't want to miss Hairspray and haven't even started trying to figure out what to book or how to avoid conflict with possible DIS events. Eeeeek! :eek:

I wouldn't stress too much if you can't get show times in advance. I sailed with no reservations on the Allure last year and was able to get everything I wanted while onboard.

We should have a preliminary schedule coming out this week. As we have found from dealing with group travel, getting events confirmed is a slow (and soemtimes painful!) process and often can't be done until final payments have been made and we have firm numbers.

I wouldn't stress too much if you can't get show times in advance. I sailed with no reservations on the Allure last year and was able to get everything I wanted while onboard.

We should have a preliminary schedule coming out this week. As we have found from dealing with group travel, getting events confirmed is a slow (and soemtimes painful!) process and often can't be done until final payments have been made and we have firm numbers.

Whew. That's a relief that they still have availability on board. :)

We're very grateful for all the hard work you do and all the patience you have when slogging through the group planning process! I'm sure we'll have planning information as soon as it's available to you. :thumbsup2

As to today (June 4, 2013) the cast of characters:

BZelf & Bwix; Yvonne & Burt
C-Rad; Roger, Patti, Brianna (daughter) and Carly (daughter)
CanadianDISfan; Gabriella, Terry & Matthew
Disney Enabler & Merry Mousketeer; Carol & Michael
DisneyKevin & Webmaster John; Kevin & John
DisneySuzy; Sue, Bill, Amanda (daughter), Ben (son-in-law), Wanda (Mom) & Dean (Dad)
DSNYDREAMER; Tracey, Chris & Ben
Itsmuggsie; Muggsie, Cindy & Ellie (daughter)
LionKingRules84; Angela & Ryan
LuvsBlueDiamonds; Michele, Eric and Mikayla 11
Mikelan6 & ShellyMinnie; Mike & Shelly
msjuyamc; Kim
mskayo; Kay & Mike
myweegirls; Liz, Eric, Anna 8, Tessa 6
NewMouse: Teresa
NitroStitch; Lisa, but no Paul this trip
OKW Lover & OKW Lover Lover; Jeff & Val
Penny Mouse; Penny (first cruise) & Whitney (niece)
Princessclab;
rn4val; Debbie & Tina (SIL)
SafetyMom; Kathy
Shogo;
WDWworld; Bob & Julie
Webmaster Pete; Pete
WebmasterKathy; Kathy & (better half) Tom
Wimpy & DisneyFanInPA; Jim & Jayme

Total of 56 so far. In addition, Pete has said that nearly all the other Podcasters will be on board.

I just want to make you all aware that all of the podcasters will be on this cruise except Corey, Julie and Teresa. The sailing conflicted with start of school and we all agreed that was more important.

The podcasters on this cruise are:

Pete
John
Kevin
Kathy
Dustin
Shaun
Craig

Thanks for the update John. I'll be updating the roll call this weekend.

Anybody else want to come out of the woodwork?

Please ignore my 'see you in 6 weeks' in my last email - I apparently forgot about the month of July :thumbsup2

Wow! I am so surprised by how much is planned for this cruise. Thanks to you and Tracey (and anyone else who helped) for all of your hard work.

I can't wait!

Yvonne

I am excited about the schedule but have a question. It listed Aug 29 twice Is the bingo and live recording on the same day? Also we don't disembark until Aug 31 and it lists the 30. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter