Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those wanting to make sure you stay on the same site through the weekend of June 12th, I just called down and asked if I could extend my reservation until the 12th. The very nice girl said, "No problem." I have a new confirmation email for a reservation June 5-12 on site 56.

I tried this a few years ago and I was told that would put me into their > 6 month cancellation policy, which was you lose everything. It seems they have changed their cancellation policy and you can book up to a year out by calling.

Here's the phone number: 865-453-9994

j

DW had surgery yesterday so I haven't checked site. I grabbed site 48 from 4th-10th and I'll call tomorrow to see if I can add 11th and 12th. At that time it was last creekside site.Id been watching for a while, its been pretty full looking. Folks pulling trigger early. May have to watch for cancelations later.

@Teamubr , appreciate that heads up on calling to add days.

Last edited:
Michael.

I hope Stacy is doing well.

I think there are plenty of pull through sites, but those creekside sites have always booked up early.

j

Michael.

I hope Stacy is doing well.

I think there are plenty of pull through sites, but those creekside sites have always booked up early.

j

Shes doing okay. Sore, but otherwise good.

I know Randy grabbed site 14 since all creekside were gone, but folks will cancel between now and then. If we watch it we can likely move sites around if needed.

I'll update the first post here in a little bit to reflect where everyone is at.

Booked Site 47, June 4th thru the 9th. Will add the next couple days one at a time. This is worse than Disney.
Okay we're starting now?

I just booked site #10 (back-in close to the bath house) in Saturday 6/5 out Wednesday 6/9. I will need to grab it for two more nights as I need to head home on Friday the 11th.

Take 41 or 40 Benita. Sounds like we are gathering on that end of the resort.

Bama Ed

PS - well, PaHunter, the weekend most of us are trying to arrive is the weekend at the end of Memorial Day week (the traditional summer start) so I think for that week in particular folks are booking early.
Reserved #40
Coming in on Saturday (6/5)
Bringing the dog (and bourbon)
Reserved site #45. 06/05-06/09 for now. Will have to add a few more days one day at a time. I really wanted to wait and do one reservation when all the days are available but I really wanted a site on the creek, so I guess the early bird gets the creek site.:banana::boat:
@PaHunter and others. Pine Mt has a 2 night booking minimum, so we can't do the day at a time Fort method.

I'm on site 56 up to the 9th. I'll call on Monday morning and book Wed-Sat.

j
Yeah sorry I kicked it off but was getting nervous, though plenty of pull throughs. I booked June 3 to 9 and plan to add on. If you do it via website minimum booking is two days so plan accordingly. At this point I think I can wait till Monday to book my last 3 nights. I am in 58.
I've got site 57 6th - 10th. will add on as well

Got you guys updated on the initial post. The current dates reflect what you have posted that you currently have.

Bump our departure date out to Friday June 11, tiggerdad. I made a second on-line reservation this morning for #10 to pick up the last two nights. Our plans are now complete.

Ed

Well attempted this morning to add to our reservation and 47 was not available, so we will have to move during our stay. We have 46 booked for the 9th to the 11th. Called and left a message for campground hoping the can shuffle. But if not no biggie, we hook up and move next door. :confused3

Y’all had me scared this morning I wasn’t going to get something on the creek. Booked site 61 this morning. Checking in on the 5 and out on 11 but will probably call and add on the 12.

Called and left a message for campground hoping the can shuffle. But if not no biggie, we hook up and move next door. :confused3
Chris,

Try calling again during business hours or keep trying. My experience with them in the past, is they don't reply to messages very well.
Booked site 61 this morning.
Went for the Premium site! The 2 sites down in the circle are nice. You should have a nice view of the creek right outside your door.

j

Chris,

Try calling again during business hours or keep trying. My experience with them in the past, is they don't reply to messages very well.

Went for the Premium site! The 2 sites down in the circle are nice. You should have a nice view of the creek right outside your door.

j

Jim,
I will give them a call tomorrow. We are expecting snow, so our work day will be impacted, so should have some free time.

Just called them trying to add on my stay on site 48. Found out something. Apparently my site is already booked from 11-15th. I asked how that could be and they said it was booked last year.

Apparently there is a policy that if you are on site you can book that same site same days next year, but it has to be done while you are still on site.

So, I gotta find different site or have to move too.

Just called Pine Mountain RV and I was able to add 3 more days to my reservation. They also added my Good Sam discount. I am on Site 45 arriving 6/5 and checking out on 6/12.

Apparently my site is already booked from 11-15th. I asked how that could be and they said it was booked last year.
The cancellation policy shows 2 different time frames. 6 mos to 1 month out and 1 year to 6 months out. It is just the on line system that is restricted to the 6 month window. When I stayed there in 2016, I booked at about 8 or 9 months out. At that time, the cancellation rules were you lost the whole reservation fee if you had booked farther out than 6 months and canceled, but the same 14 day cancellation policy as now if you booked inside 6 months. (No money lost) I asked why the difference and she said people would book up sites 9, 10 or 12 months out and then cancel at the last minute (sort of like the Fort). They were left with a bunch of sites they didn't fill.

Now, it looks like they have modified their policy so you only lose your deposit if you book earlier than 6 months and have to cancel. A little more reasonable. The on-line link should have something about calling if you want to reserve beyond 6 months.

Either way, it looks like there are still quite a few pull through sites left. Those are fine if you're not over 30 ft. (40ft if you are in a MH without a car). I made my trailer fit in June, but had to wedge the truck in on the gravel. I'm not sure if that was within the rules (they just say no parking on the grass. No mention of rocks)

The front of the trailer is within a few feet of sticking into the road.

20200718_150112_copy_1843x1037_copy_921x518.jpg

j

Last edited:
I am in the same boat that my site is not available. I will call tomorrow but if needed I will get a pull through. We fit it was ok.

Teresa and I booked site 51 checking in on 6/6 and currently out on 6/11 :thumbsup2:thumbsup2. Hoping to call and extend to 11/13.

Steve

My reaction that I might get to meet Jets70 in person.

giphy.gif

:teeth: Ed

PS - for anyone who doesn’t know who the character above, Fred Sanford (who was played by the actor Redd Foxx) was, boy you missed out....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter