Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My reaction that I might get to meet Jets70 in person.

giphy.gif

That reaction coming from The @bama_ed , I am humbled. In all seriousness, Teresa and I do look forward to meeting all of you.

Steve

I called this is what i have for now :). I am in site 58 June 3 to 5 and then on saturday we are moving to site 60 for the rest of the time checking out June 12. I also have cabin 63 booked for FIL from June 3 to 12. @friendofeeyore cabin 64 is still available.

Is it June yet??

I called this is what i have for now :). I am in site 58 June 3 to 5 and then on saturday we are moving to site 60 for the rest of the time checking out June 12. I also have cabin 63 booked for FIL from June 3 to 12. @friendofeeyore cabin 64 is still available.

Is it June yet??
Well that makes me happy that I'll have a DISer neighbor :) We're in 61.

I have met @JETS70 before. he was one of the firsts to meet the rockstars. Both of them.
It seems like a while back that Teresa and I had the opportunity to meet Mallory and Yeti along with you and Bert. We look forward to saying hi again along with meeting everyone else.
I was able to call and get our stay extended until Sunday, June 13th on site 51.

Steve

A little late here, so all the creek side sites where gone. You would think some kinda group was coming in. :)

My choices were backin sites 2,8,9 or one the pull thru in the 30's.
I went with #9 on the 5th-13th since it was close to everyone else and lobby, bathrooms, etc. and mom will probably want to use those.

Looks like DS1 and DDiL may be coming as well. If so they will stay at the Mainstay across the street.

Funny thing, my mom stayed at the Mainstay last month and thought it was nice, and when she say the campground across the street she wondered if that was where we going stay in June.

I went with #9 on the 5th-13th since it was close to everyone else and lobby, bathrooms, etc. and mom will probably want to use those.

Howdy Neighbor! :wave: DW and I will be in #10 right next to ya.

We've got SouthAlabama5er in #14 and FtWMike in #11 and hopefully friendofeeyore will get the cabin on the end near the back-ins (and I vouch for all 3 of them - except Mike - well I mean I VOUCH for him but I'm a little jealous of his long mustache) so we lookin' pretty good in the back-in sites so far

Bama Ed

We've got SouthAlabama5er in #14 and FtWMike in #11 and hopefully friendofeeyore will get the cabin on the end near the back-ins (and I vouch for all 3 of them - except Mike - well I mean I VOUCH for him but I'm a little jealous of his long mustache) so we lookin' pretty good in the back-in sites so far

Bama Ed

Does that mean a short walk to puzzle?

Can't wait to meet everyone that wasn't able to join us in Oct. And can't wait to see everyone else again.

@tiggerdad UPDATE. I couldn't extend my stay on site 57, so we are now on site 44 still arriving on the 6th

Sounds like another in the neighborhood, and @BenitaN will be right behind us.

Does that mean a short walk to puzzle?

It does but we will have some experienced help from folks who didn't make it to the Fort DISMeet in October.

Can't wait to meet everyone that wasn't able to join us in Oct. And can't wait to see everyone else again.

Yes a number of people had to cancel out on the Fort But those that did come and new folks will be there in June.

Sounds like another in the neighborhood, and @BenitaN will be right behind us.

We would welcome Benita and her DH to our little Back-In neighborhood but as you know from October, the every-night pow-wow is liable to be anywhere at anyone's site. That's part of the fun as you know.

Bama Ed

PS - I'm just glad I'm not alone in the back-ins

Updated the list just now to reflect those of you who have added dates and times since the 12th. It's in order of how you posted your information on here. Currently we'll be leaving on the 10th. DW had brought up the fact that our planned weekend trip to Chattanooga was ruined this past summer and we've always said we would take the DDs to Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, and ride the Chattanooga Choochoo so we might take advantage of the week off and stop in Chattanooga for 2 days on the way back. Looking at Raccoon Mountain currently which is where we were booked in late July.

Updated the list just now to reflect those of you who have added dates and times since the 12th. It's in order of how you posted your information on here. Currently we'll be leaving on the 10th. DW had brought up the fact that our planned weekend trip to Chattanooga was ruined this past summer and we've always said we would take the DDs to Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, and ride the Chattanooga Choochoo so we might take advantage of the week off and stop in Chattanooga for 2 days on the way back. Looking at Raccoon Mountain currently which is where we were booked in late July.

You missed my move to 46 from post 110. I know, we are easy to miss, muted truck and all.

If you go to Chattanooga for a night (or two), tiggerdad, you have to stop at the Tennessee Valley Railroad (TVRR) and ride the short steam train ride which is how I got on the steam train bandwagon.

All you need is the "Missionary Ridge" special which is an hour long (almost 4 miles). From the Grand Junction Station, ride through the Missionary Ridge Horseshoe Tunnel to the turntable/work yard, watch the loco ride down to the turntable and spin 180 degrees to take the passenger cars back, you get a tour of the work shops where loco/car refurb happens (see Ed's 4501 there), and then go back thru the Tunnel to Grand Junction (a Y-turn which features a backing loco experience).

https://www.tvrail.com/events-exhibits/rides/missionary-ridge-local

Here is a brief YouTube of the Missionary Ridge ride (about an hour round trip):

yes their parking lot can accommodate the largets trailer/rv to turn around and park in the parking lot of Grand Junction.

My first steam ride (love) was on the Southern 4501 at the TVRR:

If you've never ridden steam, this is your chance to get behind their 630, 610, or the 4501.

Bama Ed

PS - here is the address for directions. I'll be riding it either on the way to PF or on the way home. It is just north of the I75/24/40 junction north of downtown Chattanooga.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Te...33413895982d5!2m2!1d-85.2062595!2d35.0670116?

PPS - and for you country music fans, the Tennessee Valley Railroad steam loco was featured in Josh Turner's music video for "Long Black Train" about 10 years ago.

Last edited:
@tiggerdad we are in 58 June 3 to 5 then we are in 60 June 5 to 12. Cabin is 63 have that the entire June 3 to 12. FIL will hangout there and our rig.

If you go to Chattanooga for a night (or two), tiggerdad, you have to stop at the Tennessee Valley Railroad (TVRR) and ride the short steam train ride which is how I got on the steam train bandwagon.

All you need is the "Missionary Ridge" special which is an hour long (almost 4 miles). From the Grand Junction Station, ride through the Missionary Ridge Horseshoe Tunnel to the turntable/work yard, watch the loco ride down to the turntable and spin 180 degrees to take the passenger cars back, you get a tour of the work shops where loco/car refurb happens (see Ed's 4501 there), and then go back thru the Tunnel to Grand Junction (a Y-turn which features a backing loco experience).

https://www.tvrail.com/events-exhibits/rides/missionary-ridge-local

Here is a brief YouTube of the Missionary Ridge ride (about an hour round trip):

yes their parking lot can accommodate the largets trailer/rv to turn around and park in the parking lot of Grand Junction.

My first steam ride (love) was on the Southern 4501 at the TVRR:

If you've never ridden steam, this is your chance to get behind their 630, 610, or the 4501.

Bama Ed

PS - here is the address for directions. I'll be riding it either on the way to PF or on the way home. It is just north of the I75/24/40 junction north of downtown Chattanooga.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Te...33413895982d5!2m2!1d-85.2062595!2d35.0670116?

PPS - and for you country music fans, the Tennessee Valley Railroad steam loco was featured in Josh Turner's music video for "Long Black Train" about 10 years ago.

If you are leaving on the 11th, we might can meet up there and ride it if you want. Since we'll be staying in Chattanooga for 2 days. Raccoon mountain campground apparently also has the cave tour which the kids were excited about.

That train is what I'm looking for, it will certainly be added to the plans.

The only coal fired steam engine that I've actually ridden is the one at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge. That ride however is only about 20-30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter