Disney’s Grand Floridian Society Orchestra Last Day Will Be Oct 3rd

Never heard of them until a couple days ago. Been going to wdw for 25 years and been a dvc member for 20 years. Hate to see anyone get laid off. Hope they get to come back like the rest of the thousands of people that got laid off. It’s a sad time.

I posted earlier, but thought I might elaborate. I have heard of the orchestra, but have never seen them perform. However, I HAVE seen many performances or 'extras' throughout the resorts and parks. For me, I like spending time with my family. WDW just gives us the best place to do that. It isn't about experiencing Pirates of the Caribbean for the 1000th time that keeps us going back. It is the memories that we make in line. The little inside jokes that we bring up often for many years. We've gone other places and always have a great time. But, we like how Disney keeps us out of the room and the kids away from the iPads. Sometimes everything lines up just right. It's usually not on the shiny-est new state of the art simulator. It might have been next year, when we were eating at Grand Floridian, and on the way out heard a faint sound of string music. Maybe we would have made our way over and sat together and listened. Maybe not. But, my point is that WDW is exciting because you never know were the next memory will be made. I understand that they are in an impossible position. I just hope that some of the changes that they are making don't take away the magic for us.

The bottom line is this: until the company as a whole will say to the shareholders “we want Disney to be a good long-term investment but not a get-filthy-rich stock,” cost-cutting must continue. Obviously they have taken a huge hit with COVID, but now COULD be the time for them to say “we want a leader and a board who want to rebuild our business AND take it back to being about the guest experience, not their own bonuses.” You can do targeted cost cuts without wholesale removing the magic. But until guest experience becomes more important than mega-profit, it will not get better for the guests, just the managers drawing the big dividends and bonuses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter