Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

Boo... Atlanta is having an ice day so despite not getting any snow, a lot of places are closing. I checked this morning and the gym had a delayed opening, but I went just now and it's actually closed all day. And I'm a true blue Southerner--I don't have clothes for outdoor exercise in 24F degree weather! I have things I can do at home but when you're itching for a run there's nothing much you can replace it with! Watching the videos and seeing pictures of people doing the WDW half on treadmills and at resorts is so inspiring and motivating :)

Boo... Atlanta is having an ice day so despite not getting any snow, a lot of places are closing. I checked this morning and the gym had a delayed opening, but I went just now and it's actually closed all day. And I'm a true blue Southerner--I don't have clothes for outdoor exercise in 24F degree weather! I have things I can do at home but when you're itching for a run there's nothing much you can replace it with! Watching the videos and seeing pictures of people doing the WDW half on treadmills and at resorts is so inspiring and motivating :)

Trust me even here in Montana where we are used to ice you don't see people running on it till it's cleared too easy to slip.

Checking in at 1.5 pounds lost out of 4 so 38%. Already had a rough weekend eating/drinking-wise. For the past 2 or 3 days I've been beyond starving. I think it's hormonal. But it came to head yesterday when I would eat and literally be hungry 30 minutes later. So annoying. Then this morning I was hungover and ate terribly just cuz I wanted an excuse to eat terribly. I need a way to motivate myself to make better hangover choices. I'm not really sure how to do it.

Woke up this morning to a major ear ache so even drinking hurts. I've been using ear oil and very warm compresses for relief. Depending on how I feel on Monday I will go from there. Had my first official weigh in today and am telling myself that what matters is the end of the year and that my pants are fitting looser. I will post the total number at the end of the month.

Are any of you on MFP and want to be friends there?

I am 4Mickeys there also - I haven't been all that active on it lately though - but I do stop by to give some likes and look at the articles - I really like their articles and recipe ideas.

Checking in at 1.5 pounds lost out of 4 so 38%. Already had a rough weekend eating/drinking-wise. For the past 2 or 3 days I've been beyond starving. I think it's hormonal. But it came to head yesterday when I would eat and literally be hungry 30 minutes later. So annoying. Then this morning I was hungover and ate terribly just cuz I wanted an excuse to eat terribly. I need a way to motivate myself to make better hangover choices. I'm not really sure how to do it.

Well down on the loss! Hormones! Maybe you will find some inspiration for hangover cures in this article - I did a google search - http://www.medicaldaily.com/hangove...drinks-thatll-get-you-back-track-after-370520

Woke up this morning to a major ear ache so even drinking hurts. I've been using ear oil and very warm compresses for relief. Depending on how I feel on Monday I will go from there. Had my first official weigh in today and am telling myself that what matters is the end of the year and that my pants are fitting looser. I will post the total number at the end of the month.

Hope you feel better soon :worried: - as for the scale it can be disappointing at times but definitely remember the bigger picture :-)

my computer is still being weird - I was able to get on this afternoon but then tonight it is not cooperating again! It only seems to be with the DIS logon - everything else seems to be working ok :sad2:

I feel I am moving towards it still but am getting close - as I said before I made a lot of progress in 2016. Food I love it always have - and junky food the best - I was thin when younger and could eat it all but that set me up for bad habits later. I had a happy childhood mostly. I was also always pretty shy and found social situations difficult at times (still do). I don't want this to sound stuck up but when I was younger I kind of knew I was attractive (to a degree), I was thin and I knew how to rock an outfit that showed it off - I got a fair bit of attention from men walking down the street or in clubs. But on the inside I have always lacked confidence - I never felt like I really fit in somewhere - I kind of felt on the outside. I married early at 19 to a friend of my brothers (the one I don't talk to anymore) - it did not last for many reasons - some of which I am learning about now as I look deeper inside myself. Then I thought my next relationship was THE one that would last forever ... for the first time I felt like I fitted and was where I belonged ... when it ended in a very prolonged manner it really did me in mentally and I mean in quite a bad way .... my trip to DL in 2014 with my kids really saved me. Even though this relationship made me the happiest it also made me the most miserable at times due to my partners own mental health issues which really in the end were the cause of the breakdown. It has taken me 10 long years to realise that it probably wasn't always the healthiest relationship and that it wasn't a rejection of me so much as a rejection of what they could not cope with or be the person I needed them to be. I have really turned a corner where I can start to appreciate the happy times and look with more clarity at those that weren't - This relationship and its ultimate breakdown turned my life in a trajectory I just never imagined for myself - there have been good things to come of it - like me going to University with 3 young kids so that I could better take care of us all and learning that I am stronger most days than I ever imagined I could be. Food started to kick in for me as comfort during this time and I decided somewhere along the way the weight would help me hide from attention as i did not want to be hurt again therefore did not want romantic involvement - I lost faith in my judgement of others as clearly I messed up 2 times already - I focused on raising my kids. I am reaching a point where I am gaining better perspective as I heal and feel that I am ready to start to move forward and look forward to all possibilities in the future. I know I have been shaped by all of these experiences and just need to make sure I learn from my mistakes and make choices that protect me and my kids. The random text on New Years from them was an apology - the first that wasn't coupled with defending themselves by pushing it onto me ... I don't know why I got it nor really what it actually meant ... I'm just not certain of the motivation for it ... but I still have not responded to it at all and think I will keep it that way.

So it seems I ramble as well and think I may have addressed some backstory and hope for my future story.

I understand how you feel about the younger years. I was the same way. Ate what I wanted never worked other then playing soccer and marching band and never gained a pound. Really did not set me up for how to deal with weight gain. I also never seemed to feel like I fit in much. I was picked on it elementary school. I was in speech and tutoring and that didn't help. I always,wanted to be in the popular group but wasn't cool enough for that. I did get my revenge in 7th grade when the girl that was the worst to me wanted to be friends because now in middle school she had none. I was always nice to her but we were not going to be friends.

So far this week I have done really good. I am down a pound. I did not work out the beginning of the week because I was still off and being lazy. Since being back at work I have gotten my workouts in. I even got up and went straight to the rec this morning, though it was 10:30 when I got up. I am still sitting at 750 calories for the day with going out to eat. Will grab something soon to eat.

I am very proud of myself for sticking to my plan this despite all the crappy stuff that has happened this week. My daughter is finally feeling a little bit better, Jeff's uncle has been moved to the rehab place where the doc thinks her will gain use of his leg back. Jeff's grandfather is still in rough shape but us at a nursing home now. My son is learning the hard way that not turning in your homework is not a good thing. He is driving me nuts. He is all over the place lately.

Next week might be another rough one for me as a mom. My son gets his cast off on Tuesday. Then we will know what we are looking at. I just really what to know we made the right choice to not do surgery.

Ok I am rambling now. I am bord watching football. It is so much better watching it on the red zone channel.

My check in for this week is 20%

Ok am caught up. Sorry to to the lady who lost her sis in law--I would be devastated if I lost either of mine. Snow here today in a town where it doesn't do that much. Was lucky to finally have a day off and not have to drive in snow or ice at 7 am in the morning...came down pretty hard today and got up and took over an hour walk--something I love to do when it so rarely snows here. Lost 3 (so 50%) pounds since NY's day but not sure how long that will last as I just lazed around today and had turkey dinner my husband made. He also made me fried eggs and I just automatically said yes to it as that is a rarity as well. Sigh..if the gym is open tomorrow I'll go...trying hard not to buy tickets from scalpers for the Seattle show because I know if I wait they'll go down. I figure if I can't secure tickets for that show for a decent price it'll be ok because A. I love Seattle and love just being there at Pike place and Seattle Center, B. it starts at 9pm--late for gramma lol. The other ones start at 8 and 7. Spent a little of my day crying over Bowie as it's his birthday tomorrow...found the video that comes out on his birthday already. Glad there was the snow to offset that. ttfn

Last edited:
Happy Saturday evening! Tomorrow is my last day off before returning to the daily grind. Cue floods of tears. I've really enjoyed my extended break even though I've done almost nothing.m. I think I'm going to have to set an alarm tonight and get up somewhere near my normal wake up time tomorrow so I'm not totally out of sync on Monday.

As of this morning, I am down a whopping four pounds for the year, which puts me at 80% of goal for the month!

:hug: - Thank you for sharing you have been very brave. Believe me at some stage most of us on here ended up sharing more than we maybe intended to - personally - after doing so I felt a little empowered at my breakthrough and received nothing but very generous supp ort and positivity from Dis friends. One of those moments was actually in response to a QOTD I posted when I was hosting a few months ago ... it was so funny that it wasn't until I went to actually answer the question myself ... I realised my subconscious must have written it for a reason. I understand somewhat about using the weight to be invisible - that has also played a role in my journey. I also understand the pain of being cheated on and deceived - it really can affect your self-worth for a very long time.

Thank you so much. Writing it all down and sending part of it out to the world was cathartic. Something I didn't even know I needed.

Ok first of, I just literally laughed out loud at the cheetos comment! I hear ya- I could blame my weight on my desk job or I could own it and say I love cookies :rotfl2:

Secondly, know you are not alone on the mother front. I've had mine staying at my house for a month now (Jesus take the wheel) and I'm about done explaining why I'm going to the gym or not drinking wine with her every night or why I don't want dessert. Many times it's easier to drink the wine because I'm just done and tired of having the same conversation!

This sentence spoke to me on a real level. As a super perfectionist, I am STRUGGLING to own my warts. Your story and this perspective right here are so inspiring!

Oh yes! It ain't paradise lol but I get what you mean.

Thanks! It is definitely easier to drink the wine but we both know it isn't the right answer. :)

6 days of getting my walk time in and was finally able to go the entire time without going how much longer. Now to get to the point where I am not breathing heavy when I finish.

Great job!

Hello all - I hope you are enjoying your start to the weekend :cool1:

We have had a very BIG first week of working on our healthy journeys! So lets go :offtopic: somewhat this weekend - I won't post a question lets just catch up as we get the chance to pop on here - it can be on topic or off topic with your chatter. Maybe let us know how you plan to chill out and relax this weekend as we all know we need balance in our lives.

Here is a quote I found from Carol Danvers AKA Captain Marvel - ignore the Monday on it ... I just liked it :-)

View attachment 213779

and this one is for all of us single ladies on here ... just couldn't resist it even though they are DC women ....

View attachment 213780

Love both the quotes!

my computer is still being weird - I was able to get on this afternoon but then tonight it is not cooperating again! It only seems to be with the DIS logon - everything else seems to be working ok :sad2:

I feel I am moving towards it still but am getting close - as I said before I made a lot of progress in 2016. Food I love it always have - and junky food the best - I was thin when younger and could eat it all but that set me up for bad habits later. I had a happy childhood mostly. I was also always pretty shy and found social situations difficult at times (still do). I don't want this to sound stuck up but when I was younger I kind of knew I was attractive (to a degree), I was thin and I knew how to rock an outfit that showed it off - I got a fair bit of attention from men walking down the street or in clubs. But on the inside I have always lacked confidence - I never felt like I really fit in somewhere - I kind of felt on the outside. I married early at 19 to a friend of my brothers (the one I don't talk to anymore) - it did not last for many reasons - some of which I am learning about now as I look deeper inside myself. Then I thought my next relationship was THE one that would last forever ... for the first time I felt like I fitted and was where I belonged ... when it ended in a very prolonged manner it really did me in mentally and I mean in quite a bad way .... my trip to DL in 2014 with my kids really saved me. Even though this relationship made me the happiest it also made me the most miserable at times due to my partners own mental health issues which really in the end were the cause of the breakdown. It has taken me 10 long years to realise that it probably wasn't always the healthiest relationship and that it wasn't a rejection of me so much as a rejection of what they could not cope with or be the person I needed them to be. I have really turned a corner where I can start to appreciate the happy times and look with more clarity at those that weren't - This relationship and its ultimate breakdown turned my life in a trajectory I just never imagined for myself - there have been good things to come of it - like me going to University with 3 young kids so that I could better take care of us all and learning that I am stronger most days than I ever imagined I could be. Food started to kick in for me as comfort during this time and I decided somewhere along the way the weight would help me hide from attention as i did not want to be hurt again therefore did not want romantic involvement - I lost faith in my judgement of others as clearly I messed up 2 times already - I focused on raising my kids. I am reaching a point where I am gaining better perspective as I heal and feel that I am ready to start to move forward and look forward to all possibilities in the future. I know I have been shaped by all of these experiences and just need to make sure I learn from my mistakes and make choices that protect me and my kids. The random text on New Years from them was an apology - the first that wasn't coupled with defending themselves by pushing it onto me ... I don't know why I got it nor really what it actually meant ... I'm just not certain of the motivation for it ... but I still have not responded to it at all and think I will keep it that way.

So it seems I ramble as well and think I may have addressed some backstory and hope for my future story.

You sound like a person whose firmly taken control of your life. And you're amazing. And an excellent role model for those kids. :)

@MinnieLovesTigger you can delete it later if you want. Nothing that you wrote speaks bad for you, other than you are forgiving and sensitive woman that really have decided to be real about it and find a way to move forward

You got this! You will do great!

Thank you!

We had an amazing run this morning. So many runners decided to do it too and so many people came out to cheer us on. People were even handing out water and doughnuts!! And there was even a character stopView attachment 213793

Great job!!! I think this will be one half marathon that you will always remember!

Stay safe! 24 degrees and icy is not the time to be out and about, particularly without the proper clothes. There was someone out running on my street tonight when we were walking the dog and I just didn't get it. The snow hasn't yet melted so it isn't really icy but it was dark, only about 15 degrees, and the wind chill is down to 3 degrees. I admire his commitment but it just seemed like a night to find an indoor alternative.

Good job so far this month. I hope the hangover doesn't last terribly long. Stay hydrated :)

Ouch! Hope the ear feels better.

So far this week I have done really good. I am down a pound. I did not work out the beginning of the week because I was still off and being lazy. Since being back at work I have gotten my workouts in. I even got up and went straight to the rec this morning, though it was 10:30 when I got up. I am still sitting at 750 calories for the day with going out to eat. Will grab something soon to eat.

I am very proud of myself for sticking to my plan this despite all the crappy stuff that has happened this week. My daughter is finally feeling a little bit better, Jeff's uncle has been moved to the rehab place where the doc thinks her will gain use of his leg back. Jeff's grandfather is still in rough shape but us at a nursing home now. My son is learning the hard way that not turning in your homework is not a good thing. He is driving me nuts. He is all over the place lately.

Next week might be another rough one for me as a mom. My son gets his cast off on Tuesday. Then we will know what we are looking at. I just really what to know we made the right choice to not do surgery.

Ok I am rambling now. I am bord watching football. It is so much better watching it on the red zone channel.

My check in for this week is 20%

Great job!

Hey! I'm checking in.

This week, so far: Well... there have been ups and downs lol. For the most part things have been positive, but there have been a few times where I wanted to get into a fetal position in a corner somewhere and slowly rocking back and forth.

Everyday I have been prepping meals! Which is a great thing. I don't have enough fridge space to prep for an entire week, so I have to prep for just two, three days at a time. My boyfriend is in this with me, and we work at the same place, so I premake our meals and then put the rest in the fridge for another meal!

So far, it's been pretty consistent:
IMG_1492.JPG

I have been having the same breakfast every day, and I'm honestly not tired of it! It's a cinnamon bagel with a few teaspoons of peanut butter and banana slices! Sometimes I have some OJ with it, but I try not to since that stuff is loaded with sugar.

Lunch is normally salad and some type of lean cuisine. So far I like the lean cuisines, mostly because we can buy them, throw them in our lunch bags and be done with it. (I'm actually curious to know what the emerald opinion on lean cuisine is...
I have read mostly positive reviews online but a few that said they are the devil) One of my main goals this week, actually for this whole month, is PORTION CONTROL. I can't say it enough. My boyfriend wanted egg rolls this week, so we got some and limited ourselves to two. So we had that for lunch one day!

IMG_1493.JPG

I also pack carrots and cheese sticks as little inbetween snacks.

For dinner we have had whole wheat pasta with turkey, chicken pesto with tomatoes and green beans, and normally we pair it with a salad.
IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG
I have also drank nothing but water. Tonight I got a little crazy and put a lime in mine ;) It's so crazy. I can't believe I have gone five days without soda. It's either a complete miracle or I'm in the twilight zone...

My struggles: My attitude lol. Not about my change, but the effect it is having on me! I have gotten hangry quite a few times... my body is craving salt and sugar, and only the kind Doritos, Dr. Pepper, and Mc'Donalds can provide. The first day wasn't so bad, but since day three I have had major headaches, mood swings, and just haven't been a very nice person to be around lol. But it really shows me how addicted my body is to bad foods. Apparently I'm bad off! Is this what being addicted to meth is like? Good grief.

Another struggle is wondering how to time my eating. I work a later shift type job and because of that, I stay up later and sleep later. I wake up at 1 pm. It's so hard to get all my meals in. I feel like I rush through breakfast. Any tips on how to get on a better, consistent schedule? I'm just not sure what times to eat that would best suit me... Should I just move to two meals a day and have a big dinner? Is there a certain cut-off time where I shouldn't eat?

Overall, I'm taking things slow. I'm trying not to make too many big changes at once so I'm not overwhelmed. Right now I'm just focused on staying away from soda, junk food, and greasy fast food while upping my intake on water, vegetables and protein :)

I just wanted to say, I haven't been around long but already this group has helped me so much! I work at a convenience store and any time I get tempted to cheat (outside of work too) I just point to whatever junk and say, "VILLIAN". People might think Im crazy but hey, it's working! Lol. I hope next month is just as fun.

I'll be off Monday and Tuesday so I will come back and chat with y'all then! I hope everyone else is fighting their villains too. It's not easy, guys!! There's a ton of them out there and we gotta keep this city clean!!

Hangovers are the woooorrssst. Even more so because your body craves a bacon cheeseburger and five billion other greasy things.

Sounds like a nasty one though! I don't blame you for caving. Maybe the next time you drink try one of those hangover pills? I saw some at Spec's a week ago. Not sure if they actually work or not but at five bucks, it might be worth the risk.

I read that meals with at least 15 g of fat, at least 300 g of veggies (more is better) or half plate, 30 g of protein (go up to 4) and quarter plate of carb as wholegrain rice/pasta or potatoes that is eaten slowly, at least 20 minutes will hit the satiety best. It's a lot of detail when you look at it but half plate of veggies, quarter protein, quarter carb should let you worry about the fat grams only. If everything is lean, dressing on the salad, some nuts or cheese can help with that

In therms of better hangover choices. I am old haha. Well I hope you don't have to have them that often? Booze calories add up and alcohol is sure kill of even the strongest will power, same night and next day during hangover phase. But it happens, and when it does - I like a big green smoothie with coconut milk, spinach, banana, Greek yogurt, honey. It hits proteins, fat, carbs and it's very refreshing. Take it easy, drink a lot of liquid and try not to have too many hangovers as they truly suck.

Just got my 10 minutes in and now am waiting for 9 year old's Mickey Waffle maker to heat up so I can cook up the rest of the batter I made for in the morning. I did enough for our breakfast at dinner which was Mickey Waffle's with a little butter and pure maple syrup ( we are just about out thanks to 9 year old spilling a lot of it when she didn't ask for help-guess what is on the list to buy on Friday, we use organic that does not have corn syrup and since it is a good quality you only need a little bit), fried eggs ( I use canola oil spray just to keep them from sticking in the pan) over easy, and deer steak. I finally got my ear where it didn't hurt to just sip water from my jaw feeling locked.
I know for me that I can not do well on a diet that drastically restricts certain food well except for tomatoes and tomato products because I like to breathe. I need something that I can use in any situation but am working on modification of how much I eat instead of having 5-6 Mickey Waffles (I think it's the one sold at toys r us) I will have only 1 or 2. Instead of half a cheesecake only a slice.
I hope that my DH had a happy birthday yesterday I feel bad that I forgot to take the deer prime ( that is how FIL suggested it be labeled but it is off the bone so it cooks a lot different than a true prime) so it wasn't thawed, I didn't have the energy to make any sort of dessert not even a simple cookie ( 11 year old was about 3 hours away at Junior Bible Quiz. They placed as a team and from the ribbons it looks like they took 3rd and my friend who is their coach said she did well in the team event but was tired and grumpy so refused to do the Individual Quiz Master event for the afternoon. They do team break for lunch and then individual followed by awards and then drive home. She came straight in the house and crashed on her bed), and we don't have any money to get him a gift. I am going to try and just take cake and ice cream over to the in laws next weekend if that works for them and have my folks just stop by and join us.

I've got several chunks of backstory that I know I'm going to have to deal with to fully succeed in my future story because I know that they are drivers of my emotional eating.

The first is easy - my mother drives me bonkers for many reasons. It took many years but I've finally learned to ignore much of the smothering and just live my own life for me. She can still occasionally lay on guilt trips that send me straight to the cookie jar. She is also extraordinarily fond of talking about "heavy" family members and how she wishes they would take better care of themselves. For the record, my mom was never thin until medications caused her to lose fifty pounds a few years ago and she still essentially lives on Diet Pepsi and nachos. I am excused from these comments because I "would have stayed thin but for your poor thyroid." I do have thyroid problems but I am overweight because I love cheetos. I can usually deflect her but it is tiring. I don't like explaining why I am choosing a salad over French fries. And I know that even a ten pound loss on me will elicit far more comments than I wish to deal with.

The second is that my DH had an affair almost ten years ago. I'm loathe to talk about this because I was always a person that infidelity is a deal breaker. Yet here I am. We separated for a year and went through a lot putting us back together. And we are actually a lot better now than before. But I am insecure in weird sorts of ways and my weight is one of them. I wasn't thin when he cheated and I'm not thin now but I know that I mentally hold on to my weight in some part because it will provide me with an excuse if we fall apart in the end. If I lose the weight and he strays, it's me, not my waistline. The sad part of this is that I really have regained trust in him. I'm not actually at all worried about him cheating. It is all about me and the serious dislike I can get going for myself.

The third is another weight shield. I mostly blame my weight gain on poor eating habits and the transition from student to sedentary working life. I don't think I've ever said this out loud and I'm not sure why I'm doing it now other than that I really am serious about being ready to change my life. I had a very serious college boyfriend that I broke up with my first year of law school, after which he started stalking me. This went on for many years and I became quite reclusive. I think I started eating to fill the holes caused by fear and stress and loneliness. I also had at least some awareness that I got a lot less attention from the world as my size went up. Invisibility suited me. In many ways, it still does. I never really thought about this history in terms of my failures to even start a healthy living program until about a year ago when, after a decade of silence, he messaged me on Facebook and I almost immediately bought and ate an entire tube of cookie dough. It's been dealt with but it did cause me to rebuild a lot of walls that I spent years tearing down. I suppose this is all a very long and far too personal way of saying that I'm really afraid that people will see me if I lose weight.

----

I've now been staring at what I've typed above for a good thirty minutes. Every fiber of my being says I should delete it. But I want to live in the light and that requires owning my truths, warts and all. I suppose that means I should just hit post reply and be done with it.

I see you. :)

I think it takes a lot to admit all that. To me, you don't owe anyone any type of explanation... including your mom. In that regard, I sometimes feel like there is this select group of people who lose weight and are hard on others who haven't. That, and they forget how challenging the journey is. It's not easy. It's really freaking hard. Shame on someone who so easily dismisses that. Maybe she will eventually see how important this is to you and her attitude will change. I really do wish this.

Ugh why can men be so awful and have such an effect on us?! Some of those over dramatic Lifetime movies really do have a point.... on a serious note, your DH exhibited some bad behavior. I think we all deserve a prince (but after all, are we not Disney fans?) and none of his behavior seems very prince-like to me... you deserve commitment, honesty and understanding. I am glad to hear you are both in a better place now and I hope you are both healing. I think it's okay to portion out some of the blame to people who have hurt you emotionally. It's not a crutch or making excuses; other people's behavior can effect your behavior. It's as simple as that. But I think you're doing an amazing job of portioning out responsibility and including your own in on that.

Sending you so many hugs and good thoughts :)

Just got my 10 minutes in and now am waiting for 9 year old's Mickey Waffle maker to heat up so I can cook up the rest of the batter I made for in the morning. I did enough for our breakfast at dinner which was Mickey Waffle's with a little butter and pure maple syrup ( we are just about out thanks to 9 year old spilling a lot of it when she didn't ask for help-guess what is on the list to buy on Friday, we use organic that does not have corn syrup and since it is a good quality you only need a little bit), fried eggs ( I use canola oil spray just to keep them from sticking in the pan) over easy, and deer steak. I finally got my ear where it didn't hurt to just sip water from my jaw feeling locked.
I know for me that I can not do well on a diet that drastically restricts certain food well except for tomatoes and tomato products because I like to breathe. I need something that I can use in any situation but am working on modification of how much I eat instead of having 5-6 Mickey Waffles (I think it's the one sold at toys r us) I will have only 1 or 2. Instead of half a cheesecake only a slice.
I hope that my DH had a happy birthday yesterday I feel bad that I forgot to take the deer prime ( that is how FIL suggested it be labeled but it is off the bone so it cooks a lot different than a true prime) so it wasn't thawed, I didn't have the energy to make any sort of dessert not even a simple cookie ( 11 year old was about 3 hours away at Junior Bible Quiz. They placed as a team and from the ribbons it looks like they took 3rd and my friend who is their coach said she did well in the team event but was tired and grumpy so refused to do the Individual Quiz Master event for the afternoon. They do team break for lunch and then individual followed by awards and then drive home. She came straight in the house and crashed on her bed), and we don't have any money to get him a gift. I am going to try and just take cake and ice cream over to the in laws next weekend if that works for them and have my folks just stop by and join us.

Yessss! Baby steps with the waffles lol. Just having one or two is a lot better than six or seven. Right now, I could easily put away ten :P

How do you like the waffle maker btw? I saw one at Walmart with all of the Disney Princesses on it and I wanted it so bad but for just ten bucks I was worried it wouldn't be a good investment.

I haven't had good luck with Disney cookware so far. My singing Cinderella toaster still sings but the lever won't lower the toast anymore :( and the inside of my Dis Crockpot broke. Whhyyyyyy

Yessss! Baby steps with the waffles lol. Just having one or two is a lot better than six or seven. Right now, I could easily put away ten :P

How do you like the waffle maker btw? I saw one at Walmart with all of the Disney Princesses on it and I wanted it so bad but for just ten bucks I was worried it wouldn't be a good investment.

I haven't had good luck with Disney cookware so far. My singing Cinderella toaster still sings but the lever won't lower the toast anymore :( and the inside of my Dis Crockpot broke. Whhyyyyyy

So far it is working out well. https://www.amazon.com/Disney-DCM-9...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2J3W5MB0W3J8KPRFVCG5 this is the one she got. Of course being special needs she is too old to cook them though she does like to help mix the batter with her little wisk from this set that we got her https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WIYFTAW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It doesn't even stick when I accidentally over fill it and it goes on the outer plate. The biggest problem I have is sometimes a little girl can get demanding and doesn't understand that I have other things planned for meals like this morning I was trying to get some rhodes cinnamon rolls to rise ( they never did but DH said they tasted ok and 9 year old ate them so they must have passed her approval. I didn't have any and I tossed the rest of the bag ( they had been in the freezer too long because I never would remember to take them out 3-5 hours before I wanted to cook them for a nice extra special breakfast, so I am sticking with either the ones in the can or the anytime just turn the oven on don't even preheat and pop them in set the timer and they cook ones. I honestly think I got these because they were out of the others.

Hey! I'm checking in.

This week, so far: Well... there have been ups and downs lol. For the most part things have been positive, but there have been a few times where I wanted to get into a fetal position in a corner somewhere and slowly rocking back and forth.

Everyday I have been prepping meals! Which is a great thing. I don't have enough fridge space to prep for an entire week, so I have to prep for just two, three days at a time. My boyfriend is in this with me, and we work at the same place, so I premake our meals and then put the rest in the fridge for another meal!

So far, it's been pretty consistent:
View attachment 213961

I have been having the same breakfast every day, and I'm honestly not tired of it! It's a cinnamon bagel with a few teaspoons of peanut butter and banana slices! Sometimes I have some OJ with it, but I try not to since that stuff is loaded with sugar.

Lunch is normally salad and some type of lean cuisine. So far I like the lean cuisines, mostly because we can buy them, throw them in our lunch bags and be done with it. (I'm actually curious to know what the emerald opinion on lean cuisine is...
I have read mostly positive reviews online but a few that said they are the devil) One of my main goals this week, actually for this whole month, is PORTION CONTROL. I can't say it enough. My boyfriend wanted egg rolls this week, so we got some and limited ourselves to two. So we had that for lunch one day!

View attachment 213963

I also pack carrots and cheese sticks as little inbetween snacks.

For dinner we have had whole wheat pasta with turkey, chicken pesto with tomatoes and green beans, and normally we pair it with a salad.
View attachment 213964

View attachment 213962
I have also drank nothing but water. Tonight I got a little crazy and put a lime in mine ;) It's so crazy. I can't believe I have gone five days without soda. It's either a complete miracle or I'm in the twilight zone...

My struggles: My attitude lol. Not about my change, but the effect it is having on me! I have gotten hangry quite a few times... my body is craving salt and sugar, and only the kind Doritos, Dr. Pepper, and Mc'Donalds can provide. The first day wasn't so bad, but since day three I have had major headaches, mood swings, and just haven't been a very nice person to be around lol. But it really shows me how addicted my body is to bad foods. Apparently I'm bad off! Is this what being addicted to meth is like? Good grief.

Another struggle is wondering how to time my eating. I work a later shift type job and because of that, I stay up later and sleep later. I wake up at 1 pm. It's so hard to get all my meals in. I feel like I rush through breakfast. Any tips on how to get on a better, consistent schedule? I'm just not sure what times to eat that would best suit me... Should I just move to two meals a day and have a big dinner? Is there a certain cut-off time where I shouldn't eat?

Overall, I'm taking things slow. I'm trying not to make too many big changes at once so I'm not overwhelmed. Right now I'm just focused on staying away from soda, junk food, and greasy fast food while upping my intake on water, vegetables and protein :)

I just wanted to say, I haven't been around long but already this group has helped me so much! I work at a convenience store and any time I get tempted to cheat (outside of work too) I just point to whatever junk and say, "VILLIAN". People might think Im crazy but hey, it's working! Lol. I hope next month is just as fun.

I'll be off Monday and Tuesday so I will come back and chat with y'all then! I hope everyone else is fighting their villains too. It's not easy, guys!! There's a ton of them out there and we gotta keep this city clean!!

You are doing fantastic, well done. Food looks good too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter