• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Edit: Considering how all of this is being handled and how close we are to the date being cancelled (close in Disney planning world) I really think in addition to a refund they should offer us a small something like a $20 gift card or a discount on a one day park ticket or something.

It's been my experience that quite often if something happens you feel you should be compensated for, you have to ask. So when you do get to talk to someone tell them what it is they can do that would at least ease the pain a little. I've had them ask me before, "what is it we can do for you" and I tell them. It's not often I have such an issue, but they aren't perfect by any stretch.

A few people have been called, but only one person has been told about the possibility of May 6 being added. I'm not accusing that poster of lying, but I'm concerned the information may not have been accurate. I'd feel a lot better about it if anyone else had also been told about May 6.

Exactly. I'm not going to get excited until I see some additional reports that this is actually true. I do appreciate the heads up about it though. At least I can be on the lookout just in case, but I wouldn't take it as fact for sure.

Exactly. I'm not going to get excited until I see some additional reports that this is actually true. I do appreciate the heads up about it though. At least I can be on the lookout just in case, but I wouldn't take it as fact for sure.

My first question when they call me back will be about a possible new date that week.

To note it, last night they did finally remove the May 7th date from the ticketing site. It now is not listed on the list of dates -- and no longer shows up as an option on the calendar itself when you go to pick your date.

A few people have been called, but only one person has been told about the possibility of May 6 being added. I'm not accusing that poster of lying, but I'm concerned the information may not have been accurate. I'd feel a lot better about it if anyone else had also been told about May 6.
That was me! Better news! On the phone call yesterday they told me that since it was canceled and rescheduled for Monday (May 6th) they would see if they could help me move my FP and Dining Reservations around on that Monday. I called them this morning and they just called me back. They confirmed AK DAH will be on Monday and they loaded the wrong date (May 7) into the system. There is already an event planned there that evening they said. They said to give them a week to load it into the system and they'll reach out to me to book the new date and make sure it gets linked to my MDE account. Long story short they also helped me move FP on that Monday from EP to MK.

That was me! Better news! On the phone call yesterday they told me that since it was canceled and rescheduled for Monday (May 6th) they would see if they could help me move my FP and Dining Reservations around on that Monday. I called them this morning and they just called me back. They confirmed AK DAH will be on Monday and they loaded the wrong date (May 7) into the system. There is already an event planned there that evening they said. They said to give them a week to load it into the system and they'll reach out to me to book the new date and make sure it gets linked to my MDE account. Long story short they also helped me move FP on that Monday from EP to MK.

Thank you for the update. I’m surprised it takes that long to load the date, but it sure sounds like a definite. I’ll be keeping an eye on it. I’m sorry for the problem this causes for others but excited that I might get to do this!

AMAZING NEWS! I just got in touch with one of the people in charge of this whole mess and he said not only would we be refunded for the May 7th date but they would also be issueing complimentary tickets to the May 6th event (if you can go obviously). He said once they get the event sorted and added to the calendar I wouldn’t need to buy the tickets and they would be emailing/calling people about the refunds and new tickets. Wow I’ve completely changed my mind-I’m very impressed.

AMAZING NEWS! I just got in touch with one of the people in charge of this whole mess and he said not only would we be refunded for the May 7th date but they would also be issueing complimentary tickets to the May 6th event (if you can go obviously). He said once they get the event sorted and added to the calendar I wouldn’t need to buy the tickets and they would be emailing/calling people about the refunds and new tickets. Wow I’ve completely changed my mind-I’m very impressed.

I’m so glad for those who can take advantage of this! This is why we do Disney. They aren’t perfect, but they try to make things right when they screw up.

We got the call too, Refund and Free tickets for May 6th!!! We are making it happen just had to change a dinner reservation for earlier, and she took care of that while we were on the phone. She said they will be in contact with me next week with details. :bounce::Pinkbounc:jumping3: Love Disney :D

I’m a natural worrier so when people with May 7th tickets start getting refunds/the new tickets please post if you can. :)

It's really bad show on their part to offer a date and then cancel it so quickly. It tells me that, yet again, the different parts of operations weren't communicating well. I feel bad for the people who DID make changes to their schedules already to make this event work. Sigh.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pissed. We moved a private dining event just to accommodate these tickets. Grrrrr.

It's situations like the above, that reassure us Disney people, that Disney does care about keeping the guests happy. They did not have to go that far, but they did. pixiedust:

Well I don’t think they care about our happiness as much as they don’t want bad press because it might cut into their earnings. They have employees who know exactly what Disney needs to do to make bad press go away.

I love Disney but know to them it’s all about their bottom line. That’s why I wrote earlier that if you call them about this problem they would make it right. That’s why I thought if the prior poster had this problem and really wanted to ride FoP she certainly should ask for that and look what their giving out to those ticket holders that can change their date -certainly more than a FoP fastpass.

Well I don’t think they care about our happiness as much as they don’t want bad press because it might cut into their earnings. They have employees who know exactly what Disney needs to do to make bad press go away.

I love Disney but know to them it’s all about their bottom line. That’s why I wrote earlier that if you call them about this problem they would make it right. That’s why I thought if the prior poster had this problem and really wanted to ride FoP she certainly should ask for that and look what their giving out to those ticket holders that can change their date -certainly more than a FoP fastpass.

Isn’t that what any good business does, provide excellent customer service in order to maintain their reputation? Disney does it better than anyone and it’s why we return year after year.

In this case no one even had to ask. They offered it up front which surprised even me.

I also want to say I asked about switching to an alternate date (May 6th) but they told me the tickets would be free-I didn’t have to ask for free tix. When I called my dad he joked how Bob Iger would be mad they were giving away free tickets lol .

I also wanted to say the Disney rep told me that there was another conflicting event May 7th which is why it needs to be May 6th. Anyone know what the conflicting event is?

Given your extraordinary circumstances I would definitely contact someone in the executive offices, not customer service, regarding this issue. They will be able to verify thru your MDE that you purchased the AK event tickets for the cancelled date and that you were not able to get an FOP fast pass. I would politely DEMAND they make you whole not only with a refund but also FP for FOP on your AK day.

Chief Executive
George Kalogridis
CEO
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com
Thank you so much for the contact info! I won’t complain, it’s not my thing. But, it does give me a place to contact should my refund not be processed in a timely manner. As of today, I still have not received anything from Disney confirming the cancellation of the After Hours event. I have the confirmation email
Given your extraordinary circumstances I would definitely contact someone in the executive offices, not customer service, regarding this issue. They will be able to verify thru your MDE that you purchased the AK event tickets for the cancelled date and that you were not able to get an FOP fast pass. I would politely DEMAND they make you whole not only with a refund but also FP for FOP on your AK day.

Chief Executive
George Kalogridis
CEO
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com
Thank you so much for the contact info. I still have not been contacted by Disney about the cancellation. Hoping they will refund in the full amount, at least.

I also want to say I asked about switching to an alternate date (May 6th) but they told me the tickets would be free-I didn’t have to ask for free tix. When I called my dad he joked how Bob Iger would be mad they were giving away free tickets lol .

I also wanted to say the Disney rep told me that there was another conflicting event May 7th which is why it needs to be May 6th. Anyone know what the conflicting event is?

A few have guessed there's a private event taking place that night. There's certainly nothing on the publicly-available schedule, so it must be something private or Disney-related (like a staff event).

Wow! Thank you for sharing! I wonder if they will do this for everyone, or if it is just because you called. I have not received any notification from Disney regarding the cancellation.

We got the call too, Refund and Free tickets for May 6th!!! We are making it happen just had to change a dinner reservation for earlier, and she took care of that while we were on the phone. She said they will be in contact with me next week with details. :bounce::Pinkbounc:jumping3: Love Disney :D
Did you call first and ask for someone to follow up, or did they just call you “out of the blue?” I have not received any notification that the date was even cancelled?

I was just called on my way home from work, telling me about the issue for May the 7th. I was already scheduled to be at AK that evening with my FP, now I get from DAH at Am.

It’s win for the most part, the next morning we have MM at MK.
I wonder if they can help me move that now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter