**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Did you call first and ask for someone to follow up, or did they just call you “out of the blue?” I have not received any notification that the date was even cancelled?

They called me and left a message I called right back and was told what the change was along with the fact that we get the refund and free tickets to Monday. Maybe call (407) 939-2744

Anyone else who hadn’t purchased for the 7th constantly checking dates? I’m so excited to get to do this! The timing is perfect as I already had the AK for our evening park and planned on getting in line for FOP at close just to be able to see Pandora at night. I’m going to have to cancel our MM at the MK the next day- no way we can do a DAH, then hit the parks for a MM the next day. We have a DAH for the MK earlier in our trip, didn’t really need the MM.

They called me and left a message I called right back and was told what the change was along with the fact that we get the refund and free tickets to Monday. Maybe call (407) 939-2744
Thank you! I’m on the fence on whether to call or leave it be. I think I will just give them the time to work it out and contact me, if needed.

I got the call today! :flower1: They confirmed the date has been moved to May 6, apologized for the inconvenience, and gave us free tickets to the May 6th event. This is our first trip to Disney, and I am so pleased with the way this incident was handled. I have heard about Disney customer service, and this is proof that what I have read and heard is 100% true. Disney really does get customer service right.

I got the call today! :flower1: They confirmed the date has been moved to May 6, apologized for the inconvenience, and gave us free tickets to the May 6th event. This is our first trip to Disney, and I am so pleased with the way this incident was handled. I have heard about Disney customer service, and this is proof that what I have read and heard is 100% true. Disney really does get customer service right.

Yay! I love good stories about WDW customer service. Did they actually assign you tickets or will they do that next week as others have said?

Yay! I love good stories about WDW customer service. Did they actually assign you tickets or will they do that next week as others have said?
They said the tickets would show up in my account sometime next week, and the refund should be processed in 7-10 days. It really is great customer service that they went above and beyond to give us tickets for FREE. I’m blown away. All they really had to do was refund us.

They said the tickets would show up in my account sometime next week, and the refund should be processed in 7-10 days. It really is great customer service that they went above and beyond to give us tickets for FREE. I’m blown away. All they really had to do was refund us.

Thanks for the details. I'm so glad this is working out for you. I'm just anxious for it to show up so I can book it. I was really disappointed when the dates didn't work for us, but the 6th is perfect!

Thanks for the details. I'm so glad this is working out for you. I'm just anxious for it to show up so I can book it. I was really disappointed when the dates didn't work for us, but the 6th is perfect!
I’m sure they will open the date as soon as they take care of all the tickets they had to move. It wasn’t a sold out event, so hopefully you will know something by next week. Keep stalking the boards...you’ll probably see it here first! Lol

For those who have done the DAH AK in the past, what is the best use of time for the hour and a half before park closes and the start of the DAH event? We can enter at 7 pm, and the park closes at 8:30. Any ideas? We have never been to AK!

For those who have done the DAH AK in the past, what is the best use of time for the hour and a half before park closes and the start of the DAH event? We can enter at 7 pm, and the park closes at 8:30. Any ideas? We have never been to AK!

I’d suggest riding Safari and walking the Gorilla Falls trail and the trail in Asia, if they’re still open. And/or catch a performance of Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo, if their schedule permits. To me those five attractions are the most unique to AK of the ones not open during DAH.

I. Heck
I’d suggest riding Safari and walking the Gorilla Falls trail and the trail in Asia, if they’re still open. And/or catch a performance of Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo, if their schedule permits. To me those five attractions are the most unique to AK of the ones not open during DAH.
Thank you! I checked the current showtimes, and it looks like Nemo and LK will not be available. However, we may be able to sneak in a safari or another ride.

I’d try and schedule 1 FP, but if you’ve never been before, spend some time just looking around. Once the event starts you’ll be busy hitting the rides. AK is amazing if you didn’t do any rides at all.

If you don’t have dinner plans, Santuli is arguably the best qs in all of Disney. It’s where we’re eating before the party starts.

I didn’t think we were going to get to do this, had AK for our evening park so I have 3 FPS lined up including FOP. I figure having that will free us up to ride lots of other things. Can’t wait to book this!

I’d try and schedule 1 FP, but if you’ve never been before, spend some time just looking around. Once the event starts you’ll be busy hitting the rides. AK is amazing if you didn’t do any rides at all.

If you don’t have dinner plans, Santuli is arguably the best qs in all of Disney. It’s where we’re eating before the party starts.

I didn’t think we were going to get to do this, had AK for our evening park so I have 3 FPS lined up including FOP. I figure having that will free us up to ride lots of other things. Can’t wait to book this!
I like the idea of trying Santuli. The menu looks great, especially the bowls, and I’m a sucker for a great themed drink. My DD is so excited to see Pandora after dark, so spending some time just taking in the sights and sounds also sounds like it would suit us. So maybe dinner and a little exploration before we make the mad dash for FOP! I was not able to secure FP for FOP, so this will be our only opportunity to ride minus the 2 hour stand-by wait. We are going to use FP on another day to see Festival of the Lion King, which is really the only non-DAH ride/show the kids really want to see/do.

I like the idea of trying Santuli. The menu looks great, especially the bowls, and I’m a sucker for a great themed drink. My DD is so excited to see Pandora after dark, so spending some time just taking in the sights and sounds also sounds like it would suit us. So maybe dinner and a little exploration before we make the mad dash for FOP! I was not able to secure FP for FOP, so this will be our only opportunity to ride minus the 2 hour stand-by wait. We are going to use FP on another day to see Festival of the Lion King, which is really the only non-DAH ride/show the kids really want to see/do.

FOLK is my favorite show. That’s one of my 3 FPS along with Expedition Everest- which I hate but my grandson loves it, so I’ll just close my eyes, wait for it to be over, then tell him what a great ride it is. lol

Last edited:
Impatiently waiting for them to load the 6th up. Has anyone been notified that they've actually been assigned tickets yet? 23 days out, would sure be nice to stop stalking the website and finalize my plans!

Impatiently waiting for them to load the 6th up. Has anyone been notified that they've actually been assigned tickets yet? 23 days out, would sure be nice to stop stalking the website and finalize my plans!
You and me both! I have a split stay starting on May 4 and just changed things up to do the first 2 nights at GF and the next two at AKL Kidani. I had initially planned on an AK day for May 5, but it would make more sense to do Epcot that day and then AK DAH the next night. But I don’t want to cancel my May 5th FOP fp until I have DAH safely booked. So come on and load! Lol

I’m still waiting for my refund and free May 6th tickets. I haven’t heard from Disney yet about either. I’m worried they’ll put the May 6th tickets on sale before they give all us May 7th people our tix and then it will sell out.

I actually got an email asking me to call them about my reservation for May 7th. I figured that something was up because the 7th was no longer on the calendar. Well, I called them and that's when they told me that the date of the 7th was wrong. Before I could even ask anything, I was told that they were going to refund the money that I paid and give me tickets for free for the 6th.

I was honestly very surprised. I was very surprised honestly. I was prepared to pay for it again, but it's nice that Disney is doing this for us. This is one of the reasons that I love Disney so much.

I’m still waiting for my refund and free May 6th tickets. I haven’t heard from Disney yet about either. I’m worried they’ll put the May 6th tickets on sale before they give all us May 7th people our tix and then it will sell out.

I don’t think that’s a worry at all. Getting people moved over to the 6th is probably what’s slowing down the date being posted. These things don’t sell out quickly, often not at all.

They cancelled a few MK EMM dates last fall - a much smaller guest count than the count that I’m assuming had likely already purchased 5/7 - and from reports it took weeks for guest relations to cycle through contacting people. I can imagine it takes awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter