**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I went ahead and booked it for Dec. 18th. The 8:30 start time makes me hopeful that the park will still close at 8:00 and clear some of the crowd. We have 2 days at AK so I don't really 'need' to do it, but my daughter and I couldn't resist the temptation of riding Everest over and over again and maybe a ride or two in Pandora. I gave up my rides for that in March and July so I could ride Navi with the grand while the older kids rode. Hopefully, it will be worth it. However, it is a long hike between Asia and Pandora so we'll see how tiring it is.

How will that help clear the FOP line? Day guests will be there until the park closes (8:30, right?) and can get in line right to the end.
I know for the MK after hour event with 7DMT they would let the people the event ticket in the FP line when there was a line from day guest, I waited maybe 30 minutes to go on 7DMT and did other things that were closeby, my gues is that they will do the samething for FOP where they will let the people for the event in the FPline for the first few minutes of the event if there is a line from day guest.

Well, according to Disney...
  • Na’vi River Journey
  • Pandora Drummers – Swotu Wayä
  • Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
  • DINOSAUR
  • Rivers of Light
  • Tree of Life Awakenings
  • It’s Tough to be a Bug!
  • TriceraTop Spin
  • And more!
You mean you don’t want to plunk down $125 for “And More!”?? :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

My observations:

While I’m glad this likely means the Tree of Life Awakenings will be running during DAH, that’s hardly an ‘attraction’ and something people can easily do all the time.

With RoL, I assume they are ‘cheating’ and including the normal nightime times in this, and not a special showing during DAH? I assume it’s the former.

Notable (unless they will be included in the “And More!” part)..... no Safari, no Kali, no Primeval Whirl.

yes, I agree that it doesn't look 'worth it' as it stands now. However, I missed MK DAH on my dates the last 2 trips and I am curious to see how they go, perhaps even more the 'dark horse' of the AK. Of course, if I could see DHS DAH I would be there with bells on! I am sad that the only DAH not during our dates is the one that I would like to see the most. So, I am compensating by seeing both of the ones available! :P

Without the Safari open, I'm curious whether they'll have Africa blocked off and inaccessible during the event since there won't be anything going on there (which also wouldn't surprise me as the paths from Pandora to Africa, and then Africa to Asia, are pretty dark and secluded anyway). Which is a shame - since a nighttime DAH party in Harambe would be a plus. The fact that they'll have the Pandora drummers out, however, tells you all you need to know about where the crowds are expected.

Booked 3/20 for our March trip :D
AK is DD's favorite park and FOP her favorite ride. We always go early and are really looking forward to experiencing the park at night.

The only day I can do this is a day when I already have EMM scheduled at DHS. So that'd make for a really long day! I would also have DAH at MK the very next day. That said, I think we're going to book it. I laugh in the face of sleeplessness!

We have DHS EMM booked on the same day as MK DAH. We’re planning on taking an afternoon rest/nap and then heading vet to MK around 6:00 pm. I’d be tempted to do DHS or AK DAH, but they aren’t offered during our dates.

I'm trying hard to talk myself out of this (ok, not THAT hard), but it just makes too much sense for my April trip. We have a short(ish) onsite stay of 5 nights, so odds of getting both FOP and SDD FOP are slim. If we do DAH at AK on 4/3, it frees up our last day for DHS and hopefully I can snag SDD at 60+4. However, I do want to see some reports from the December DAH events before I book. If FOP isn't close to walk on, it won't be worth it for us. Hoping it doesn't sell out in the meantime!

Without the Safari open, I'm curious whether they'll have Africa blocked off and inaccessible during the event since there won't be anything going on there (which also wouldn't surprise me as the paths from Pandora to Africa, and then Africa to Asia, are pretty dark and secluded anyway). Which is a shame - since a nighttime DAH party in Harambe would be a plus. The fact that they'll have the Pandora drummers out, however, tells you all you need to know about where the crowds are expected.

If Dawa Bar is closed during DAH, I'm out.

8-)

If Dawa Bar is closed during DAH, I'm out.
If Dawa Bar is open, I’m in. :laughing: I’ve had more Old Elephant Foot and Victory Golden Monkey from there than I care to admit (what can I say? It’s a perfect mid-point oasis on the long trek between FoP and Everest).

Seriously considering AK DAH as it’s my favorite nighttime park (and EE is my favorite nighttime ride) - but have to say the Tuesday/Wednesday calendar for these isn’t ideal for me. Those weekend DAH nights at DHS are pretty appealing on that basis alone. Anxiously awaiting early reports - I’ve loved the couple of MK DAH events I’ve done and curious how these new ones compare.

If Dawa Bar is open, I’m in. :laughing: I’ve had more Old Elephant Foot and Victory Golden Monkey from there than I care to admit (what can I say? It’s a perfect mid-point oasis on the long trek between FoP and Everest).

Seriously considering AK DAH as it’s my favorite nighttime park (and EE is my favorite nighttime ride) - but have to say the Tuesday/Wednesday calendar for these isn’t ideal for me. Those weekend DAH nights at DHS are pretty appealing on that basis alone. Anxiously awaiting early reports - I’ve loved the couple of MK DAH events I’ve done and curious how these new ones compare.

Yep, agree. I mean, it has to be open, right? You have vast stretches of the park that - while beautiful - need a bit of refreshment!

Also agree with the schedule. I can build a trip around a weekend or long weekend, but the mid-week dates are tough. None of the schedule really works for me personally, but I'm glad it will work for others!

Just booked 2/12/19. They are mailing the tickets, strange since we are also doing MK AH and those were not offered to be mailed.

Booked for 12/12! We're doing HS EMM that day but figure we'll be finished at HS by 2 and have a dinner ADR at Boma at 5:10, so that's a good couple hours of downtime if we uber over to AKL. 12/13 is actually our main AK day but I have a feeling my plans for that day will shift around a lot depending on what we do during DAH.

Just booked dec 12 also. It was already a planned Animal Kingdom day, we will just be there a little longer. We have reservations at Rainforest at 7:30 so I am guessing we should be done before the start of DAH.

DVC and AP people--just a heads up to make sure they're charging you the correct rate. DVC member services quoted me the $95 rate over the phone but ended up charging my card $125. Now I'm going to be on hold for 30+ minutes while they fix the mistake. :crazy2:

Booked for 12/12! We're doing HS EMM that day but figure we'll be finished at HS by 2 and have a dinner ADR at Boma at 5:10, so that's a good couple hours of downtime if we uber over to AKL. 12/13 is actually our main AK day but I have a feeling my plans for that day will shift around a lot depending on what we do during DAH.
This is pretty much us except we are going to Disney Springs that night for a 6pm ADR. But after hours will allow us to do more of what my son will want to do without taking an hour or so to do FOP as a Rider Switch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter