• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

If you have purchased after hours tickets for this event, do you just scan your magic band? How does it know your not just using one of your regular days?

Do you tell someone at the gate?

Never done this so I have no idea how it works.

TY
First check your mde account and make sure your ticket is linked. If it is, you can use your magic band. When you get to the park there will be a special event entrance. Make sure you go through that entrance otherwise it will use one of your normal park day tickets

First check your mde account and make sure your ticket is linked. If it is, you can use your magic band. When you get to the park there will be a special event entrance. Make sure you go through that entrance otherwise it will use one of your normal park day tickets

10-4 thanks. How do I know for sure it is linked?

The "after hours" tickets show up in my "tickets and memory maker" link, along with my regular park tickets. Is that it?

10-4 thanks. How do I know for sure it is linked?

The "after hours" tickets show up in my "tickets and memory maker" link, along with my regular park tickets. Is that it?
Yep then they are linked to your account. As long as they show up. You might also want to check and make sure they are assigned to the correct people

Does anyone that's recently been have any information about the crowds in the Movie Magic/fireworks viewing area around 8:00? I'm just trying to see if it's worth it to see the 7:30 Frozen show that lets out at 8:00 and get a spot good viewing spot for 2 people to see the 8:10 movie magic and the 8:30 star wars fireworks. Thanks for any advice!

A few questions as we just found out about this!

1. Do we need to have a normal theme park admission ticket AND buy this separate?

2. How are the lines? Are they still bad?

3. Can we buy 1-2 days before the date of event?

Last edited:
A few questions as we just found out about this!

1. Do we need to have a normal theme park admission ticket AND buy this separate?

2. How are the lines? Are they still bad?

3. Can we buy 1-2 days before the date of event?

1. You can just purchase a ticket to this event and enter the park at 7:00 p.m. You do not need a "day" ticket as well.

2. Assuming all rides are fully operational, most of the rides are walk-on with the exception of SDD and TSM. Most reports have indicated that the Toy Story land waits decrease the last hour of the event. Because there aren't many rides, any ride being down can affect the lines elsewhere.

3. As long as the event hasn't sold out, you can purchase tickets as late as the day of the event.

More information can be found in the first few posts of this thread.

1. You can just purchase a ticket to this event and enter the park at 7:00 p.m. You do not need a "day" ticket as well.

2. Assuming all rides are fully operational, most of the rides are walk-on with the exception of SDD and TSM. Most reports have indicated that the Toy Story land waits decrease the last hour of the event. Because there aren't many rides, any ride being down can affect the lines elsewhere.

3. As long as the event hasn't sold out, you can purchase tickets as late as the day of the event.

More information can be found in the first few posts of this thread.

Super helpful!

How have the sales been the last few times they've had this at DHS? Has it completely sold out? I would like to see how our week is going and then maybe buy a ticket the day before, but concerned about sell outs

Super helpful!

How have the sales been the last few times they've had this at DHS? Has it completely sold out? I would like to see how our week is going and then maybe buy a ticket the day before, but concerned about sell outs

The table in Post #3 tracks sell-outs: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3715403/#post-59931374

There has only been one sell out so far, the most recent event (President’s Day weekend). We don’t have any history to go by so TBD what happens as we get into the March/April spring break season.

We attended the sold out event on Sat Feb 16th and you could definitely tell it was a sell out in my opinion. We arrived around 7:45 with no issues getting our wrist bands and we started with RNR and TOT so that we could wait for the 8pm crowds to begin to clear out. We did both RNR and TOT with minimal waits (5-10min tops) (twice each) and then headed over to Star Tours which was a walk on. We then decided to head over to TSL (along with the rest of the masses pretty much attending the event). This is where everything came to a screeching halt. As someone mentioned earlier, something must have happened with TSM earlier because we easily waited 25 min and they only had one track going. As soon as the ride reached anything over 5-10 min, they should have had cast members on hand ready to run the other track to keep "the minimal to no wait time" as advertised for the event. SDD was easily another 25 min wait. Having almost an hour taken up on two rides (one of which really should have been practically a walk on) was extremely disappointing. We then did AS2 which was about 10 min because of the overflow from TSM and SDD. By this time it was about 10:50 so we decided to go back and squeeze one more ride in on RNR and TOT. Both walk ons. Started walking back to TSL since TSM was showing a 10 min wait so we went back there and got in line. Got out of TSM at 11:25 and walked into line for one more ride on SDD. So in total:

TOT - 3x
RNR - 3x
AS2 - 1x
TSM - 2x
SDD - 2x
ST - 1x
No character stops
3 snack breaks

Still trying to decide if it was worth it. I think it was. Just wasn't impressed with the way the back up was handled for TSM.

I just realized that 3/9 is the night we "spring forward". I'm going to be exhausted because we have to get up early to travel home! Hopefully others realize this before they buy their tickets and will avoid that night. ;)

Event dates were first announced on 11/5/2018. Tickets went on sale 11/15/2018.
These are the first Disney After Hours events at Disney's Hollywood Studios, there is no history to suggest when and/or if additional dates will be added.

We're going in September, and looking for dates for HS and AK after hours events. The EMM is fine, but it's only and hour. I want to ride FOP, SDD and TSM a million times! lol Gonna have to do an after hours event to get that done.

Thanks for the thread!

Finally got around to buying our tickets for 4/13 last night. It will be interesting to see if it sells out since its school vacation week and the crowd calendars for that weekend are higher than Easter weekend which was surprising for me.

I'm really hoping they extend this and other DAH events. I want to at least do 2 of them in October. I did this one last December. I was worth even though SDD had almost a 2 hour delay. I'm glad I did it at the time because we got to take advantage of the holiday decorations without the crowds. Place was pretty empty come 10P. I would do this again because the crowds during the park's regular hours were :crazy:.

I’m beginning to think May isn’t going to happen.:( My window opens Saturday and choices have to be made by then. I was really hoping to get to finally try this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter