• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I’m beginning to think May isn’t going to happen.:( My window opens Saturday and choices have to be made by then. I was really hoping to get to finally try this!

Well, they've consistently had this on Saturdays so I would keep your schedule set so that adding a Saturday night DAH at DHS would be easy to do. If they never end up offering it, oh well. But if they add it at the last minute, you'll be ready!

I’m beginning to think May isn’t going to happen.:( My window opens Saturday and choices have to be made by then. I was really hoping to get to finally try this!
Me too! We get to make our FP on Saturday. Would like to do one or two of the DAH events. Planning for them or without them is two totally different things especially when making FP.

Lucky for me, right now I have HS as our evening park. The problem is, if I don't grab FP's for SDD and they don't offer DAH, I've got a big problem. If they offer DAH, I'd make FP's for FOP as AK is our morning park. I wish it was as simple as just leaving a spot open, but it's not. If they haven't offered it by Saturday, I'll just have to skip it.

Me too! We get to make our FP on Saturday. Would like to do one or two of the DAH events. Planning for them or without them is two totally different things especially when making FP.

Exactly. I don't ever stand in long lines, FP's are a must. If they want us to plan 60 days out, they need to plan 60 days out too.

Lucky for me, right now I have HS as our evening park. The problem is, if I don't grab FP's for SDD and they don't offer DAH, I've got a big problem. If they offer DAH, I'd make FP's for FOP as AK is our morning park. I wish it was as simple as just leaving a spot open, but it's not. If they haven't offered it by Saturday, I'll just have to skip it.

So, in your situation I would probably schedule FOP for the morning and then plan to ride SDD in standby near the end of the day. Of course, I'd also be using the refresh method to try to snag FP's after my morning at AK. If you are hoping to catch F! or SWAGS, that would make the SDD at the end of the night strategy not very workable. It is so difficult to plan these trips sometimes. Sigh.

Can't, we have the F! dessert pkg scheduled for Saturday night. It is what it is, I just think they normally release these dates pretty far in advance and they weren't offered in May for last year so not holding out a lot of hope. Just wish Disney would set their plans so we could set ours easier.

Last edited:
Can't, we have the F! dessert buffet scheduled for Saturday night. It is what it is, I just think they normally release these dates pretty far in advance and they weren't offered in May for last year so not holding out a lot of hope. Just wish Disney would set their plans so we could set ours easier.
I'm obviously in the bargaining stage of grief about this. ;) (Me: "Maybe you could plan your day like this!" You: "Nah, we can't because of this..." Me: "Then you could do THIS instead!" You: "No can do, we have this other thing...") You're right though, it is what it is.

Can't, we have the F! dessert buffet scheduled for Saturday night. It is what it is, I just think they normally release these dates pretty far in advance and they weren't offered in May for last year so not holding out a lot of hope. Just wish Disney would set their plans so we could set ours easier.
It sounds like you have a lot planned already. Maybe dah isn’t meant to be for this trip

I'm obviously in the bargaining stage of grief about this. ;) (Me: "Maybe you could plan your day like this!" You: "Nah, we can't because of this..." Me: "Then you could do THIS instead!" You: "No can do, we have this other thing...") You're right though, it is what it is.

LOL We'll be fine if we can't do it. We have a couple of EMM's scheduled, just have never timed it right for DAH and wanted to see what it's like. Maybe next time....:)

It sounds like you have a lot planned already. Maybe dah isn’t meant to be for this trip

I am a planner by nature. For me, the more scheduled I am, the better things go. I definitely do not do well flying by the seat of my pants. lol We'd see F! with or without the dessert buffet, it just saves us time not waiting to get in and gets us great seats without being there early. Same thing with dessert buffets and EMM's. Sounds like a lot, but it's things we'd do anyway, just cutting out the waiting and crowds. Who knows, it could show up tomorrrow! I've been wrong before.:)

Dumb (OT) question, I thought the F! Dessert thing was just a box of sweets and you’re shown to the reserved seating?

I just realized that 3/9 is the night we "spring forward". I'm going to be exhausted because we have to get up early to travel home! Hopefully others realize this before they buy their tickets and will avoid that night. ;)
We are booked for that night too and had no idea. I’m glad you posted- it’s annoyingly but much better to know! Now I have to figure out if we will keep our BOG breakfast the next day....sigh.

Dumb (OT) question, I thought the F! Dessert thing was just a box of sweets and you’re shown to the reserved seating?

It is pre--packaged. We did it last trip and it was really good desserts and cheeses. and alcoholic drink included that you could get refills on! :) It was enough that skipping dinner was no problem. The nice part was, no waiting in a crowd to get in. There was no line at all when we checked in.

Edited to add: I just realized I called it a buffet in my pp. It’s definitely not a buffet, just so used to talking about dessert buffets ....lol. I’ll correct my post.

Last edited:
Finally got around to buying our tickets for 4/13 last night. It will be interesting to see if it sells out since its school vacation week and the crowd calendars for that weekend are higher than Easter weekend which was surprising for me.
Where can we find reliable crowd calendar data from?

Sorry for asking a question that has been addressed before, but during DAH do you have the option to watch the ToT preshow in the library? I'd like to watch it for the first ride then skip it for any subsequent rides. Thanks!

We are booked for that night too and had no idea. I’m glad you posted- it’s annoyingly but much better to know! Now I have to figure out if we will keep our BOG breakfast the next day....sigh.

Just thought of something... it'll be tough for sure losing that extra hour of sleep, but you'll be an hour ahead of everyone who plans to rope drop and forgets to set their clocks forward! Though I guess these days most people's clocks do it automatically? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter