• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Just to add the Popcorn lines are some of the longest lines at the event and can eat into your time. My lads done well to wait it out until it was later and the line was alot shorter outside of space. Also just to add the Peter Pan line made me a little agitated as the amount of time people would be messing around with the shadow trick on the wall and stalled the line. God knows what delay that can cause during the line on a normal day. I get Disney have tried to make queue lines more interactive but I don't believe they help with flow at all.
Nothing stopping you from going around the folks who want to stop to play in the line
Besides that, 99% of the time, there are still people in line in front of them waiting to board so they aren't holding you up from boarding, they are just making a gap. And in the end, there's no delay for any one

Last edited:
Nothing stopping you from going around the folks who want to stop to play in the line
Besides that, 99% of the time, there are still people in line in front of them waiting to board so they are holding you up from boarding, they are just making a gap. And in the end, there's no delay for any one
I’ve seen bigger gaps from people hypnotized by their phones that were completely oblivious to how far ahead the line had moved (I’m talking about you lady at frozen and other lady at Mexico pavilion ride). The situation at the Mexico ride was so bad the cm had to ask the lady to keep moving forward

Silliest question ever, I know, but seriously, how cool is DAH MK? I'm kind of a fan of special events and am planning a short trip with my 18 year old daughter. We've been to all of the parties (repeatedly), 4th of July, NYE (twice), Flower & Garden, etc. We've done Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland a couple of times and loved it. Reading through this (excellent) post, it sure looks overwhelmingly like people love DAH. I'd do a resort day and go into the park at 7pm for the fireworks and the event. You all really think it's a "must try"???

Silliest question ever, I know, but seriously, how cool is DAH MK? I'm kind of a fan of special events and am planning a short trip with my 18 year old daughter. We've been to all of the parties (repeatedly), 4th of July, NYE (twice), Flower & Garden, etc. We've done Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland a couple of times and loved it. Reading through this (excellent) post, it sure looks overwhelmingly like people love DAH. I'd do a resort day and go into the park at 7pm for the fireworks and the event. You all really think it's a "must try"???

Paging @Haley R Why don't you take this one? How many trips have you booked specifically for DAH?? lol

Absolutely!! We have been twice, planning those trips specifically to do DAH.

As my kids are getting older we're doing more multiple small trips (2-4 days) vs one or two week long trips. A trip that includes something like DAH is a great way to get in some max park time on what is otherwise a short trip.

Nothing at Disney in my opinion is a "must try" - but there are certainly some appealing benefits if you enjoy 'special events' like you say.

As my kids are getting older we're doing more multiple small trips (2-4 days) vs one or two week long trips. A trip that includes something like DAH is a great way to get in some max park time on what is otherwise a short trip.

Nothing at Disney in my opinion is a "must try" - but there are certainly some appealing benefits if you enjoy 'special events' like you say.
Excellent - thanks to all for the answers. Same here, in recent years with older kids, doing more multiple small trips. I think your point about maximizing time (and doing a special event) is a great one. Since my dates are fairly flexible, I think I'll plan around a DAH date, and will probably stay at the Contemporary that night. Thans again, GADisneyDad14 for this very helpful thread, and for your prompt response.

YES! We loved it! We would book it every time!

Same here- kids are now 11 and 13. This last trip was late Wednesday night to Monday. We have never gone for such a short amount of time before but it was great! What made it extra special was doing DAH. We always want to spend the most time in MK and with DAH, we got to ride everything we wanted and had another full day at MK to enjoy the park at a slower pace. It was perfect.

I'd do it quick, though. The crowds are creeping up as more and more people find out about it (and WDW gets a better feel for actual levels and line resistance). We're going in March, and it wouldn't surprise me to see those crowds double what they were last June. That's the way it works there -- something starts super awesome, people talk about how awesome it is, other people find out about it and want a piece of the awesome, WDW figures out just how far to stretch the attendance to figure out the acceptable range of awesome, and then a little bit more, and then the event, which started super awesome, is now pretty darn good.

Even at that level, it will be a good way to experience the parks, especially with older kids who just want to ride ride ride. However, I fear the multiple-without-out-getting-off and no-one-else-on-the-train days are already gone. Still, it'll probably consistently never be more than a five-minute wait for Space, or 15 for 7DMT, and compared to a regular day, that's, well, awesome. And instead of the question "is it worth it?" being answered with a round of "oh my God YES!"es, it'll turn into the same kind of conversations we have about, say, the desert parties -- some love it, some think it's a waste, some fondly remember the good ol' days and look with regret.

So if you'd like to check it out, don't wait. Because the longer it goes on, the comparatively less it will probably be.

Last edited:
Just to add the Popcorn lines are some of the longest lines at the event and can eat into your time. My lads done well to wait it out until it was later and the line was alot shorter outside of space. Also just to add the Peter Pan line made me a little agitated as the amount of time people would be messing around with the shadow trick on the wall and stalled the line. God knows what delay that can cause during the line on a normal day. I get Disney have tried to make queue lines more interactive but I don't believe they help with flow at all.

If Disney is reading this....the snack carts need to be re-imagined. Takes way too long for a limited menu of 6-7 prepackaged items and no payment. Should be a monitored grab and go. Saw a CM having to tear open a cardboard box with her hands, and another CM dig, dig, digging a Diet Coke out of the ice with a scoop. Need a better menu sign that can be read in the dark.

I absolutely think dah is worth it. We’ve planned two trips around dah and both were last minute trips. I’m talking two weeks or less before we left. Our favorite dah is mk but hs was a super close second. We like to pair dah with another full mk day so during our full day we can take things so much slower and do more of the long attractions and shows.

Our first dah was last March and happened to coincide with us taking our 9 yo niece on her first Disney trip. She still talks about getting to stay in the park late and ride things over and over

If Disney is reading this....the snack carts need to be re-imagined. Takes way too long for a limited menu of 6-7 prepackaged items and no payment. Should be a monitored grab and go. Saw a CM having to tear open a cardboard box with her hands, and another CM dig, dig, digging a Diet Coke out of the ice with a scoop. Need a better menu sign that can be read in the dark.
We found that at both the AK and HS events they were laying out the snacks and drinks for you to walk up and grab. They didn't at MK but there were so many more places to get them it didn't seem to be much of a problem. Never took more than 2 min even with 6, 7 people in line

Though to be honest it was warm our HS night and the ice creams got too soft for my tastes. I prefer it when the leave it in the case

Apologies if this question has already been asked, but any idea when the summer after hours schedule will be released? We're going in July and just wanted to make appropriate plans. Thank you!

Apologies if this question has already been asked, but any idea when the summer after hours schedule will be released? We're going in July and just wanted to make appropriate plans. Thank you!

No one knows, but subscribing to this thread is one of the easiest ways to keep track! As soon as someone discovers dates added, they'll post here and our illustrious moderator will spread the word far and wide!

So, I see they only had 1 of these events in Sept last year. I am going in Sept. I probably shouldn't hold my breath?

Is that because they start the Halloween party in Sept?

So, I see they only had 1 of these events in Sept last year. I am going in Sept. I probably shouldn't hold my breath?

Is that because they start the Halloween party in Sept?

While no one knows Disney’s logic, I suspect MNSSHP has much to do with it. With roughly 1/2 the month being party nights, then another typically 4-5 nights being PM EMHs, and then with most MK DAH dates being on a weeknight, you start to run out of available dates pretty quickly.

But who knows what they’ll do this year. I always thought a few DAH dates sprinkled over what is sometimes a slightly lower crowd month would be a good idea. But what do I know!

FWIW, I was at the 9/20 event last year and it was great!

While no one knows Disney’s logic, I suspect MNSSHP has much to do with it. With roughly 1/2 the month being party nights, then another typically 4-5 nights being PM EMHs, and then with most MK DAH dates being on a weeknight, you start to run out of available dates pretty quickly.

But who knows what they’ll do this year. I always thought a few DAH dates sprinkled over what is sometimes a slightly lower crowd month would be a good idea. But what do I know!

FWIW, I was at the 9/20 event last year and it was great!

Because we really want a late night in MK, I went ahead and bought tix to the Halloween party a night of our stay. We have done it before and absolutely loved it.
But I really want to try this dah sometime

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter