IMG_5715.jpg

IMG_5716-1.jpg

IMG_5717.jpg

Wreath from Carnation Cafe
IMG_5698.jpg

Partial tree and window display from store next to CC
IMG_5707-1.jpg

IMG_5706-1.jpg

Thank you, Flitterific. I still have more to post. I loved you pics of the parade, but I saw it during the day. The CP was scheduled that day, so there were no parades at night. I do wished that I could have seen it at night. At least I got to see it.

CopyDSC_734420.jpg

Very nice pics Flitterific. Great pics of the trees at the Coke store and Pioneer Mercantile store.

Have a great trip at DL Liza and with Sherry. I am looking forward to my read Sherry TR. I can't believe I'm heading on over to WDW tomorrow during the Holiday season.

Great job with all the Holiday pics everyone and looking forward to seeing more. :thumbsup2

My pictures were all shot with a 2-year-old Canon ELPH. The ratio of "good" shots to bad can be pretty low so I snap a lot. I think sometimes it's just luck, angle, and a little photo editing. My sister and DH both have good SLR cameras, but I hate lugging a big bag around (after 14-plus years carrying a kid-pack).

I have a few more random shots to post tomorrow.

PHXscuba

p.s. One small thing I brought back for myself was a red clear-glass Mickey head ornament. I put it on my tree as a "hidden Mickey." Without telling the kids it was there, my 5-year-old spotted it almost immediately. Future DISer?;)

I have some more Christmas photos to share. Looks like PHXScuba and I both hit Storybook today. I also wanted to see the cute houses with their decorations. There is a tree in one of the storybook photos that I wonder if it counts towards the Tree Quest totals. I also have 2 other Tree Quest entries.

Entering the park - Main St Photos

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Storybook Land Canal Boats

IMG_0195.jpg

Is that a Christmas tree I see??...

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

It's A Small World (+ 2 trees I don't think have been "submitted" before :))

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

I also did smell a strong pine scent and gingerbread in IASW.

I have read most of this thread and now I can't remember if I saw photos of Christmas hats. You know the ones I'm talking about, a few years ago they had Goofy santa hats, or Mickey and Minnie santa hats. I saw the photos of the candy cane hat but are there any others? Anyone who is lucky enough to be at DL at the moment, if you see any hats can you post photos please.

specialks thanks for sharing your photos of IASW! I am so excited now! We leave on Sunday for our trip and IASW has always been one of my favorite rides. This will be the first time we het to experiance the "Holiday" version.

JennyN they posted this on the Disney blog earlier this week. I think this is all the hats that they are offering this holiday season.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl.../?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY11Q1DLR_SocMedFacebook0016

I have read most of this thread and now I can't remember if I saw photos of Christmas hats. You know the ones I'm talking about, a few years ago they had Goofy santa hats, or Mickey and Minnie santa hats. I saw the photos of the candy cane hat but are there any others? Anyone who is lucky enough to be at DL at the moment, if you see any hats can you post photos please.

Have a great trip at DL Liza and with Sherry. I am looking forward to my read Sherry TR. I can't believe I'm heading on over to WDW tomorrow during the Holiday season.

I sure will Bret. I don't know if you will be able to read before you leave today, but have a fantastic trip at WDW. I certainly look forward to your pictures and TR. Have fun at my second favorite place in the world.

I know when I asked about using the receipt coupon with my 10 percent Disney VISA discount they said no, one discount only. The 20 percent off receipt seems one of the better discounts, especially since there's no minimum purchase. I think we got one on the bottom of almost every CS meal receipt over the 2 days, so save up to shop!

PHXscuba

Caramel-apple goodness ... mmmmm. These were in Pooh Corner but I always love to stop and watch them being made in the window at Marceline's.

goodies.jpg

Tree Quest on a gray Saturday at Paradise Pier

tree1-1.jpg

I want to do one of these rope signs for DS5's cowboy room ... of course not with "Comet":laughing: (bonus Wreath Quest)

comet.jpg

PHXscuba

Caramel-apple goodness ... mmmmm. These were in Pooh Corner but I always love to stop and watch them being made in the window at Marceline's.

goodies.jpg

Yummy! I had one of the marshmallows surrounded by crushed peppermint candies. It was to die for. :thumbsup2

I want to do one of these rope signs for DS5's cowboy room ... of course not with "Comet":laughing: (bonus Wreath Quest)

comet.jpg

PHXscuba

Great photo, PHXscuba. Now you have a something to go by when you make one for your son's room. Good find on the wreath, also.

What about the 3rd and 4th of January. Will all the holiday decorations be down?

ty71803 - Yes and no. The holiday season officially ends on January 2nd in 2011 (though the end date changes every year). That has been the date that has circulated around since July. There is a reason why there is an end date to the season - because the seasonal activities and decorations have to end!

So, while Disneyland will not be able to remove all of its decor overnight, in the wee hours between Sunday, January 2nd and Monday, January 3rd, they can get a lot of it down in one night. It takes longer to put the stuff up than it does to remove it. You may see the leftover things that the workers are not able to take down yet. There may be some remants of the holidays around, as well as discounted holiday merchandise.

It is quite possible that It's a Small World Holiday may stay open until mid-to-late January, as it did in January of this year. They will shut down Haunted Mansion Holiday as soon as January 2nd passes, and they may not want to shut down IASWH at the same time, leaving two big rides out of commission for a couple of weeks, simultaneously. So you may have a shot at IASWH, but it can't be certain.

I would assume that since the CALIFORNIA letters are coming down forever by January 4th, they will probably leave the candy cane version of them up until then - but only because the letters are coming down forever on 1/4 anyway. Otherwise, the candy cane stripes would be gone after 1/2/11.

Also, there is much more to the holiday season that just the decor. There are many things to do as well. There is the nighttime Winter Castle - that will stop glowing after January 2. There is the snow on Main Street - that will stop falling after January 2nd. Santa will be long gone, as will the strolling carolers. The holiday music that fills DL will stop playing. The Reindeer Round-Up will shut down. Most likely, the holiday fireworks and the Christmas Fantasy Parade will stop after 1/2/11, although it did say on the DLR calendar that the parade would be happening on 1/3/11, which could be a misprint (we're not sure).

So you may see little traces of the holiday season here and there, but it's not going to be the full seasonal array of offerings.

I had this saved from a couple years ago:

Ingredients:
6 cups Flour, all purpose
1 teaspoon Baking soda
.5 teaspoons Baking powder
1 cup Unsalted butter
1 cup Dark brown sugar
4 teaspoons Ginger, ground
4 teaspoons Cinnamon, ground
1.5 teaspoons Cloves, ground
1 teaspoon Black pepper,
1.5 teaspoon Salt
2 each Eggs, large, whole
1.5 cups Molasses

Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
and set aside.
3. Add butter and brown sugar to an electric mixer and cream until fluffy.
4. Mix in spices and salt. Beat the eggs and molasses.
5. Add flour to mixture. Mix on low speed until thoroughly combined.
6. Divide the dough into thirds and wrap in plastic. Place in the refrigerator
and cool for at least one hour.
7. Sprinkle flour on a flat surface. Roll out the dough until it is about
one-eighth-inch thick.
8. Cut the dough into festive holiday shapes and place on a non-greased
baking sheet.
9. Place the sheet pans in the refrigerator and cool for about 15 minutes.
10. Bake for 15 minutes or until the gingerbread is firm in the center

Thanks.:thumbsup2

ty71803 - Yes and no. The holiday season officially ends on January 2nd in 2011 (though the end date changes every year). That has been the date that has circulated around since July. There is a reason why there is an end date to the season - because the seasonal activities and decorations have to end!

So, while Disneyland will not be able to remove all of its decor overnight, in the wee hours between Sunday, January 2nd and Monday, January 3rd, they can get a lot of it down in one night. It takes longer to put the stuff up than it does to remove it. You may see the leftover things that the workers are not able to take down yet. There may be some remants of the holidays around, as well as discounted holiday merchandise.

It is quite possible that It's a Small World Holiday may stay open until mid-to-late January, as it did in January of this year. They will shut down Haunted Mansion Holiday as soon as January 2nd passes, and they may not want to shut down IASWH at the same time, leaving two big rides out of comission for a couple of weeks, simultaneously. So you may have a shot at IASWH, but it can't be certain.

I would assume that since the CALIFORNIA letters are coming down forever by January 4th, they will probably leave the candy cane version of them up until then - but only because the letters are coming down forever on 1/4 anyway. Otherwise, the candy cane stripes would be gone after 1/2/11.

Also, there is much more to the holiday season that just the decor. There are many things to do as well. There is the nighttime Winter Castle - that will stop glowing after January 2. There is the snow on Main Street - that will stop falling after January 2nd. Santa will be long gone, as will the strolling carolers. The holiday music that fills DL will stop playing. The Reindeer Round-Up will shut down. Most likely, the holiday fireworks and the Christmas Fantasy Parade will stop after 1/2/11, although it did say on the DLR calendar that the parade would be happening on 1/3/11, which could be a misprint (we're not sure).

So you may see little traces of the holiday season here and there, but it's not going to be the full seasonal array of offerings.

Thank you so much! We would love to go over Christmas break but some people have told me the crowds make is miserable. We could go anywhere from the 24th of Dec through the 2nd of Jan. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
THANK YOU

I saw 3 trees inside Club 33.

The first 2 are in the dining area we were at.

club33_tree2.jpg

club33_tree1.jpg

This one was in a corner by the stairs.

club33_tree3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter