• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Beach club resort or Disney Polynesian Resort in January?

Prior to our last BC stay in June/July (our 4th time there), I would have said BC is my favorite - but we had a "meh" stay there this time and an amazing night at Poly (same trip, we did a split stay). So I think Poly is currently in our top spot! We didn't find the rooms at Poly to be dated. On the other hand, the BC is really showing some wear, particularly in the bathrooms and hallways.

Buses at BC are ok, the only issue seems to be going to MK. They pick up YC first, and we almost always had to stand on the MK bus. Being able to walk to two parks is great though. I don't have any experience with the buses at Poly.

Definitely looking for more than “meh”. 18 year old daughter heading off to college this coming Saturday and this is a late celebration for her. Couldn’t squeeze a trip in August and honestly with the August heat down there in Florida, I was more than happy to wait til January.
Is there any benefit to one over the other for that time of year?
More hot tubs at Beach Club?

Definitely looking for more than “meh”. 18 year old daughter heading off to college this coming Saturday and this is a late celebration for her. Couldn’t squeeze a trip in August and honestly with the August heat down there in Florida, I was more than happy to wait til January.
Is there any benefit to one over the other for that time of year?
More hot tubs at Beach Club?

I don't think there is any benefit to one over the other based on time of year. BC does have one more hot tub than Poly. I like the atmosphere at both of Poly's hot tubs more than any of the ones at BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter