Disney bought land in South Louisiana ????

Yes, Disney did purchase land in Livingston Parish (Louisiana). 2000 acres to be exact with the intention of buying 3000 more acres. There has been no word of what Disney plans on doing with the property. It has been kept hush hush so that the price of property doesn't sky rocket in the area.

How do you know this? If it has been kept hush hush, how are we all hearing these things?

Yes, Disney did purchase land in Livingston Parish (Louisiana). 2000 acres to be exact with the intention of buying 3000 more acres. There has been no word of what Disney plans on doing with the property. It has been kept hush hush so that the price of property doesn't sky rocket in the area.

Hush, hush??? This thread was started in Oct '07

It wasn't until I'd read all ten pages of this thread that I realized that the last post was almost a year ago. I was faced with a decision to simply move along and consider the last hour of my life completely shot or commit one of the most mortal sins one can commit on a message board -- ATR. I chose to go with the latter with the hopes that the backlash will be minimal (or nonexistent).

I, too, live in Livingston Parish. I live on the far east side of Holden as you head toward Albany on 190. Our little housing complex is a simple collection of dwellings that are just barely above "shotgun houses". Behind us there was once a heavily wooded area and a cow field until about two years ago, when our landlord, Mr. Hutchison, decided to go out there and clear it all out. The rumor about this was that he was planning to extend our little neighborhood because "Disney's comin' to town" and he wanted extra houses to put people in when the population boom hit. After all, those "outta towners" are gonna need a place to live too, right?

Well, here it is two years later and that cleared land is still used only by the cows. No new houses sprang up (at least not yet, though the rumor of the neighborhood extension still exists, albeit for different reasons now) and Disney still hasn't built anything even remotely close to this place.

What were his reasons for clearing out all that land? Well, I don't know and I figure it really isn't any of my business. The point I'm trying to make is that this nonsense about a Disney park started in 2007 -- over three years ago -- and nothing has ever come of it. Just because you see someone clearing out some trees or you hear of large plots of land being bought up for unknown reasons does not mean that we're any closer to a Disney World Louisiana than we were in the 1950s.

-Ben

Feh. My Disney bus driver says your wrong and any rumor by locals or bus drivers regarding new parks is Always true. ;-)

It wasn't until I'd read all ten pages of this thread that I realized that the last post was almost a year ago. I was faced with a decision to simply move along and consider the last hour of my life completely shot or commit one of the most mortal sins one can commit on a message board -- ATR. I chose to go with the latter with the hopes that the backlash will be minimal (or nonexistent).

I, too, live in Livingston Parish. I live on the far east side of Holden as you head toward Albany on 190. Our little housing complex is a simple collection of dwellings that are just barely above "shotgun houses". Behind us there was once a heavily wooded area and a cow field until about two years ago, when our landlord, Mr. Hutchison, decided to go out there and clear it all out. The rumor about this was that he was planning to extend our little neighborhood because "Disney's comin' to town" and he wanted extra houses to put people in when the population boom hit. After all, those "outta towners" are gonna need a place to live too, right?

Well, here it is two years later and that cleared land is still used only by the cows. No new houses sprang up (at least not yet, though the rumor of the neighborhood extension still exists, albeit for different reasons now) and Disney still hasn't built anything even remotely close to this place.

What were his reasons for clearing out all that land? Well, I don't know and I figure it really isn't any of my business. The point I'm trying to make is that this nonsense about a Disney park started in 2007 -- over three years ago -- and nothing has ever come of it. Just because you see someone clearing out some trees or you hear of large plots of land being bought up for unknown reasons does not mean that we're any closer to a Disney World Louisiana than we were in the 1950s.

-Ben

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter