Disney bound NJ brides, identify yourselves!!!!

I was going to make my own invitations for a while, but Jason and I are just too busy and too obsessive/compulsive...we needed to give up control to someone else! Oh and also, myjeanm.com has a really neat website where you can mix and match and see all the color changes and choices you want and you see an instant proof...the prices aren't all that bad either! I was going to use them, but Jason is very much a "I need to see and touch in person before I pay" kind of guy! I guess it's a good thing we didn't meet online huh?! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: oh LORD I crack myself up...that was SO tacky...sorry, it's a been a long morning and my sanity is cracking!

North Jersey prices...it's sick...truly...*sigh* aren't weddings FUN?! :rolleyes2

love y'all!!! :grouphug:

okay, that's it...I am calling Tony Soprano...the invitations guy is getting WHACKED and that is IT! He just called to tell me that "Ohhh um yeah they ran out of ribbon at 60...so they are going to need some more..." ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!! We bought specific pink ribbon to send to the invitation company b/c they didn't have pink ribbon and we wanted the invitation we picked with PINK ribbon so we went all over freaking Jersey, both with fevers and sick as DOGS looking for the perfect pink satin ribbon. We got THREE TIMES what they needed according to the measurements Peter the dead invite guy told us and NOW he calls us, three weeks PAST the time they were to be done and tells us that they RAN OUT OF RIBBON?! :furious: :furious: :furious: This is beyond rediculous...seriously...All the Best Invitations...yeah perhaps he needs to call it "All the latest invitations and slowest service known to man"...Jason is absolutely furious (even though I had to giggle when I called him because he says in a dead calm voice "That's it, I've lost my temper now..." :rotfl: he's so cute)

anyhow...back to whacking the invite guy...seriously, he's dealing with stressed out brides in NEW JERSEY...does he not fear for his life?!

so annoyed. that's it I've so lost my temper now... :rotfl:

Katy - I'm so sorry to hear about your invitation problems... I'd definitely put a call out... lol.... :smokin: I guess he had no fear of NJ brides... I would definitely question why he needs more ribbon when you already sent him more than enough... that does seem a bit silly... has he been doing this for long? Maybe he's only done small jobs and thought he could take on a bigger one... maybe he's just a scatter brain jersey boy who has no idea what he's doing... :crazy: whatever the case - take a deep breath in and exhale slowly a few times... it will all work out in the end. Have faith. :thumbsup2 Feel free to vent anytime though, that's what we're here for... and Jersey girls know how to stick together. :thumbsup2

Forget Tony Soprano...

Let this short little, Irish-tempered (without my cider :drinking1 ), New Jersey bride at 'em! I'll put the fear of God into him! Hehe...and I got 6 sisters I could take along with me...we'd get your invites by this afternoon! :lmao:

Irish Jersey girls ROCK!!! I'm an Irish girl my self...first generation at that! I actually talked to my grandmother today and she said "Lovey pet,have a pint and tell that man to be on his merry way if he can't deliver the services promised..." Ummm nana, I paid the man half already..."All saints in Heaven child, why did you pay the man before he delivered?! I'll start a novena to St. Jude pet...what a funny way to do business..." :rotfl: Great, thanks Nana...a prayer to patron saint of Lost causes!!! :lmao: She cracks me up. She wanted me to get married in Ireland in a "proper" church but lord lets talk about EXPENSE!!

anyhow...that stupid man now has St.Jude on his ****!!! TAKE THAT...and IrishCinderella...He is SO TOAST! ;)

thanks ladies...I'm sure it will all work out...doesn't this sort of thing happen to everyone? it's what makes wedding planning such a JOY! :rolleyes:

Since I know you are all waiting on the edges of your seats to see what will happen with my invitations I thought I'd give everyone an update...

still not here...won't be till next week...hate the invitations guy

that's all :)

Heading to Woodbury Common this weekend! :cheer2: Need retail therapy!!!

:grouphug: to all!!!

well, i'm not a woman. or a bride. but i am a born and raised jersey guy. i just wanted to wish everyone luck with planning and everything.

i'm from middlesex county and love it here. NJ is this country's best kept secret i think.

Welcome to the Disboards New Jersey!!! Are you a groom to be? Or just one of those wedding loving Jersey guys who lurks on message boards to get his fix of invitation woes and how's everybody going to wear their hair? ;)

We Jersey folks gotta stick together! princess: :wizard:

ummm...is it weird that six of the posts on this page are from me...? Am I talking to myself again? Y'know I wondered when the meds would stop working...seems they have...NO They HAVEN'T...YES THEY HAVE!!! Y'all need To STOP arguing...it's too loud in here! :rotfl:

yep, mind is gone! :crazy: :rotfl2: no it isn't...yes it is...STOP :lmao:

you will all be thrilled to know that my invitations have in fact, come in!! Jason will pick them up this evening...so unless they are hideously ugly and/or wrong...the invitations guy will live...maybe...punk... :rolleyes: ;)

he says they are "absolute perfection..." we shall see!

*DRUMROLLLLLLLLL* Ladies, may I have your attention...*ahem* The Invitations...*dramatic pause* ARE HERE!!! :yay: :yay: Finally finally!!! They really are perfection!!! They are four layers...bottom layer is pink,then platinum,pink again with a pink silk ribbon and platinum ink...and even though the "adult reception to follow" is printed on the LEFT even though I told Peter "the very nearly whacked" invitations guy to move it to the right, it turns out that it looks okay b/c our monogram is on the left on the top so it all balances out. I called to tell him that I loved the invitations...And when he picked up I said "Peter, it's Katy..." DEAD silence...no hello, or did you like them...just dead silence. " I just wanted to tell you that I love the invitations..." HUGE explosion of air due to the massive breath he was holding "OH JEEZUS, you scared the SH*T outta me..." :rotfl: The man swore on the phone to a customer!!! I made him SWEAR in FEAR!!!!! :lmao: :rotfl2: I LOVE IT!!!! Jersey girls ROCK!!!! I know he was scared b/c even though I TOLD HIM to move the line on the bottom from left to right, he didn't do it. He is dang lucky that it worked out. I don't know what this guys problem is. How does he stay in business? He doesn't "find" emails...stuff is done late, he doesn't contact the companies he works with to give them proper info until it's too late...those are all costly mistakes and he is dealing with BRIDES...in NEW JERSEY...as I stated before..does the man not fear for his LIFE?!

anyhow...the four part "Drama of the Invitation" has concluded...stay tuned for the next installment of "Bridal Drama and Freakouts"...episode 401 "Drama of the Veil"... ;)

love y'all...mean it! :rotfl:

invitation.jpg

this is the invitation that caused all the drama...y'all like? Sorry it's so small but y'all get the idea!! It's really great in person!! I'm still ever so slightly annoyed about the line on the bottom left...well left if you are facing it...I'm SO dyslexic...I seriously do not know my left from my right...perhaps that was the problem!!! ;)

does it look funny? ack...obsessing is starting...can't...hold...back...OBSESSING!!!!

okay seriously...does my invitation look weird with that little line on the bottom? does it look out of place? i'm so irritated by that...where is my xanax?! :crazy:

by the way here is a pick of my cute puppy b/c I just figured out how to do pics in posts and everyone needs to see the cuteness that is my son Magnus!

whatsthatnoise.jpg

100_0069.jpg

I kept telling him to get off of the couch RIGHT NOW and he'd do that dachshund thing and turn his head to the side like "Mommy you can't possibly mean ME...I like to lay on the couch...it doesn't make sense that you would tell me to stop doing something I like...perhaps if I distract you by being cute you'll STOP saying such crazy things...oh look, you have the camera...it worked!" :rotfl:

he's dang cute though isn't he?

see my ADD...i was asking about my invitations!!! :crazy: :rolleyes:

other than the fact that the last five posts have been from me with no replies and it seems I'm talking to myself in here...all is well...

hey, did y'all notice that PA brides are so copying our cool NJ only club thread?! ;) :banana: Sorry but any state that has people driving about in buggys and not wearing shoes or deoderant...well you just CAN'T be as cool as the tough chicks from Jersey!!! :smokin: We are just too cool for school! :smooth: ;) :rotfl:

Lol!!!! Katy - you always make me laugh... even after a very long Mother's Day and my DF's birthday... stinks that they're on the same day... we kept trying to do somethign for the other one and then saying, "No, it's your birthday/mother's day".... but we both enjoyed ourselves... I should be writing a final for my Child Psych class, but it seems I will be cramming that tomorrow... oh well, it was a relaxing day none the less... ;)

You are not talking to yourself. I am listening and loving it. I did see the PA girls copying us... just remember, the best ones started it. The rest are just posers... just kidding girls... :rotfl: we are ALL disney brides and we are here to help one another... :thumbsup2

We only have 7 months left and the time seems to be slipping away from me. :eek: My best friend (since we were in 3rd grade) got married yesterday and I was one of her bridesmaids. :cheer2: I absolutely LOVED her centerpieces and of course, she made them herself. I'm going to see how much it costs for disney to replicate them- altering them slightly to fit our color scheme and flowers, but they were great and shouldn't cost an insane amount of money. If you want a pic, PM me. :)

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you're not just talking to yourself, although, not knowing you in person, perhaps you are talking to yourself, but then again, I think that's what keeps us jersey girls sane sometimes... otherwise, we'd say some bad stuff to certain people... better to mumble to ourselves sometimes... you know, instead of going off on your mother-in-law who is currently living with you for 2 weeks... argh... :rolleyes2 ANyway, I have you guys on this board to keep me sane... please don't leave me before my wedding... especially all you Jersey girls!!! :rolleyes:

BTW- glad you got your invites and they're wonderful~~ We received ours and love them as well... but they weren't as complicated as yours. :Pinkbounc

It's crazy how times slips away huh? I mean...wow, we are less than 100 days away from our wedding and I'm just pretending that it isn't true...that i have plenty of time to get the rehearsal dinner planned and finalized...and tons fo time to get the addresses all organinzed...we need to send the invites out really soon here and i'm just pretending it's not true!! Nope...don't need to get those tents ordered...or the alcohol ordered...nope, I'm done...all done... :rolleyes:

everyone is sick in our house...Jason sounds like Darth Vadar so of course I am sick too...we both work the *ahem* unwashed masses every day...TJ woke us up this morning screeching his head off...why you ask? Oh just to screech...he "forgot" that everyone was sleeping at 5am... :rolleyes2

not so lucky for any kids who get in trouble in class today...cuz I'm gonna be a teensy bit grouchy and not so "understanding,interested and concerned" school social worker. "KNOCK IT OFF, I DON'T CARE WHY YOU PUNCHED SOMEBODY, DON'T DO IT AGAIN OR YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY..." Yep, it's gonna be a great day! :rotfl: *yawn*

Shout out to all you soggy NJ Disney brides!!! Just when you think the rain is gone... SURPRISE!! It's driving me crazy!! :crazy: At least I finished my finals... now I get a week off and then back to school!!!

My poor bridesmaids and mother are trying to plan my bridal shower for next month because so many people are going away this summer and then my mother is going to get knee replacement surgery in the middle of Sept. and won't be able to do things... but I told her she could still make things and certainly help with phone calls and computer stuff... I told them they should put it off til Oct or early Nov. I don't want to have it right now anyway... :guilty: I want it to be closer to the wedding. It just feels right to have it that way... but , whatever they decide will be amazing, I'm sure!! I am blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. :teeth: :thumbsup2

Hope you are all doing well!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

you are such a sweetie!! Yes the rain is driving me nuts too!! My puppy kept barking at the thunder and then he'd run and hide under my legs. :rotfl:

My mom had knee replacement surgery last year...She's doing great now...it takes some getting used to, but the pain is gone and she's happy she did it!

I hope you have a great bridal shower...mine will be a few days before the wedding b/c I don't get to Oregon until August 11...the wedding is the 20th.

I hope all my jersey girls are doing well...i'm a nut, had some bumps at work and got myself banged up...upset some people here and there...it's been a banner couple of days!! :rolleyes:

love y'all!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter