Disney bound NJ brides, identify yourselves!!!!

Hi everyone-
im not a disney bride, but i do live in jersey--does that count? Im actually not dating anyone seriously now, but i love coming to hear about everyone's wedding plans and hear the stories! so hope you dont mind me coming around!

Blueeyes101817 said:
Hi everyone-
im not a disney bride, but i do live in jersey--does that count? Im actually not dating anyone seriously now, but i love coming to hear about everyone's wedding plans and hear the stories! so hope you dont mind me coming around!

Me, too!

I am not a Disney Bride YET!. ;)

I am from NJ- Bayonne, to be exact.

I do have a serious boyfriend of 4 years who is as excited about a Disney wedding as I am. The first card he gave me was Mickey, and the first present was a Cinderella book. This was before we were technically together! We first met as adults (we had met at age 7, but didn't really talk) on June 4 and my birthday was June 26. He asked me to be his girlfriend July 4, so that's the day we celebrate.

It will be awhile before we can afford it, and that really stresses me out since my parents are older. So, I really hope to join your ranks soon.

I often fantasize- my parents hit the lottery! my boyfriend is offered a new job with a six figure salary! Disney finds out what a wonderful person I am and offers to give me the wedding of my dream for free! Hey, it could happen!

Anyway, 2 of my sisters in law had blockbuster-to-heck-with-the-budget weddings (that neither of them paid a penny for) The Catholic Ceremony, the huge Italian buffet with Venetian table/dessert *room*, open bar, cocktail hour, ice sculptures, etc. Honeymoons to Hawaii and Italy, etc. NJ weddings are expensive. My SIL that married in 2002 told me hers cost 41,000 then, not including honeymoon or rings. (She has a 18,000 e ring)

I'd rather have my FTW and a cheaper ring, frankly!

It's funny that my brothers have so much money when they were the ones who never did very well in school and I was always the honor student, the only one to go away to college. Now I'm an English teacher, and living the budget life, lol.

It's very encouraging to see other NJ brides. I'm curious though- did anyone here have problems with family members not wanting them to buck tradition by doing a destination wedding?

I'm a NJ bride, from South Jersey. I'm getting married September 23, 2006 and we are going to Disney World! We will be staying at the Beach Club Resort. This will be the first trip to Disney World for my fiancee, I can't wait to take him there.

LuLu, Stephm & BlueEyes, WELCOME to the coolest thread on the wedding board!! :cool1:

We're all stressed out Jersey girls with Disney in common!!

we're fun! :cheer2: :banana: :yay:

:bride: :groom:

Wow...so much to read since I've been gone! Hope all you Jersey Girls are doing well aside from the wedding stuff.

As you can see from my new name...there is no more Brad & Kryssi...just me now. The wedding is cancelled...his doing, but whatever. This is the second wedding he's cancelled on me, but it's the first time I stood up and left him!

So now I'm single and just got back from WDW last Friday. I'll be leaving for another week there on the 27th. (met a supercool castmember who is a great shoulder for me right now).

So I won't be posting in here anymore, I guess, but I missed you all and wish you all much happiness! I'll still be around the other forums though.

thanks girls for not minding if i stop by...id love to have a disney wedding someday, but for now, i just enjoy reading the reports and looking at pictures!

Kryssi... :grouphug: I'm so sorry...I sent you a PM...please don't disappear from here forever...you were one of the first people to welcome me here when I started this thread...You are one of my Jersey girls...we need you around here!

I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say that you are very loved and always welcome here... :grouphug: We're all sending evil thoughts towards a very deserving soul! :stir: ;) Not like really bad hurt evil...but maybe trip and fall in front of a large crowd...or suddenly have an intestinal attack and not be able to find a bathroom...again in a crowd...or mysteriously develop a constant and painful bout of loud gas...again...in a crowd...y'know...it's all about reminding him where he is on the "YOu are a total JERK" scale... :teeth:

love you love you please don't disappear!!!

Katy.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I could always count on you to make me laugh! Don't worry, I'll still be around...someone has to calm all the meltdowns of you Jersey/Disney Brides!

Thanks for the lovely (and evil :stir: ) wishes.

Anyways...so I'm not a Disney Bride for now...doesn't mean it won't happen sometime in the future. Here's to positive thinking!

Love you all :grouphug:
Kryssi

Hey My Jersey Girls!!!

just wanted to send a shout out...hope everyone is doing well!!! I'm getting so close I can hardly believe it. Trying to slow down, stop being such a "grumpyboots" as my sister calls me every so often and remember to count my blessings...I must STOP talking to Tony Soprano about hits on troublesome vendors...that isn't very polite. ;)

I actually said something like that to my grammy in Texas after a particularly frustrating exchange with the tent guy...her response was "Well baby, that doesn't sound very polite...remember honey, God don't like ugly and he isn't fond of yankees either, the way they go on...perhaps if you pray for him and then have some iced tea and you'll feel better..." :lmao:

prayer and iced tea...grammy's solution for all! Never fear all you Yankees...(not baseball players) Grammy prays for y'all every night!!

I hope everyone is well and happy!!!

Where is everyone at in the planning process?

princess: :wizard:

Hi Girls! Well my wedding is less than 2 months away!! I can't wait. I got my dress this weekend when I went home to NJ. It is so pretty, but it is so big that if I don't hold it up it falls down!! Now that isn't a bad thing.. Just means I lost weight... :cool1: I will have to get it fixed down here in Virginia Beach!

WOOHOO!!! GO KIM!!! Isn't that a nice feeling...when your clothes are too big?! I LOVE that!! When I tried on my dress that was to fit perfectly it was too big everywhere...the salon owner gave me a very dirty look and said "You promised you would not lose any weight...so go have a cheeseburger and some twinkies and come back in an hour!" :rotfl: She fixed it, but I have one more fitting in August...I've been threatened as we won't have time to do any more alterations! Man don't mess with those salon owners...this chick must be Jersey!;)

congrats hun...you must be dancing on pixie dust!! :goodvibes

Hey my Jersey Girls...anybody out there? I've got 75 days to go...ceremony to organize, programs to finish...just dropped invitations off to calligrapher...hrmmm...what else...oh, gotta go weigh invitation and get stamps and such...

feeling lonely and thinking about M&M's a lot...lost another 3 pounds...now wedding corset/undies push up thing is too big...have annoyed fiance b/c I can't take it back but have to get a new one... :rolleyes:

how's everybody else? Hellooooo...anybody there? Hello...hello... ;)

Whilykit and Kryssi --- you guys are getting married in 10 days!!! Holy cow!!! :banana: That means I'm only 40 days behind you... ohmygoodness!!! :woohoo:

How are you guys doing? Hope everything goes as you had hoped. I also wanted to bump this thread up for any other/new NJ Brides out there...
Us Jersey girls have to stick together... :goodvibes :thumbsup2 :sunny:

:cool1: HOLY CRAP!
i leave in 7 days!!!!!!
I cant believe it!
Most stuff is done, im not stressing much, I just want to be on a plane! :banana: :banana:

This whole year has gone so fast, so much good a lil bit of bad - I finally have the celiac thing undercontrol. Lost 7 pounds! just by cutting out the gluten! good for something...
Im bringing the laptop and my camera, so Ill be sure to keep you girls updated!

Ohmygoodness!!! I'm glad your health is better. :goodvibes I hope I'm as organized as you when I'm only 7 days out... ;)

Keep us updated!!! I'll look forward to a TR when you get back. :thumbsup2 :wizard:

OMG I am new here and just started reading through these older posts and I am dying! I am from Central Jersey too! I decided a looooong time ago that I wasn't going to get married in Jersey but my brother did and his wife is from a "huge Italian family" so there were a ton of people there and they spent a fortune. We haven't started planning our wedding yet but our parents already know it is going to be in Disney in 2008.

Just thought I would chime in since I am a Jersey Girl too! :)

Welcome to the board!! :welcome: Us Jersey girls like to stay in groups!!! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Stick around and you'll have lots t :grouphug: o learn. :thumbsup2

AHHHHHHH! I leave tomorrow.... all the serenity I have been feeling ... OUT THE WINDOW... i dont know what to pack first? Im opening a bottle of wine.... everyone keeps saying.. just go with it, if you forget something.. oh well...

stressin here! :badpc:

Whilykit said:
AHHHHHHH! I leave tomorrow.... all the serenity I have been feeling ... OUT THE WINDOW... i dont know what to pack first? Im opening a bottle of wine.... everyone keeps saying.. just go with it, if you forget something.. oh well...

stressin here! :badpc:

Oh my goodness!!! YOu must be soooooooooo excited!! I know I'll be freaking out the same way in about 30 days. :rotfl: No worries. They are right though, if you forget anything, you can just get it there. I think that's the real reason there are so many Walmarts around the Disney property... :rotfl2: :lmao: Just remember the big things and you'll be fine. :goodvibes Good luck and have a safe trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back and see lots of pics!!! Have fun!! :sunny:

I can't believe how many of you are from Jersey, too! I'm from Union County but DF and I are both ready for a change and are hoping to move within the next couple years (to FL if I get my way :thumbsup2 )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter