• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Camper Advance Edit Mode/Loop Renovations

Did they turn camping loops into cabin loops or did they build new loops for the cabins?

I don't recall what year exactly they set up the cabins, but they created loops especially for the cabins.

When we first stayed at FtW in 1974, there were only a few loops - IIRC, only 100-500. Little by little they added loops. 1600-1900 were added in 1987, and I think the 2000 loop was added in 1988 or 1989.

The older carts have the aluminum posts for the roofs.

Do you guys think they are not going to change the loops that they had planned to change to premium?

I am concerned cause I upgraded our preferred to the premium for our December trip when I first learned about them. Wonder what will happen if they don't?? :confused3 Will they go back to my original reservation with the preferred site???:confused3 :confused:

havent been to the fort yet, will be Oct. 2009...question is, will/does each loop have all of the same kind of site or are do they have a variety of sites in each loop. like loop ### is all preferred and loop ### is all premium....etc. Just wondering....

I just wish they would make up their blasted mind and let me get a "preferred"/full hookup...."premium"/preferred is for the birds...I have a golf cart and a dish...why do I need to pay extra to be closer? Bah Humbug...:headache:

I find it hard to believe that FW is not a cash cow to them on a regular basis. The land required a minimal investment of upgrading from swamp to campground. There were no multi-million dollar hotels built and to maintain. It requires the least amount of personnel to run, to least amount of linens to wash, the least amount of tolietries to stock, etc. etc. etc. Most of us who stay there make up the lack of spending of food in other parts of Disney, so they get their money either way. We all leave broke, bringing food or buying theirs. :headache:

I just wish they would make up their blasted mind and let me get a "preferred"/full hookup...."premium"/preferred is for the birds...I have a golf cart and a dish...why do I need to pay extra to be closer? Bah Humbug...:headache:

I find it hard to believe that FW is not a cash cow to them on a regular basis. The land required a minimal investment of upgrading from swamp to campground. There were no multi-million dollar hotels built and to maintain. It requires the least amount of personnel to run, to least amount of linens to wash, the least amount of tolietries to stock, etc. etc. etc. Most of us who stay there make up the lack of spending of food in other parts of Disney, so they get their money either way. We all leave broke, bringing food or buying theirs. :headache:

Yeah.....what she said!!!!!! LOL
pirate:

havent been to the fort yet, will be Oct. 2009...question is, will/does each loop have all of the same kind of site or are do they have a variety of sites in each loop. like loop ### is all preferred and loop ### is all premium....etc. Just wondering....

I think each loop will have one kind of site. Like Loop 1400 will eventually be a premium loop.
Isn't that how they are now? :confused3 Are there different sites in one loop? Just curious.

I think each loop will have one kind of site. Like Loop 1400 will eventually be a premium loop.
Isn't that how they are now? :confused3 Are there different sites in one loop? Just curious.

that is what i heard, but they have ONLY released the most expensive ones, hence my anger...and the draining of what is left of my cc

I understand your frustration. :headache: Those are ridiculous rates. I thought things would be going down. December 09 might be out of the questions for us with the gas prices and with rates like that. We never seem to get the AAA discount.

As far as the cabin loops. When looping one day last October, I saw what looked like a comfort station in the middle of the 2100 loop, but no way to access it. So 2100 may have been a camping loop converted to cabins.

The CS you speak of Carol, is actually located in the 1100 loop. There is a sidewalk next to one of the cabins in 2100 to get to it. I have yet to figure out why they put that sidewalk in. It wasn't there in 2002, but was in 2003. The only reason I can think of is so that the people staying in 2100 are closer to a location to do their laundry rather than the laundry center by the "little" pool. But...that's just my guess.

OK. Makes sense. I wasn't looking too closely.

We stayed in 1100 once and noticed a few times that groups of kids would come from the cabin loop and take showers, presumably while the adults got dressed in the cabin.
The one problem we had was people cutting through our site to get to the bus stop. Realizing that (as Pete says) they arent REAL campers they wouldnt know the serious breach of etiquette a "cut through" represents. It was unsettling having people come walking through your site at all hours while you are sitting enjoying a meal or whatever, some even walked right under the awning and across the concrete pad. :mad:
I got tired of politely trying to explain the problem and we strung a clothesline or 2 across the back of the site so they would cut through the neighbors. :rolleyes1

I don't recall what year exactly they set up the cabins, but they created loops especially for the cabins.

When we first stayed at FtW in 1974, there were only a few loops - IIRC, only 100-500. Little by little they added loops. 1600-1900 were added in 1987, and I think the 2000 loop was added in 1988 or 1989.

That's my understanding, but I only go back to 1984 as a regular and IIRC there were cabins there within the loop roads, but those closer to the Outpost where the second pool is were added after 1984.

Larry

Totally agree:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I don't appreciate having to pay for cable when I don't need it and wish they would just keep the full hookup designation.

Totally agree:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I don't appreciate having to pay for cable when I don't need it and wish they would just keep the full hookup designation.

I had also heard that they are going to keep 1900 as full hook up, but geesh, I don't want to break any more bones this year. The drop offs are terrible and the pads really small.

We stayed in 1100 once and noticed a few times that groups of kids would come from the cabin loop and take showers, presumably while the adults got dressed in the cabin.
The one problem we had was people cutting through our site to get to the bus stop. Realizing that (as Pete says) they arent REAL campers they wouldnt know the serious breach of etiquette a "cut through" represents. It was unsettling having people come walking through your site at all hours while you are sitting enjoying a meal or whatever, some even walked right under the awning and across the concrete pad. :mad:
I got tired of politely trying to explain the problem and we strung a clothesline or 2 across the back of the site so they would cut through the neighbors. :rolleyes1

That what happened to us Memorial Day-- the group campers kept cutting across our site. It got old real fast when about 30 kids came running through one morning as we were having breakfast.:confused3

As far as the cabin loops. When looping one day last October, I saw what looked like a comfort station in the middle of the 2100 loop, but no way to access it. So 2100 may have been a camping loop converted to cabins.

OK. Makes sense. I wasn't looking too closely.

Deb-

Actually, Carol is right about the old comfort station in the middle of the 2100 loop. As you pointed out, there is a comfort station located between the 1100 loop and the 2100 loop, but there is also one smack dab in the middle of the 2100 loop. According to this old map, the 2100 loop was originally a camping loop. Now, it is a cabin loop, and the old comfort station is used as a maintenance headquarters for the cabins.

FWMap1970sRailroad.jpg

Also, the sidewalk from the 2100 loop to the 1100 loop comfort station was there before 1998, as I remember using it when we stayed in the original Wilderness Homes, and then the cabins that replaced them on this loop in 1998.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter