Disney Chase Card

I have the Premier Visa. That's what I am wondering, if I should pay with a credit card to get the rewards or pay cash for the DGCs.
We have the Premier Visa, too, and it gives back 2% in rewards. We can buy DGCs at 5% off with our Target Red Card all the time, and during the time we were paying down the cruise we were able to take advantage of a number of sales at Best Buy, Sam’s and Costco that gave us even greater discounts.

However, the other advantage to using the Disney Visa would have been the 6 months no interest for each payment made with the Visa, whereas the bill for the DGCs came due per the billing period for whatever CC we used to pay for them. Fortunately we didn’t need the 6 months no interest.

We have the Premier Visa, too, and it gives back 2% in rewards. We can buy DGCs at 5% off with our Target Red Card all the time, and during the time we were paying down the cruise we were able to take advantage of a number of sales at Best Buy, Sam’s and Costco that gave us even greater discounts.

However, the other advantage to using the Disney Visa would have been the 6 months no interest for each payment made with the Visa, whereas the bill for the DGCs came due per the billing period for whatever CC we used to pay for them. Fortunately we didn’t need the 6 months no interest.
Thanks for this!! I've seen the discounts for the giftcards at Best Buy, do you have to use a credit card for those? We have a Target Red Card and Costco membership.

Thanks for this!! I've seen the discounts for the giftcards at Best Buy, do you have to use a credit card for those? We have a Target Red Card and Costco membership.
You don’t have to use the Best Buy CC there - many people here on the Budget Board would use a CC that gives them cash back, stacking that with the discount. If you read the Gift Card and Credit Card threads on this forum, you can pick up quite a lot of ideas for maximizing savings!

pay cash for the DGCs.

I'm not sure if you meant you were buying gift cards or were using the Disney rewards dollars as such.

I believe @CarolynFH was referring to purchasing discounted gift cards from Target and other stores at a 5% or more savings and then using those to pay off the cruise rather than getting the 2% or 1% back in Disney rewards.

You could just put the deposit down, earn your 2% back since you have the Premier and have 0% for 6 months. Then you could pay the rest with a bigger savings with the Discounted Disney Gift Cards

As @CarolynFH stated you don’t need a BB credit card but for some of the gift card deals they require you to be a total tech member or whatever they call their paid membership program.

That’s the way it works when paying for a Disney cruise. Each payment you make has its own 6-months no-interest period from the date you made the payment (not from the end of that billing period).

When you get your statement, it will say something like “pay this amount to avoid interest charges,” and of course you can pay the balances down faster if you want.
I want to be clear on what you mean...so I've booked at trip for August 2025, a split stay so I have 2 separate reservations. I have a Disney Visa. If I make payments on the trip and say make 5 separate payments on each reservation, will I have 6 months interest free for each payment ? Is that how that works?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I want to be clear on what you mean...so I've booked at trip for August 2025, a split stay so I have 2 separate reservations. I have a Disney Visa. If I make payments on the trip and say may 5 separate payments on each reservation, will I have 6 months interest free for each payment ? Is that how that works?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, six months interest free on each payment from the date you made the payment. For instance, say that your account closes on the 21st of the month. On the 10th of the month you make a payment of $200 on your cruise. You'll have six months from the 10th, not six months from the 21st, to pay off that $200 without incurring interest charges.

Yes, six months interest free on each payment from the date you made the payment. For instance, say that your account closes on the 21st of the month. On the 10th of the month you make a payment of $200 on your cruise. You'll have six months from the 10th, not six months from the 21st, to pay off that $200 without incurring interest charges.
For example, for one of my reservations, the cost is $3923.13. I can pay it off with 10 equal payments of 392. 32 over a span of 10 months and each payment would be interest free for 6 months?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter