Disney Chase Card

simonsayz

Loving Dis!
Hello everyone,

So I booked a trip for Dec 1 2024 and I have the Disney Visa Card since forever and have until Nov 1st to pay the full balance
If I start using the Disney Visa to pay down the balance monthly. Will the payment on the Disney Visa qualify for the 6 months interest-free?

For example, if I pay $500 towards the Disney Reservation Balance with the Disney Visa. Will the $500 be interest-free for the next 6 months?
Reason for this is, I rather do small increments spread out rather than a lump sum for 6 months.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

So I booked a trip for Dec 1 2024 and I have the Disney Visa Card since forever and have until Nov 1st to pay the full balance
If I start using the Disney Visa to pay down the balance monthly. Will the payment on the Disney Visa qualify for the 6 months interest-free?

For example, if I pay $500 towards the Disney Reservation Balance with the Disney Visa. Will the $500 be interest-free for the next 6 months?
Reason for this is, I rather do small increments spread out rather than a lump sum for 6 months.

Thanks!
That is a great question. While I have a Disney visa ironically I have never used it for Disney.

Obviously this would depend on your comfort level, credit line and amount of the package but could you instead move money every month into an online High Yield Savings. With depositing money there it’s like you are paying the card and then make the full payment on November 1st. You would then continue to earn interest on that money and would have 0% from that date instead. Of course you would still need to make minimum payments during the 0% period.

That is a great question. While I have a Disney visa ironically I have never used it for Disney.

Obviously this would depend on your comfort level, credit line and amount of the package but could you instead move money every month into an online High Yield Savings. With depositing money there it’s like you are paying the card and then make the full payment on November 1st. You would then continue to earn interest on that money and would have 0% from that date instead. Of course you would still need to make minimum payments during the 0% period.
thanks, but my money is already in a high-yield interest. I am just trying to leverage the 0% interest-free and spread it thin so I don't have to upfront the money all at once.

I use the 6 month interest free for every trip, but this time I want to utilize it on a different strategy.

thanks, but my money is already in a high-yield interest. I am just trying to leverage the 0% interest-free and spread it thin so I don't have to upfront the money all at once.

I use the 6 month interest free for every trip, but this time I want to utilize it on a different strategy.
You would get the most time at 0% if you made one lump sum in November.

If you split the payments it’s possible that each would be 0% (again no experience here) on from that date. That ultimately costs you more in the long run as you are pulling it from the high interest account.

Everybody’s situation is unique and the only reason I would go down that route would be if the trip was $25 and my CL was $20 so obviously I wouldn’t be able to take advantage of paying it all in one lump sum.

You would get the most time at 0% if you made one lump sum in November.

If you split the payments it’s possible that each would be 0% (again no experience here) on from that date. That ultimately costs you more in the long run as you are pulling it from the high interest account.

Everybody’s situation is unique and the only reason I would go down that route would be if the trip was $25 and my CL was $20 so obviously I wouldn’t be able to take advantage of paying it all in one lump sum.
My situation is a bit different.
So for instance, I put $600 (to make it easier to calculate) in Feb 2024, this will average out $100 a month to pay without interest. Granted each month if I keep doing it, my amount will change per month to pay.

If i pay lump sum in Nov 2024 and say it is $6000. I would have to pay $1000 per month.
I am not really looking at the high yield interest since that's minimal to me. I am more focused on cash flow. If that make sense.

My situation is a bit different.
So for instance, I put $600 (to make it easier to calculate) in Feb 2024, this will average out $100 a month to pay without interest. Granted each month if I keep doing it, my amount will change per month to pay.

If i pay lump sum in Nov 2024 and say it is $6000. I would have to pay $1000 per month.
I am not really looking at the high yield interest since that's minimal to me. I am more focused on cash flow. If that make sense.
You do not have to pay anything more than the minimum with the 0% which is what I would do.

Yes your % used on your card will be higher this way but if you’re not applying for anything else in the meantime it shouldn’t matter much.

Sorry I’m not much help. Hopefully someone else knows if the 0% can be used the way you want.

Hello everyone,

Thanks!
That’s the way it works when paying for a Disney cruise. Each payment you make has its own 6-months no-interest period from the date you made the payment (not from the end of that billing period).

When you get your statement, it will say something like “pay this amount to avoid interest charges,” and of course you can pay the balances down faster if you want.

Did you book a package for Disney World directly with Disney? So room and tickets? If so, then it will qualify for the zero percent interest

That’s the way it works when paying for a Disney cruise. Each payment you make has its own 6-months no-interest period from the date you made the payment (not from the end of that billing period).

When you get your statement, it will say something like “pay this amount to avoid interest charges,” and of course you can pay the balances down faster if you want.
I was thinking this is the case, thanks for the confirmation

yup, i always book it directly with Disney and always a package.
I’m not a Traavel Agent (Travel is purposely misspelled to avoid the ad link) but I have friends that are. Maybe you have friends that are as well. You can transfer a reservation to them within 30 days or book your next one with them. You don’t pay them anything and it is the exact same price and 0% as Disney. Disney just pays them a commission instead of keeping it for themselves.

Glad you have your answer though!!

I’m not a Traavel Agent (Travel is purposely misspelled to avoid the ad link) but I have friends that are. Maybe you have friends that are as well. You can transfer a reservation to them within 30 days or book your next one with them. You don’t pay them anything and it is the exact same price and 0% as Disney. Disney just pays them a commission instead of keeping it for themselves.

Glad you have your answer though!!
I only use a travel agent if I am booking many, many months in advance and am hoping for a better discount, as I don't really like having to monitor my reservation for a better rate and then going thru the re-booking hassles. The other time I'll use a TA is if the agency is giving a discount or gift card for booking thru them. I find using a TA annoying, because if a TA makes the reservation, they "own" it and not me. It means I can't make online payments on my reservation; I have to either call Disney or make the payment through the TA. Same with dining reservations: If the TA makes the reservation, they are the only ones who can change or cancel the reservation. I prefer to control all my own travel planning, but there are times when it's beneficial for me to use the TA... so I do!

I only use a travel agent if I am booking many, many months in advance and am hoping for a better discount, as I don't really like having to monitor my reservation for a better rate and then going thru the re-booking hassles. The other time I'll use a TA is if the agency is giving a discount or gift card for booking thru them. I find using a TA annoying, because if a TA makes the reservation, they "own" it and not me. It means I can't make online payments on my reservation; I have to either call Disney or make the payment through the TA. Same with dining reservations: If the TA makes the reservation, they are the only ones who can change or cancel the reservation. I prefer to control all my own travel planning, but there are times when it's beneficial for me to use the TA... so I do!
I can only speak from my experience but with my GF I can pay online with any form of payment for any amount except for GC which Disney limits to $1,000. I also can make my own ADR’s. As long as you have the confirmation linked to mde Disney will let you book at 60 days out. She asks if she needs to book anything but we just decline and do it ourselves.

The TA was only suggested if the OP had a friend that she could help out.

I can only speak from my experience but with my GF I can pay online with any form of payment for any amount except for GC which Disney limits to $1,000. I also can make my own ADR’s. As long as you have the confirmation linked to mde Disney will let you book at 60 days out. She asks if she needs to book anything but we just decline and do it ourselves.

The TA was only suggested if the OP had a friend that she could help out.
No, I get that, wasn't criticizing, just giving my point of view. I always make my own ADRs, TA or not, once I link my resort confirmation number in MDE.

I don't use a TA since I rather have control. I've been to Disney enough to know what works for me plus with the ADR, I don't believe any TA would be as helpful if I can't get something I end up constantly searching until I get the day and time that I want. TA have other clients to handle so mine won't be priority. At least that's how I see it.

I don't use a TA since I rather have control. I've been to Disney enough to know what works for me plus with the ADR, I don't believe any TA would be as helpful if I can't get something I end up constantly searching until I get the day and time that I want. TA have other clients to handle so mine won't be priority. At least that's how I see it.
That is understandable it was just a suggestion. Feel free to book and pay however you want as this is YOUR money and YOUR vacation. I AM NOT a TA and I just suggested it if you had a friend that you felt comfortable I was not recommending you call up a company or person to work with.

Again if you did have a friend make the reservation, you still have full control it just shows your friend as the person getting commission instead of Disney everything else is still the same.

I manage everything and pay the same price as if going through Disney but my gf gets a little something and doesn't have to do anything.

Does anyone know if booking a Disney vacation with the Disney Chase Visa gives you rewards dollars? I'm booking with my Disney TA..

Does anyone know if booking a Disney vacation with the Disney Chase Visa gives you rewards dollars? I'm booking with my Disney TA..
Yes it does. The % you get back depends on which card you have. We got points for the payments we made with our Disney Visa towards our DCL cruise - but we paid most of it with discounted DGCs, because the discounts were greater than the rewards would have been.

Yes it does. The % you get back depends on which card you have. We got points for the payments we made with our Disney Visa towards our DCL cruise - but we paid most of it with discounted DGCs, because the discounts were greater than the rewards would have been.
I have the Premier Visa. That's what I am wondering, if I should pay with a credit card to get the rewards or pay cash for the DGCs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter