• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise Schedule for 2012?

i too would love to see a ship out of NY.

it's still a day's drive for us but only a day instead of 2 1/2 day drive.

i've been thinking about taking the New England/Canada cruise but haven't yet. We would in a heart beat if Disney offered it.

Eastern Canada, like New England, is beautiful in the Autumn.

very interesting read. it's a very outdated law but one that the ships aren't in any hurry to have changed. if they ships were American Flagged they would have to pay American wages which would cause the them to either go out of business or cause the fairs to jump which may stop people from cruising and they company's could go out of business

To the OP....sorry this got off track....keep checking the Dis to find out any further information about booking dates and itineraries for 2012. As soon as someone finds anything out they will be sure to post.

MJ

how does DCL get around the law when they sail to Key West first? Always wondered about that one.

how does DCL get around the law when they sail to Key West first? Always wondered about that one.

My understanding is you just have to have a foreign port in the itenerary somewhere. There are plenty of Alaska cruises that go out of Seattle and they all stop in Victoria last, before coming back to Seattle.

They can't transport passengers from one US port to another US port...In other words, they can't provide a transportation service. They can't "permanently" disembark the passengers at Key West. Everyone that gets off must get back on.

I would love to see the Magic or Wonder cruise out of Galveston, TX! :love: We need some cruises out of the middle of the country rather than just the 2 coasts. Plus, the weather in TX is conducive to winter month cruises, which Europe and NYC are not.

If the Magic is to be the Ambassador, please DCL, don't forget us here in TX!!:flower3:

I would love to see the Magic or Wonder cruise out of Galveston, TX! :love: We need some cruises out of the middle of the country rather than just the 2 coasts. Plus, the weather in TX is conducive to winter month cruises, which Europe and NYC are not.

If the Magic is to be the Ambassador, please DCL, don't forget us here in TX!!:flower3:

I think the problem with this would be that their itineraries wouldn't be any different then they are now. In a week, they'd just be able to do a western Caribbean cruise. and if they do that, they'd rather do it from FL where they can tie it into WDW.

I would definately be booking any DCL cruise out of NYC.

I am just sick of flying!! It has gotten to be such a hassle. The rules keep changing. I just paid $240 to BA to guarantee my seat selection. I want to be close to my children and have an aisle seat.

My understanding is you just have to have a foreign port in the itenerary somewhere. There are plenty of Alaska cruises that go out of Seattle and they all stop in Victoria last, before coming back to Seattle.

They all have to stop in a Canadian port, but it doesn't have to be Victoria.

Maybe when the Fantasy is in the water we could see some cruises out of the NY/Bayonne area? Anyone think that could be likely?

i except the magic to be there starting in late 2012. just my opinion.
they have to put the magic somewhere and we know it will not be at port canaveral. new york or bayonne will be the perfect area. you got how many millions of people that live close. dcl should have no problem selling out the magic in that area.

I would love it if DCL went out of NYC. We are planning a trip in 2012 and that would make life so much easier!

Sorry if this is OT, but do you think that the Wonder will continue doing the Mexico/Alaska rotation or any hints that it might change? Thanks!

Sorry if this is OT, but do you think that the Wonder will continue doing the Mexico/Alaska rotation or any hints that it might change? Thanks!

I believe at this time, the plan is to leave the Wonder out on the west coast. My opinion, for it to be successful, they won't do Mexican Rivera cruises year-round -- so future summers in Alaska are a good possibility. But I also think they'll be looking at other alternatives for itineraries out there. (I like the possibility of Hawaii but that might be a few years away!)

Maybe when the Fantasy is in the water we could see some cruises out of the NY/Bayonne area? Anyone think that could be likely?

I would guess they would first test the waters on how the Van/Alaska cruises fare.

I think part of the appeal of the DCL that sail from Domestic ports is that cruisers have the opportunity to engage in a full land/sea Disney experience with their hotels and theme parks in either CA or FLA.

I believe at this time, the plan is to leave the Wonder out on the west coast. My opinion, for it to be successful, they won't do Mexican Rivera cruises year-round -- so future summers in Alaska are a good possibility. But I also think they'll be looking at other alternatives for itineraries out there. (I like the possibility of Hawaii but that might be a few years away!)

With the new resort in Hawaii, that would make good sense...

And usually the new official schedule will be out in the fall?

I am considering doing an Alaska cruise in 2011, but would prefer to wait until 2012 if possible (and if Alaska cruises are still going), but I don't want to wait too long to book my cruise! What to do??

I guess I should be grateful to have such problems, huh? :laughing:

And usually the new official schedule will be out in the fall?

I am considering doing an Alaska cruise in 2011, but would prefer to wait until 2012 if possible (and if Alaska cruises are still going), but I don't want to wait too long to book my cruise! What to do??

I guess I should be grateful to have such problems, huh? :laughing:

We should know by this fall what DCL has planned for 2012. What I would do (if you can afford to have the deposit sitting out there now) is book the 2011 Alaska. Then if they announce Alaska for 2012 you can move your dates. If they don't go to Alaska in 2012, you'll be booked for 2011 now, rather than when rates might go up later (the big booking time for Alaska cruises is Sept/Oct).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter