Disney Daily Birthdays – July Exercise Challenge

July 11 is my birthday, too! :cake::bday::cake:

I love the PeopleMover! Thanks for the cool picture and thanks for hosting! I'm gonna join in again and try, try, try to do a better job this month. I feel so much better when I am exercising regularly. Why do I let myself get off track??? Please put me down for 900 minutes (again). :thanks:

We seem to have quite a few July birthdays in this Disney birthday themed challenge! party:

after the big push to finish last month, I took a needed rest day yesterday.

Today it's packing the bags and heading up to our neighbors to the North again. My dh is doing a triathalon and I am the designated "sherpa". So I'll be off the grid until Tuesday.

Take care, and I'll catch up with all of you when I return.

Rest is an important part of fitness! :flower3: Have fun up North and sherpas get to go shopping, drink, hang out by the pool and do other fun stuff, right? ;)

A run on my own and a hot run the first night of running group brings me to 118/1000. :sunny:

We're on day 2 of the challenge and doing great so far - we even have our first color changers!
Congratulations to lisah0711 & Tasha228, who are both Disney California Adventure Blue!

If you're looking for something blue (or something new) at Disney California Adventure, you may want to head over to Blue Sky Cellar!
walt-disney-imagineering-blue-sky-cellar-00.jpg

Although it is currently closed, Blue Sky Cellar has been used in the past as a preview area, showing guests what they can expect to see coming soon at the Disneyland Resort.

And now, on to our daily birthday ...
On July 2nd, 1985, the world was first introduced to future Disney Channel star Ashley Tisdale.

MV5BMTUyMjg5NzIyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODc3Mzc3._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Ashley played Maddie Fitzpatrick in the Disney Channel Original Series The Suite Life of Zack & Cody before gaining prominence as Sharpay Evans in the High School Musical films. She has continued to have a successful film career, and has released two studio albums. She remains involved in Disney-related projects, voicing Candace Flynn on the Disney Channel animated series Phineas and Ferb and serving as an executive producer for the ABC Family series Young & Hungry, on which she has also made several guest appearances. She is also staring on the (non-Disney) TBS show Clipped, which is currently in its first season.

Happy 30th birthday, Ashley!

70 minutes at the gym (getting so frustrated with my squat form, my trainer pointed out that my tush pops out too much at the bottom, so I've had to deload and I just cannot get it right; on the plus side I may have figured out my deadlift problems FINALLY), plus an extra ten from a short jog last night.

160/1200

Great job getting all the exercise minutes in, guys!

First post is up to date, and we've got some more color changers, which I'll announce tomorrow morning (if you can't wait that long, the colors are already changed on the front page).

July 2nd isn't even over yet, and we're just over 5% as a team - can we make it to 10% and Disney California Adventure Blue by the end of the weekend? Keep posting those minutes and lets see if we can do it!

As for me...
63 minutes running/walking
110/1200

The great check ins kept coming in yesterday, and we've got 4 new members of Disney California Adventure Blue:
chbc
galaxygirl76
LizardQueen8
Trith

Congrats, guys! I know we'll be seeing a few more people join you soon!

Today we're celebrating the birthday of the latest generation of monorail cars, the Mark VII model.

4_08_DL_02201-613x490.jpg

Monorail Red made its debut at Disneyland on July 3rd, 2008, travelling from Tomorrowland Station to Downtown Disney.

Three Mark VII Monorails are currently in use at Disneyland – Monorail Red, Monorail Blue, and Monorail Orange.

Happy 7th birthday, Mark VII Monorail Red!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter