Disney Daily Birthdays – July Exercise Challenge

We are having unseasonable crazy heat here, too. :sunny: I've been having to do my training plan runs in the morning when it's cool and then run a shorter run with running group at night because running more than a mile when it's in the high 90's doesn't work for me. :sad2: Make for some awesome numbers though! :thumbsup2 65 minutes run/walk which brings me to 183/1000.

I love the monorail birthday! :cool2: One of the best monorail rides we ever had was at DL when you could still ride in the front at night going back into the park and seeing IASW lit up in it's holiday spendor. :love:

Keep up the good work everyone!:cheer2:

I love the monorail birthday! :cool2: One of the best monorail rides we ever had was at DL when you could still ride in the front at night going back into the park and seeing IASW lit up in it's holiday spendor. :love:

That is awesome!
I've actually never ridden the monorail at DL (I hadn't ridden it at WDW either before a few months ago), but it's something I want to try to do on my next trip out west (of course, no riding in the front anymore, and the holiday decorations won't be there if I go in August or September, which is the current plan, but ... it'll still be nice to see the park from the monorail).

25 minutes for yesterday - We actually went to the mall before the stores opened to walk in the air conditioning. - So I'm up to 60/620, right on track for my 20 min/day, but no cushion to be lazy today. (Then again, we'll probably have to park so far from the fireworks tonight, I won't be able to help getting in a good walk!)

Not at Disneyland, but at Disney World, we did get to ride to ride in the front of the monorail one trip. DS was five, and had no idea you could do that until we got in. He had a blast!

I am adding 40 minutes. 25 minutes run (with walk intervals - great tip @SarahDisney!), 5 minutes warm up and 10 minutes cool down.

75/800

Also picked up the foam roller that I ordered and tried it out. Not sure what I think of it... I find it a bit difficult to properly roll my muscles. I guess I need to find better instructions - or watch the DVD that came with it!! Does anyone of you have a foam roller and can recommend some good instructions on how to do it??

10 minutes for me on Friday (nothing Saturday)

120/1200

I'll update the first post in the morning (along with 2 days worth of birthdays, since I missed July 4th!), but I wanted to share some exciting news ...

OUR TEAM IS NOW DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE BLUE!!
At least according to my spreadsheet we are ... I'll have all the official update (including some great color changes and our first Animal Kingdom Orange) some time within the next 12 hours. I hope.

Happy 4th of July!!
Finished my last LONG run - 12 miles, let the taper fiesta begin!!
165 run/walk
200/1000
:rainbow: party:

:woohoo:Woo hoo for taper! It's my favorite part of training for a race! :rotfl: Enjoy it and know that you put in all the work to have a great race soon. :cool2:

60 minutes walking around historic Cambridge, England, where I will be for the next week.

Oooo, I would love to hear more about your trip! :cool2: Safe travels.

OUR TEAM IS NOW DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE BLUE!!
At least according to my spreadsheet we are ... I'll have all the official update (including some great color changes and our first Animal Kingdom Orange) some time within the next 12 hours. I hope.

:woohoo:Woo hoo! We are Disney California Adventure Blue! :yay: Keep up the good work team!

Thanks for hostessing and keeping track of us, too, Sarah! :thanks:

140 minutes of some walking and a LOT of yard work brings me to 323/1000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter