Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Hi Lisa! I haven't posted in so long. I got months behind but I'm all caught up now. I was so excited to read about your dessert party because I'm going in December. You sure where lucky to get an ADR, I think that one has got to be the hardest one in all of WDW. For the party I wanted to go to, the reservations did not open up at 180 days. So I obsessively checked pretty much every 5 minutes for about two weeks until they were finally available.

First, to confirm what Kathy said, I was also told on my KTTK tour that Tinkerbell is a female and has to be under a certain height and weight!

We weren't told anything about Tink but it does certainly make sense.

I'm glad no body came and took John away for ringing the bell! :rotfl2:

I was relieved!

I've ridden HM a couple of times when the stretch room was not full and it is certainly more pleasant to walk out without being shoved all around!

It's definitely a different experience when it's not so crowded.

Love all of the sword pull attempt pictures! :lmao:

People watching is great, but especially so at Disney!

We tried so hard to get the sword to come out but it wouldn't budge.:rolleyes:

I love Magic Kingdom at night :lovestruc If you remember me telling you we were there this same night. We probably walked right by each other some where :rotfl: Right before the parade we managed to get back to Big Thunder and Splash. The lines were pretty much a walk on.

I swear, we have got to be in each other's pictures somewhere!

Just joining. I have to go back and read fifty something pages!

WELCOME! I'm glad to have you here!

Hi Lisa! I haven't posted in so long. I got months behind but I'm all caught up now. I was so excited to read about your dessert party because I'm going in December. You sure where lucky to get an ADR, I think that one has got to be the hardest one in all of WDW. For the party I wanted to go to, the reservations did not open up at 180 days. So I obsessively checked pretty much every 5 minutes for about two weeks until they were finally available.

It can NOT be a coincidence that I was trying to read all of your report yesterday and here you are trying to catch up on mine. :rotfl: I subscribed to your's when you first started and then somehow got unsubscribed. I'm still not caught up.

It was tough getting an ADR for the dessert party. Thank goodness for Stacy!

[FONT="Comic Sa[SIZE="4"]
Come on in! The key’s under the mat!

Most of you know that Hollywood Studios hosts Star Wars Weekends during the months of May and June. Hoards of avid fans flock to the park in the hope of meeting some of the stars, designers, producers and the like (I know nothing about the actual names of people who work on films so I’m saying “the like” ;)) from the Star Wars movies, television shows, etc. We’ve been to two of them ourselves and Hunter enjoyed them. The rest of us? :confused3 Well, we couldn’t name five Star Wars characters to save our lives. Wait, I take that back. There’s Chewy, R2D2, C3PO, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and Harrison Ford. Okay, so Harrison Ford isn’t the character’s name but I know he was in one of the movies. So, I guess maybe I could name five characters and my life be spared. Six or more and I’m screwed! ::yes::

Anyway, I am not in any hurry to get back to Star Wars Weekends and Hunter hasn’t said much about it either so I plan around them. Our first Hollywood Studios visit for this trip was May 29th which was a Thursday.

Looking back at my 2014 trip itinerary, I see that our first Fastpasses for the day was at Tower of Terror but I don’t have a single picture of us walking that way and I think that I changed it to a later time. I do have pictures of us stopping and having our picture taken by the Photopass photographer (this was with my camera):

Next, we went towards Star Tours passing by Min and Bill’s:

I try to take pictures of the stand by wait times and it looks like I did but I can’t read the sign. I seem to remember that it was pretty short and we walked right on in.

Passing by C3PO before stopping:

These little dudes were there to greet us:

The line continued to move though slowly and we were soon being asked “how many in your party?” and directed to our right. We picked up our 3D glasses and watched the film above us:

as we stood in row:

The doors opened and we went all the way down the back row. I was seated on the very end and I figured that since I was in the corner, I might be able to get away with taking some pictures during our Star Tour. It was worth a shot and we still had bail money. Why not? Like on Soarin’, I made sure that the flash was closed and I held my finger over the red light on the front of the camera. Hunter was chosen as the Rebel Spy which I thought was pretty fitting since I was a Rebel Mother taking rebel pictures.

Looks like I wasn’t too much of a rebel after all since I only took two pictures. Maybe that’s why when the doors opened, there was no one standing there ready to tackle me and confiscate my camera. That or they figured the pictures turned out looking like crap anyway and it wasn’t worth their time. :rotfl: I’m sure that Hunter looked around in the store while John and I stood around with blank looks on our face. Remember, we know nothing about Star Wars.

Muppetvision 3D was next up on our list of attractions to see since it was just around the corner.

I took one picture of the fountain and it was taken from a weird angle:

**Continued in next post

[/SIZE]ns MS"][/FONT]

Now here’s a Stand By Line sign that I can read:

Looks like somebody left a sign out for the guests:

Come on in! The key’s under the mat!

We picked up our 3D glasses and walked into the pre-show area. There are so many cute things written on all of the props and I seem to see something new each time.

The doors to the theater opened and we hung back and let quite a few people go before us so that when they say “move all the way down the row” we wouldn’t be the first ones in and have to sit all the way down on the end. If we let people go on in, then there is a better chance that we’ll be sitting somewhere in the middle of a row. Luck was with us and we were right up front and in the center of the room. See...the sign is right above us:

And we were this close to the stage:

The curtain on the balcony opened and there were Statler and Waldorf:

The orchestra opened the show:

As always, the show was cute, the kids loved the bubbles, Sweetums made his appearance and John laughed like crazy when Miss Piggy went zooming by after her run-in with Beans the Bunny.

**Up next: Mr. Tumnus have you seen any extra eyeballs lying around?

Wait, you went to DHS and didn't run, I mean quickly walk, with everyone else right to Toy Story? :rotfl2:

Yay for Star Tours! And cool that Hunter was the rebel spy! :thumbsup2

I really enjoy Muppets 3D. Kinda sad that I didn't used to do that attraction because I thought I wouldn't like it, but I have the last 3 trips and it always makes me laugh! :rotfl:

Okay, all caught up.

Reading your trip report is like taking a walk down memory lane...well your memories....but still, very enjoyable.

We also live in Louisiana. We owned our own business for more than 10 years and had to close it earlier this year. After 3 months with no job, my husband picked up something part time.

Glad to see your husband got a job. It makes things less stressful.

Hunter was the rebel spy? I'm so jealous! I really want to be a rebel spy someday! It's on my bucket list! :rotfl:

Great pre-show pics from muppets. You got a lot of great details with those pics. I love the key under the mat! Classic!

I didn't know you guys weren't Star War fans, but I think you did a great job naming the characters! :thumbsup2

Lisa, WOW.....5 updates in one day! I'd like to thank your boss for not being in the office today and giving you the time to do some important things like doing a MEGA update to your TR. :cool1:

I LOVE STAR TOURS!!! It's so FUN! Rebel Mom is the best kind of Mom... PUSH Those limits..
I swear your trying to use that bail money this trip! :rotfl2:
ohh and the Muppets.. just love those little buggers. Grew up on the Muppet show!! Now you can understand why i'm nuts! :rolleyes1 you had awesome seating! all because you found the key! :thumbsup2

Okay, all caught up.

Reading your trip report is like taking a walk down memory lane...well your memories....but still, very enjoyable.

We also live in Louisiana. We owned our own business for more than 10 years and had to close it earlier this year. After 3 months with no job, my husband picked up something part time.

Glad to see your husband got a job. It makes things less stressful.

I'm so sorry to hear about your business! I don't care what the government says, I don't think that the economy is getting much better. There are so many people who are out of work.

Hunter was the rebel spy? I'm so jealous! I really want to be a rebel spy someday! It's on my bucket list! :rotfl:

Great pre-show pics from muppets. You got a lot of great details with those pics. I love the key under the mat! Classic!

I didn't know you guys weren't Star War fans, but I think you did a great job naming the characters! :thumbsup2

Yep, he was chosen as the Rebel Spy. I'm guessing it was because he had on the Chillin' Like A Villain shirt and birthday button on.

I love all of the details in the Muppetvision pre-show area. There's always something new to see.

I don't know a darn thing about Star Wars nor does John. Hunter, on the other hand, could probably name off a lot more characters.

Lisa, WOW.....5 updates in one day! I'd like to thank your boss for not being in the office today and giving you the time to do some important things like doing a MEGA update to your TR. :cool1:

I was an updating fool yesterday! With all that has been going on at home lately, I was in a bit of a blustery mood. Yesterday, I made a vow to myself to get happy and a way to do that was to write about our trip. Writing always makes me smile.

I LOVE STAR TOURS!!! It's so FUN! Rebel Mom is the best kind of Mom... PUSH Those limits..
I swear your trying to use that bail money this trip! :rotfl2:
ohh and the Muppets.. just love those little buggers. Grew up on the Muppet show!! Now you can understand why i'm nuts! :rolleyes1 you had awesome seating! all because you found the key! :thumbsup2

I guess that I brought along the extra "bail" money subconsciously just in case one of us did something out of the ordinary for "ordinary" people. For us, well, we are just not "ordinary" so it helps to keep money handy. :rotfl:

Wait, you went to DHS and didn't run, I mean quickly walk, with everyone else right to Toy Story? :rotfl2:

Yay for Star Tours! And cool that Hunter was the rebel spy! :thumbsup2

I really enjoy Muppets 3D. Kinda sad that I didn't used to do that attraction because I thought I wouldn't like it, but I have the last 3 trips and it always makes me laugh! :rotfl:

Oops, I just realized that when I posted replies, your's didn't get picked up in the multi-quote. :confused3

Anyway, nope we didn't join the walk not run to Toy Story Mania because we had a fastpass for later on. ;)

Muppetvision 3D is one of John's favorites for some reason. We all enjoy it but he always laughs...every....single....time.

You are an updating fool, my friend.

Why am I not surprised at all that John rang the bell? :lmao::lmao::lmao: I'm glad you didn't have to see him taken away with the Disney police.

Too bad that no one was able to get the sword pulled. I've yet to see anyone have success with that thing.

I am pretty sure you named at least one more Star Wars character than I could have. :thumbsup2

I was so tempted to try to take pics on Soarin', but I was afraid the Disney police would come for me and Mark would let them. Good for you sneaking a couple on Star Tours.

I ALWAYS forget to look for (or have Mark) the key under the mat. :(

Sounds like a great start to the day.

Wait, say that again?
You ..... know .... NOTHING .... about .... Star Wars?
How is that possible? Hasn't George Lucas spent millions trying to get everyone born since 1960 into a theater to watch those 9 or 10 movies? Not to mention several home video/disc releases. And a cartoon or two?
That just does not compute. On what planet have you been raising your kids? :beach::joker::rotfl2: Just funnin' ya, Lisa!

You are an updating fool, my friend.

Why am I not surprised at all that John rang the bell? :lmao::lmao::lmao: I'm glad you didn't have to see him taken away with the Disney police.

You know John well!

Too bad that no one was able to get the sword pulled. I've yet to see anyone have success with that thing.

One day, I'm going to pull it out of the stone. I just know it!

I am pretty sure you named at least one more Star Wars character than I could have. :thumbsup2

I was actually surprised that I could name as many as I did.

I was so tempted to try to take pics on Soarin', but I was afraid the Disney police would come for me and Mark would let them. Good for you sneaking a couple on Star Tours.

I really thought that I took more pictures but I guess that I didn't. Probably too scared to.

I ALWAYS forget to look for (or have Mark) the key under the mat. :(

Sounds like a great start to the day.

We usually forget too.

Wait, say that again?
You ..... know .... NOTHING .... about .... Star Wars?
How is that possible? Hasn't George Lucas spent millions trying to get everyone born since 1960 into a theater to watch those 9 or 10 movies? Not to mention several home video/disc releases. And a cartoon or two?
That just does not compute. On what planet have you been raising your kids? :beach::joker::rotfl2: Just funnin' ya, Lisa!

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Nope, don't know a gosh darn thing about any of the movies. If you held a gun to my head and asked me the name of one of their spaceships or whatever they're called, I'd be in BIG trouble!

Mr. Tumnus have you seen any extra eyeballs lying around?

After Muppetvision, we walked down the Streets of America where Hunter tried to hitch a ride:

I think that the backdrops look so realistic:

We stopped in the little shop just outside the Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Studio Catering when we saw the tag making machine. Our dog, Oddball, needed a new collar tag (you couldn’t even tell that it used to have Pluto on it) so we stopped to make a new one. But, we didn’t care for any of the tags that were in the machine so we moved on. Not before I took a picture of the tags that were available:

After looking around in the shop a little bit, we moved on to the closest attraction which was the Backlot Tour. I’m so glad that we did because we now know that it’s closing down and won’t be there next time we visit.

The first part of the attraction was up and running but I didn’t take any pictures. There was a pre-teen in front of us who clearly had Autism or some similar and didn’t like it at all when there were loud noises. He also got upset when his parents tried taking pictures and he would often turn to look at me so I didn't want to make it any worse by taking pictures and upsetting him even more. I've got other pictures so there was no need anyway. I felt so badly for him and for his parents because they were trying to make it easier for him but also trying to enjoy it themselves and not bother the other guests . They finally distracted him with an iPad and he settled down somewhat.

We moved into the building that housed the props and saw some from the Chronicles of Narnia, including Mr. Tumnus:

I always say this and I know it sounds odd but I like it when we run into a bit of a line in this are of the backlot tour. When the line moves quickly, you don’t get to really look at what’s around you. This time, the line wasn’t moving too fast and I was able to snap a few pictures:

There’s the extra eyeballs!

Out into the Florida sunshine we went and were soon boarding the trams that would take us on the rest of the tour:

The canyon was the next stop on The Backlot Tour which is pretty flippin' cool. It’s neat how Disney can have a canyon with a semi-truck just sitting there, something explodes, water goes every darn where and it’s all cleaned up and set back up again in a matter of minutes. I took this series of pictures as it all happened:

**Continued in next post

See how cool that was! The tram looped around to the backside of the canyon and then passed by the Lights Motor Action Stunt Show area where we got a small glimpse of the cars getting ready for the next show. The tour stopped at the building that housed quite a few displays from various movies.

As you can see, I am a Titanic fan and took my own sweet time looking at all the various things in that area:

While on the Backlot Tour, we saw a cute prop and I knew that it would be a great picture taking opportunity. We had to wait for one other family and then it was Hunter turn. My son, the action figure:

**Continued in next post

It was time to use our Fastpass for Tower of Terror so we walked down Pixar Place:

The wait time for Toy Story Mania was only 55 minutes which is much shorter than we’ve seen it in the past. I’ve seen it well over 100 minutes. :crazy2:

On the way to the Tower of Terror, Hunter decided that he didn’t want to ride. He’s ridden it before but said that he wasn’t up for it this time and said that he’d wait in the store for us. Hunter now had the camera and he took what was supposed to be a picture of John and I looking scared. Guess John didn’t get the memo :rolleyes2:

Hunter, being the good Dis son that he is, took a few pictures while waiting for us:

Years ago, there was no way that I was getting on the Tower of Terror. No way! No how! No-no-no! One year, John talked me into it and I’ve been a fan every since. The kids still attribute that to the fact that they stayed in the store and prayed for me the entire time. :goodvibes

It was nearing lunch time meaning it was almost time for John to take his medicine. He pulled out his pill container and the noon section was empty. What? It was supposed to have two pills in it. :confused3 He felt around in his pocket and they were there. Well, that’s not good. I told John that I’d go back to the resort and get more medicine and he and Hunter could stay and enjoy more of the park. I did this because I am a much faster walker than John and knew that I could get to the resort and back much quicker than he ever would.

The guys weren’t sure what they’d do while I was gone but they’d find something. I headed to the front of the park and they headed to.........

**Up next: My son! The chosen one! Are you serious?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter