Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Mupp-It

Like the hat picture of the three of you on the way into HS.

That is so cool that Hunter was the rebel spy!

The preshow area for the Muppets is so cool!

Glad you got great seats. Your pictures from the show are AMAZING!!!

:goodvibes

Prop It!

I like the Back Lot tour too, and Ben really likes it, especially the Pearl Harbor scene, but it is not an every-trip kind of attraction. I guess it will be a never-again kind of attraction. :sad1:

As one of the prop masters for our community theatre company, I really appreciate the queue going through the prop warehouse, and also all of the props and set pieces throughout the tour.

And Catastrophe Canyon is pretty darn cool!

I just wish the back lot tour actually still took you through an actual back lot. I remember when the Golden Girls house used to be on the tour, along with a few others. Universal Studios in Hollywood has a GENUINE backlot tour.

The AFI dump shop at the end of this ride always has interesting stuff. Last time we went there were things from the Hobbit, which Ben is really into.

I am all caught up now, and dang proud of it!!!

:cool1:

So many updates! Yay!

Your family sure was lucky not ending up caught by those Disney Police though- the Liberty Belle AND taking pictures on Star Tours! :rotfl:

I really love the Rapunzel area, even though it's bathrooms?! :confused3

The Sword & Stone pictures are awesome. I forgot to find that while I was on my trip! Is it true that it actually will come out occasionally?

The picture of the back of the castle might be one of my favorite castle pictures yet! It looks so cool from that side!

I also didn't know you could really look under the mat & there is a key! I will need to try that little secret on my next trip too. I'm really learning a lot from your trip report :thumbsup2

I CAN'T wait to hear about your Key's to the Kingdom Tour because it's one thing I've always wanted to do!

You know, I've seen all the Star Wars movies (more than once) and quite a few of the cartoons (Clone Wars), but I have yet to see Titanic.

Oh my goodness, I've seen Titanic more times than I can count. All of us have...well, 'cept for Lacey who says that it creeps her out.

STOP! I'm trying to catch up on other TR's and you keep updating. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I had to get the updates in when I could. Sorry! ;)

We didn't do Backstage even though we knew the day after we left it was the last day it was going to be open. I guess we've done it so many times that we didn't feel the need. I do love the last spot with all the movie stuff though.

I'm one of those people who tries to do every single thing even if we've seen it a gazillion times. Now, I'm glad that I am since we know that the Backlot Tour is going away.

Tower of Terror...my favorite Disney ride. I'm so glad that you'll do it now. And how sweet of Hunter to take photos while you were on.

I'm glad that I will ride it now too. It's so much fun!

John, you need to get with the program on "scary" looks.

I know! He didn't even try.

Uh oh...I hope it doesn't take you too long to go back and retrieve John's medicine.

I'll go ahead and tell you now. It took very little time.

So funny that you were reading my TR as I was catching up on yours! :rotfl:

I somehow missed an update again so I'm commenting on two.

I got the giggles when you were describing your Star Wars knowledge. I get a little sad when I see people riding Star Tours because since it went to 3D I can't handle it anymore. :sad: I take motion sickness meds and can ride everything except Star Tours. It gets me every time for some reason.

My sister almost got sick when she rode it years ago. She said never ever again.

I loved all of the pictures in the Muppet theater. I swear I've looked all around that pre-show area but half of the stuff you posted I've never seen. I guess that's part of why we keep going back!

Sounds like a good reason to return to me. ;)

Thanks for the Backlot Tour pictures. While it's not my favorite ride in the World, I did enjoy riding it every few trips. But I am excited to see what they replace it with. Better be something good!

I try to ride it every time and now that we know it's going away, I'm glad that we did.

Oh no! Not good to be missing medicine. I hope it was a quick trip to and from the resort for you.

It was quicker than I thought it would be.

I'm so glad Mom and I did Backlot Tour when we were there, especially since we almost didn't and had to come back again to ride it. I agree that I hated it when the line moved quickly thru the prop house since you couldn't see anything!

I would love to be allowed to just wander around in the prop storage area. There's no telling what all I could spot.

I'm so glad you decided to get on ToT and now enjoy it. I LOVE that attraction so much, it may be my favorite WDW attraction! :cool1:

Tower of Terror is now one of my favorites too!

Oh no, that's no good that John didn't have his midday pills! I hope you didn't miss much while heading back to the resort for them!

You'll see just how much in the next update.:worried:

I have been keeping an eye out for you updates and some how missed the one on the 24th so I am now all caught up.

I have to say the Desert Party looks like fun! The deserts look assume!!! The chance to get such a close up of Tinker Bell to see if brawn behind the beauty is priceless. Now I am kicking myself that I did not reserve it for my upcoming buisness trip.

Oooooh, you have a business trip that's in Disney? You lucky girl!

The pictures of the castle during the Castle Show look amazing! We did not get to see that since the boys seemed to turn into a pumkin after 8:00pm :rotfl2:

:lmao:

I also love the night shot of Rapunzel's Tower. So Pretty!

That muppet waterfall was so cool! I had to get a picture of it as well. However I did not even think of taking pictures during the Muppet Show and now I wish I did! I love the picture of the orchestra and of course Statler and Waldorf. Gosh I did not think you could take pictures during it. Guess that is another reason to go back to Disney. I starting a list you know;)

I've tried taking pictures in the theater before but they never turn out very well. This was the first time that I was able to get any decent pictures.

Good Bye Backlot Tour! Now I am glad we took the kids to see it our last trip.

I have to say I love the picture of the sign for Tower of Terror. That is one of my favorite rides! Got my fingers crossed that the kids will be ready for it on our next trip:thumbsup2

It took me over a dozen trips before I got on Tower of Terror. Now, I love it!

I'm all caught up!

Can I just say that I got kinda sad when I found out your Mama wasn't coming on this trip? I just love your mama!:love:

She is going with us to Tennessee over the Thanksgiving holidays. I'll probably post a short report here so you can get you Mama fix. ;)

I think its super sweet that John called her after the Dessert Party. Dan was always like that with my mom. In fact I think he only married me so he could be related to my mom lol.

Isn't it wonderful that our husbands get along with our mothers so well! I love it!

Loving the updates and wondering if maybe during your trek back to CBR to get John's pills you'll finally be able to get some pictures of those refurbbing rooms!

Hunter is so grown up!:)

Hunter is growing taller every single day. I don't know how I'm going to keep him in jeans and shoes. :rolleyes2

:rotfl2: This is awesome! Nothing like the power of prayer!

They said that they prayed for me the entire time we were gone.

I am a little sad I didn't get to see the Back lot tour one more time before it closed. Boo! I love the end of the ride with all the movie memorabilia.

Oh NO - for having to leave to go back to the resort. I hope transportation worked in your favor.

It definitely worked in my favor!

Lisa, you are updating like crazy!

Love the pictures--you guys are so funny! The dessert party looks awesome. Can't believe I had it scheduled for two different nights while we were there in July and ended up cancelling both of them!!! I also wish we had done the backlot tour but somehow we ran out of time--as usual. Luckily we've done it many times before.

Can't wait to hear what Hunter gets selected to do!

I had to get those updates in while I could. I knew that this week was going to be much busier at the office.

Oh my goodness! You cancelled both dessert party reservations? Maybe you can go on another trip.

I'm with Kathy--how am I supposed to keep up with all this?!?!?:rotfl2:

I knew that work would be a lot busier this week so I had to get those updates in while the gettin' was good.

Boy, that was a late night closing down MK. I have never gotten the sword out of the stone, either. Knowing my luck, the rest of my family will do it long before me!

I've pulled on that sucker over and over again and it hasn't budged yet.

Here's all you need to know about Star Wars: the prequels sucked. Just say that in any Star Wars conversation, and you'll be accepted as knowledgeable. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the tip! Now I know what to say whenever the subject of Star Wars comes up.

I'm with Hunter--no thanks on Tower of Terror! I hate freefalls.

I don't like them either which is why I would never ride it. Now, I love it.

Holy UPDATE Batman!
HS is one of my favorite parks!!! Love just looking at all the fun stuff! the street performers are just fantastic..
Sad about backlot tour. i will miss it. the 'end' of the tour wasn't opened for us when we went..

Funny- i have pretty much the SAME pictures as you do! I hope the kid who was in front of you did OK with the scenes in the show!!! they are pretty loud.

TOT! best ride in HS. hands down!

I had to get the updates in while I could. This week is going to be busy.

I know that there are rumors floating around about what will take over the Backlot Tour space but I'm anxious to hear the "real" scoop from Disney.

Yeah, the poor guy was having a hard time. Once he got his iPad he was good to go.

ohh cliffhanger

Hoping to post an update soon that will end the cliffhanger.:thumbsup2

Great day at DHS so far! I can't blame you for avoiding Star Wars weekends if you're not a fan, but man I'd love to see it some day.
Funny that Hunter got to be the rebel spy! I've always wanted to.
I love all the props in Muppet Vision.
I'm not a Tower fan at all! So I also wait in the gift shop!

We've been to Star Wars Weekends twice and Hunter loved it. The rest of us thought it was just okay. I'd go again if Hunter really wanted to.

Is it just me, or are the Imagineers mixing franchises here?
As I was reading the the first bit, I was seeing the photo 'out the corner of my eye', and it looked like the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella. Does anybody else get that effect? Focus on the words above the picture, but look at it without actually moving your eyes. Doesn't it look like a lady wearing a pointy hat, looking off to the left?
Or do I need more coffee?:coffee:

GREAT shot, by the way...

I've tried over and over to see your vision. I wonder if there's a way that you could circle it?

Whew, I miss a couple DIS days and you become an updating wizard!! Loving your HS day. I feel bad for you though that you have to go ALL the way back to the hotel for John's meds. Hope it's a quick trip!

I had time to work on my updates while the boss was busy. This week will be much busier so I'll probably only get one update posted. The trip was a quick one..thank goodness.

HOKEY DINO!! (As my daughter is known to say when something surprises her) Your keyboard must be smoking! I've been completely laid up since Tuesday around dawn. Monday night i sneezed in bed and looked at John with a huge pout "ruh-roh. That sneeze "tasted funny"" You know, that tell-tale sign that a cold is looming?? I was up within 5 hours coughing, sneezing & feeling like i had swallowed a package of razor blades. To say nothing of the constant headache courtesy of the "litter-box odour" (in case anyone is wondering, we don't even OWN a cat!! can you say YUCKOLA???) Since then i haven't even been able to check my e-mail.

You poor thing you. If it ain't one thing, it's another!

Just a few things popped out to me that i have to comment on ... The sword?? Our Ben was used to Yanking on that thing every time he was fortunate enough to visit and once good grief if that thing didn't MOVE!! Seriously, it did. We weren't aware of it but the "show" was just starting and he managed to be the kid lucky enough to actually pull it "out" He was so surprised that he let go of it and jumped down with tears in his eyes, totally convinced that he had broken it :scared: AND I'm jealous that you got to ride the Backstage Tour one last time. It's one of our favourite rides and i haven't even told my John that we can't go on it this time! At least i got to experience it once again through your wonderful pictures, thanks! Keep up the good work, this is a great way to get (more) worked up for our trip in less than 4 weeks!

Oh my goodness! I'd love to have seen him pull the sword from the stone! I bet that he was super excited after getting over the initial "I broke it" shock.

As always your family is totally crazy and fun to read about. :rotfl:

I've finally caught up. :faint:

I think the dessert party sounds wonderful, just wish I could eat the desserts to enjoy it, but alas I'll have to let that one pass me by.

Camille, I'm not a big sweet eater and neither is Hunter but we still enjoyed the party. I can certainly see why you'd want to skip it.

At least they set up the tables so as to prevent everyone from getting up and stand in front of everyone who is sitting. Tink looked too far away to tell if it was Tinkerdude or not. :laughing:

I'm thinking that we had Tinker the lady that evening. ;)

I'm hoping that the hub refurb takes care of the problems of crowding when people want to leave before the parade starts. It's such a pain to get through, I'll be so disappointed if they still have major amounts of construction going on when we get there. AK is a total mess right now.

Do they have a projected date for the hub construction to be done? I thought that I read it somewhere but I could be just making that up in my wee little mind.

It sounds like the medicine issues could be a potential problem, hoping all turns out well for John. I can't imagine that being fun to think about or deal with, bless his and your heart. I just praise the Lord he's back at work now and the time off was shorter than it could have been. :woohoo:

Honey, we were praising the Lord and shouting to the Heavens when he was called back to work! He received a total of $666 for six weeks off work. :worried:

Phew, that was a lot of updates! I don't know if I can remember everything! I love the Sword in the Stone pictures. LOVE! I am sorry though, that none of you are the true rulers of England.

One of these days, one of us is going to pull the sword from the stone. I just know it.

I can't believe you've never seen any of the Star Wars movies! Glad you like the ride, though. Lucy was the Rebel Spy when were were there 2 weeks ago! Yay for Hunter being the spy!

So we have two Rebel Spies in our mix!

The Backlot pics are great. I'm sorry to see that ride go. My first visit to Disney in 2001 Jason and I got to be the people who get all the water dumped on them on the boat!

Sorry John lost his meds, but I can't wait to see what kind of adventure you have going back for them!

Hunter was chosen to be the "dumped on" guy too! That was a few years back and he really wasn't old enough to be participating but the castmembers really wanted him in the show.

Woah! I am WAY behind, you trip-report updating machine!

I'll post a chapter at a time

Tinkerbell's Beard-

First of all, I love that legend. During our second family trip, I showed Nate Robo's "Tinkerbill" picture and every time we would see Tink somewhere in the park, we would look at each other, smile and whisper "Dude!" One of my very favorite Disney memories!

I love those kind of memories!

:cloud9:

Way to score a hard-to-get ressie!!!

I like Hunter's picture of Sonny Eclipse- we share your opinion of Cosmic Rays- too hectic and the food, though plentiful, is just ok. Columbia Harbor House for me!

It's been years and years since we've eaten at Cosmic Rays. Just too busy and the food isn't good enough to wait in line for.

We did the dessert party on our last trip- unfortunately, it was POURING rain that night, so there were no photopass photographers, no parade that night and no Tinkerbelle/bill.

I've had read that there used to be Photopass Photographers there but then they suddenly disappeared. There certainly weren't any there when we arrived.

But it was our first time watching Wishes (and the castle projection show), so that was good.

What a great place to watch the show and Wishes!

Love that you had so many meets that night.

::yes::

Great pictures! I love the one with the castle reflection at the beginning and all of the ones with the castle on the left, the neon on the right and the fireworks in the middle.

Loved your wrap-up of the dessert party- totally agree! You don't get your money's worth, but it is totally worth it.

:thumbsup2

I may be booking it again next trip just so we don't have to fight for a spot to watch the show and Wishes.

PS- You said you didn't really take pictures of the dessert buffet- I did and I know how you like to be thorough in your report, so here is the link to my pictures, although I may have posted even more in the Wishes Dessert Party thread.

Wishes It Would Stop Raining: Just Desserts

Oooh, I need to look at those pictures! Wait, I think that I did already? Who knows what I am thinking?

Ring It!

Wow, double projection show! I liked the closeup castle picture you took from Main Street.

We don't pick up a park map or times guide half the time we are there because we know where everything is. I guess that's how I missed the fact that there would be two castle shows.

OK, that is too funny with the Liberty Bell.

Glad your bail money was safe- have you been bringing that along on all your Disney trips since the cruise episode- where you were almost put into irons for having an iron?

Do you know that I still have the cruise luggage tag on my iron? I can't make myself take it off because it makes me smile every single time.

I'm glad that your late night ride on Haunted Mansion was a hit with John. That really is one of the poorer line-management areas in the World.

:sad2:

It sure is! I hate the section where you have to almost push and shove your way to the doom buggies.

Yank It!

Great pictures of the all of you trying to free the Sword in the Stone.

I'm going to pull the sword out one day! Some day! Maybe next trip!

That picture of the backside of the castle is amazing. I can see inside the windows!

:magnify:

I liked that particular picture too.

Mupp-It

Like the hat picture of the three of you on the way into HS.

Thank you!

That is so cool that Hunter was the rebel spy!

He thought that it was pretty cool too.

The preshow area for the Muppets is so cool!

I love all of the various boxes and crates and things in the preshow area.

Glad you got great seats. Your pictures from the show are AMAZING!!!

:goodvibes

They turned out lots better than the others that I have taken in the theater.

Prop It!

I like the Back Lot tour too, and Ben really likes it, especially the Pearl Harbor scene, but it is not an every-trip kind of attraction. I guess it will be a never-again kind of attraction. :sad1:

I wish that they'd tell us what's going in that area of the park since they've now announced the Backlot Tour closure.

As one of the prop masters for our community theatre company, I really appreciate the queue going through the prop warehouse, and also all of the props and set pieces throughout the tour.

I bet that you do since there are so many cool things there to look at.

And Catastrophe Canyon is pretty darn cool!

I just wish the back lot tour actually still took you through an actual back lot. I remember when the Golden Girls house used to be on the tour, along with a few others. Universal Studios in Hollywood has a GENUINE backlot tour.

My mother talks about the Golden Girls house every single time we talk about MGM, I mean Hollywood Studios.

The AFI dump shop at the end of this ride always has interesting stuff. Last time we went there were things from the Hobbit, which Ben is really into.

I am all caught up now, and dang proud of it!!!

:cool1:

I can't remember if it was this trip or the last that they had a lot of Villains props on display. I've never seen the Hobbit movies either. I know, I'm so outta the loop.

Catching up and reading along! Love the great info in the report. :thumbsup2

Welcome aboard! I hope that you'll continue to post!

So many updates! Yay!

Your family sure was lucky not ending up caught by those Disney Police though- the Liberty Belle AND taking pictures on Star Tours! :rotfl:

I know my family and know that bail money should be taken anywhere we go for any extended period of time. :rotfl2:

I really love the Rapunzel area, even though it's bathrooms?! :confused3

Isn't it sad that poor Rapunzel gets a tower that people can only look at, thrones by way of bathrooms and phone charging station? Poor thing!

The Sword & Stone pictures are awesome. I forgot to find that while I was on my trip! Is it true that it actually will come out occasionally?

Yep, the sword will come on occasionally though I've never been lucky enough to experience it.

The picture of the back of the castle might be one of my favorite castle pictures yet! It looks so cool from that side!

Thank you!

I also didn't know you could really look under the mat & there is a key! I will need to try that little secret on my next trip too. I'm really learning a lot from your trip report :thumbsup2

You have to be careful of other guests trying to run right by you when you are looking under the mat but it's worth it.

I CAN'T wait to hear about your Key's to the Kingdom Tour because it's one thing I've always wanted to do!

We waited twenty trips before we did the tour and it was well worth the wait.

Hey everybody! Hope that you all had a lovely weekend. We finally were able to get out of town and went on a road trip to Canton, Texas home of the longest running flea market in the United State of America. From the First Mondays website:

This popular flea market is open one weekend a month, attracts upwards of 100,000 shoppers, and provides spaces for 6,000 vendors located on hundreds of acres.

It has become known by shoppers from all across Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma as THE place to buy home decor, furnishings, antiques, clothing, crafts, jewelry, gifts, and collectibles. And it is a favorite of vendors, dealers, craftsmen and artists alike as the perfect venue to market their wares.

It had been a couple of years since we had gone and we weren't looking for anything in particular other than some family time. We arrived at 10:30 a.m. and walked around for six whole hours. We started at one end and walked and walked and walked and walked. Did I mention that we walked? :rotfl: We stumbled upon several areas of the market that we had never seen before despite having gone there many times in the past. One of those areas was called something like "hill street" or "hill market" or something smilar. The little path between the shops was just wide enough for a vehicle and most of the booths looked like stalls or store fronts. Hunter said that it reminded him of Nassau, Bahamas and it really did.

We bought a few things here and there, no major purchases. We ate some greasy fastfoods like foot long corn dogs, burgers and fried fruit pies.

As I said, it wasn't so much about buying anything. It was more of family bonding time. Nothin' says family bonding like diggin' through piles of junk. :rotfl2:

Oh well, I'll stop here and get back to working on the "real work" that's on my desk. My boss is being a bear and I'm not talking about a Yogi Bear and Boo Boo mood either. Hoping to get an update posted tomorrow. Ya'll be good 'til I get back!

That flea market sounds awesome! I bet I'd love it. Too bad it's in Texas.

And boo for your boss being a bear.:mic:

Hey neighbor! (We're from the college town to your west!) loving your trip report. We are going for our first Disney trip next month and being the over planner I am, I love seeing others pictures and thoughts!

We love going to Canton! I think we've gone 5 or 6 times this year so far...

Anyway, looking forward to more of your TR!

the Flea market sounds like lots of fun!!! a fried fruit pie??? hummm.. with bacon?!?!

Hope you find some honey (or mickey bar) for that bear of a boss and soon!!! pooh: :mickeybar

I remember you talking about that flea market a couple of years ago! Sounds like a fun family day, even if you didn't really buy anything. :drive:

I can't think of anything better than bonding at a flea market. :rotfl2:

Not Yogi or Boo Boo? Uh oh...someone's not in a good mood. :(

That flea market sounds awesome! I bet I'd love it. Too bad it's in Texas.

And boo for your boss being a bear.:mic:

It is a great place to go and shop! There's everything from el cheapo junk to high end furniture. Love it!

What I don't love is my boss being a bear! He was driving me crazy yesterday.

Hey neighbor! (We're from the college town to your west!) loving your trip report. We are going for our first Disney trip next month and being the over planner I am, I love seeing others pictures and thoughts!

We love going to Canton! I think we've gone 5 or 6 times this year so far...

Anyway, looking forward to more of your TR!

I was just in your area the other day! Welcome to the trip report!

Oh my gosh, I know that you are super excited about your first trip to Disney. I still get excited and we've been 20 times.

Did ya'll go to Canton this past weekend? It was really really busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter