Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

What's up with the Dis? I couldn't multi-quote just a few minutes ago and now it's fine? :rolleyes1

the Flea market sounds like lots of fun!!! a fried fruit pie??? hummm.. with bacon?!?!
:lmao:

Hope you find some honey (or mickey bar) for that bear of a boss and soon!!! pooh: :mickeybar

No bacon but the fried pies were delicious and I don't even like cooked fruit.

If I thought that it would help, I'd shove a squirty bear shaped bottle of honey straight into his mouth.:sad2:

I remember you talking about that flea market a couple of years ago! Sounds like a fun family day, even if you didn't really buy anything. :drive:

It was a super pretty day and the company was pretty darn good too. ;)

I can't think of anything better than bonding at a flea market. :rotfl2:

Not Yogi or Boo Boo? Uh oh...someone's not in a good mood. :(

There were so many people at the flea market this time. I'm sure that it's because a lot of the vendors had their holiday decor and gifts out for buyers.

My son! The chosen one!

I left the guys and walked to the entrance of the park, through the exit and to the Caribbean Beach Resort bus stop. Lucky for me, a bus pulled up in less than five minutes. A family got off and I got on all by myself. Not another soul on the bus besides the bus driver who was super friendly and asked how my day was going, etc. Even luckier for me, the bus ride took two minutes. I couldn’t believe that the bus ride was so fast and even posted on Facebook how surprised I was. When the bus stopped at the Jamaica bus stop (the first stop on the loop), I asked the bus driver if she could wait for me since I only had to make a run to our room. For a minute there, she thought that I was being serious but then started laughing when she realized that I was just kidding. :rotfl:

I made the quick walk over to our building, opened up the safe and got the two pills to replace the missing ones. It took so little time that I almost walked to the other side of the resort to see if I could catch the bus again. But, I didn’t because I know that sometimes, once the buses enter into a resort, they will be asked to change their route and they’ll go to another theme park. The bus that I just got off of may now be a Downtown Disney or Magic Kingdom or other park bus. It’d be best if I just went back to the Jamaica bus stop. As I walked past the construction area, I could hear lots of buzzing saws but the gate was closed so I couldn’t really see anything. Foiled again!

A bus was entering the side entrance of the resort so I put a little pep in my step. Maybe, just maybe, the bus would be going to Hollywood Studios. It was! Yay for majorly wonderful terrific buses today! :cool1: I sent a text to John and Hunter letting them know that I was on my way back to Hollywood Studios. The bus made the loop around the resort and was soon leaving the resort via the side entrance. In no time at all, we were pulling into the park bus stop. I had to go through bag check which was short because there weren’t many people entering the park at this time of day.

Neither of the guys had returned my text so I tried calling but got no answer. I took my time walking and stopped to look in some of the store windows. Finally, my phone rang and it was John (or was it Hunter?) Whoever it was told me that Hunter had been chosen to participate in the Indiana Jones Stunt show. Are you crapping kidding me? I missed my kid getting to do something that he always wanted to do? :sad1:

I met them over at the Indiana Jones exit where they were standing. Hunter was sipping on a cup of water that they had given him and was shaking out his shirt. He said that the robes that they give the extras were kind of thick and he was sweatin’ up a storm. The boy was so excited that he was talking a mile a minute. He said that he had jumped up when they asked for volunteers and did some sort of loud animal noise when instructed and he was called down immediately. Made me proud that John and I taught our kids the important things in life like making animal noises. :p

Being the good Dad that he is, John took pictures knowing that I’d be bummed that I missed seeing Hunter in action. Wait, I think that Hunter took these before he was chosen:

Now, these are John’s pictures:

Dangit! I missed the whole flippin’ thing! Hopefully, maybe, keeping my fingers crossed, that the stunt show will still be there when we return in May. I’ve read rumors that it will be going away too. In the meantime, I’m tellin’ Hunter to bone up on his hollerin’ skills just in case he does get the opportunity to be the chosen one again!

**Up next: Did I tell you to stand up? Sit down! You got told!

I interrupt your trip report for no other reason than to share my excitement :banana:with you because you understand. I'm going back to Disney it's been 5 long years & it's over a year away but woo whoooooo.:love::woohoo::cheer2:

Wow that's awesome for Hunter but a little bummer that you didn't get to see it.

Doncha love it when someone in your family gets to let the rest of the world see how crazy you are? We were at a stage show when our kids were little and they asked for a dad to volunteer. Our son grabbed john's hand and stood on the bench and screamed MY DAD!! Ok then, although John spends most of his time in front of groups (one of his hat's is a teacher) this sorta thing NOPE. It wasn't until a year later that our insurance agent presented him with a framed picture of the event ... Wearing a bright pink-tutu as he supported a ballerina dancing on STILTS! Not as embarrassing as realizing it had sat on his desk for a LONG time till he gave it to us :rotfl2: Often wondered why peeps asked us if we'd had fun that summer.

Keep up the good work Lisa, i love reading both your escapades in Disney (awesome job with the bus!!) and family events (we love poking around at those things and eating junk food is a requirement that i'm sure is posted as you enter the parking lot)

I seriously cannot believe your arrival day.
You went to DTD, took TWO hours to get to Boardwalk and then went BACK to DTD?

You are all certifiably crazy. You poor things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is decent food on the Boardwalk or at Beach/Yacht Swolphin.

2 hours????????????????? That is extreme. I stay at the Boardwalk relatively frequently and while it does take a while to get to DTD and back, I’ve never had it be THAT bad. Maybe the combo of the holiday weekend and the construction? UGH UGH and double ugh.

I am glad you got some food though!
And I am very glad to see you made it over there later in the trip to see some of it in the daylight. I honestly don’t know what the Boardwalk’s entertainment schedule is, only that I am pretty sure there is a schedule somewhere. We don’t go near ESPN so that’s never bothered us at all.
I cannot believe your bus karma when you ran back to get John’s medicine, that is wonderful! And how very very fun that Hunter got to be in the Indy Show, I love that.

There was a ton of other stuff I wanted to comment on in the middle of all of that but I'm just grateful to be sort of caught up for a minute

You've GOT to be kidding me! How wrong that you had to miss that. It's really nice that you got to see pictures.

We just got back from our trip a few days ago :sad: so I'm getting myself caught up.

So glad you had a god time at the dessert party, that's something I really want to do, I wanted to see about doing it on this trip but we were trying to not overdo it with the spending so I didn't book any extras.

Love that Hunter was the rebel spy! I finally got Tim on that ride this trip and he really liked it! I said to him, see what you've been missing? LOL

Wow you really had great bus karma to get to the resort and back so quick, too bad you missed Hunter's being in the Stunt Show but at least John thought to take pics for you.

Loving the report, can't wait to read more! :)

Darn, darn, double darn that you missed Hunters stage debut!!! How fun though! And you were very sweet to offer to go back to the resort!!

Loving your report and it's really getting me excited as we leave a week from Friday!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO :woohoo:
He got picked!!! So sorry you missed the whole thing!! such a bummer. YES he needs to get ready for the next time and your there! :yay:

(I got picked once too! So Frickin AWESOME.)

Oh how cool that Hunter was chosen but how uncool that you didn't get to see! :((( I'm glad you have pictures, however.

Do you know if they closed lights, motor, action?

Loved the pictures of Hunter in his debut on a Disney stage!! I hope it is still there when we go in January. That is one of my favorite shows.

How exciting that Hunter was choosen :cool1::cool1::cool1:. That's so cool !!
I also cant believe that we were at HS on that Thursday too :rotfl::rotfl: We did go to the Indiana Stunt show but I cant remember what time we went. I'm thinking it was 12:30 .

Well, yay for Hunter getting chosen :cool1:, but boo that you missed it! :headache:

That is great that you got a bus to CBR so fast and another back to DHS just as quickly! :goodvibes

I was just in your area the other day! Welcome to the trip report! Oh my gosh, I know that you are super excited about your first trip to Disney. I still get excited and we've been 20 times. Did ya'll go to Canton this past weekend? It was really really busy.

I am super excited, first trip and our honeymoon!

We didn't make it this month, I'm hoping we can for the November weekend, the weather is usually perfect that month!

Aw, man. Sorry you missed Hunter in the show, but so cool for him! He looked like he did a great job. At least John took pictures.

I can't believe how fast the bus got you back to CBR, but I forget that CBR and HS are literally right around the corner from each other.

I interrupt your trip report for no other reason than to share my excitement :banana:with you because you understand. I'm going back to Disney it's been 5 long years & it's over a year away but woo whoooooo.:love::woohoo::cheer2:

Of course I understand! Wooooooo hooooooo! :cool1:

Wow that's awesome for Hunter but a little bummer that you didn't get to see it.

Maybe next trip. :sad2:

Doncha love it when someone in your family gets to let the rest of the world see how crazy you are? We were at a stage show when our kids were little and they asked for a dad to volunteer. Our son grabbed john's hand and stood on the bench and screamed MY DAD!! Ok then, although John spends most of his time in front of groups (one of his hat's is a teacher) this sorta thing NOPE. It wasn't until a year later that our insurance agent presented him with a framed picture of the event ... Wearing a bright pink-tutu as he supported a ballerina dancing on STILTS! Not as embarrassing as realizing it had sat on his desk for a LONG time till he gave it to us :rotfl2: Often wondered why peeps asked us if we'd had fun that summer.

Keep up the good work Lisa, i love reading both your escapades in Disney (awesome job with the bus!!) and family events (we love poking around at those things and eating junk food is a requirement that i'm sure is posted as you enter the parking lot)

Oh my word, what a hilarious story! I'm quite sure that story makes an appearance every chance it gets.

I seriously cannot believe your arrival day.
You went to DTD, took TWO hours to get to Boardwalk and then went BACK to DTD?

You are all certifiably crazy. You poor things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is decent food on the Boardwalk or at Beach/Yacht Swolphin.

2 hours????????????????? That is extreme. I stay at the Boardwalk relatively frequently and while it does take a while to get to DTD and back, I’ve never had it be THAT bad. Maybe the combo of the holiday weekend and the construction? UGH UGH and double ugh.

I am glad you got some food though!
And I am very glad to see you made it over there later in the trip to see some of it in the daylight. I honestly don’t know what the Boardwalk’s entertainment schedule is, only that I am pretty sure there is a schedule somewhere. We don’t go near ESPN so that’s never bothered us at all.

Welcome back Cynthia! Yep, two whole hours to get to the Boarwalk. It was absolutely ridiculous and every single person on the bus was miserable.

I cannot believe your bus karma when you ran back to get John’s medicine, that is wonderful! And how very very fun that Hunter got to be in the Indy Show, I love that.

The bus karma was extremely good that day! Hunter was so excited that he got picked. He's a natural ham anyway so this was right up his alley.

There was a ton of other stuff I wanted to comment on in the middle of all of that but I'm just grateful to be sort of caught up for a minute

Yay for being caught up again. I find myself behind all the time.:rolleyes1

You've GOT to be kidding me! How wrong that you had to miss that. It's really nice that you got to see pictures.

I know! I couldn't believe it when they told me that he had been chosen.

We just got back from our trip a few days ago :sad: so I'm getting myself caught up.

Welcome back to the real world!

So glad you had a god time at the dessert party, that's something I really want to do, I wanted to see about doing it on this trip but we were trying to not overdo it with the spending so I didn't book any extras.

If you get a chance, go to the dessert party. To us, it was worth not having to fight the crowds. However, it is a little bit pricey. I think it was about $90 for the three of us.:headache:

Love that Hunter was the rebel spy! I finally got Tim on that ride this trip and he really liked it! I said to him, see what you've been missing? LOL

That's what John said to me after I got off Tower of Terror for the first time.

Wow you really had great bus karma to get to the resort and back so quick, too bad you missed Hunter's being in the Stunt Show but at least John thought to take pics for you.

Loving the report, can't wait to read more! :)

John knew that I'd be bummed that I missed seeing Hunter "perform" and was thoughtful to take the pictures.

Darn, darn, double darn that you missed Hunters stage debut!!! How fun though! And you were very sweet to offer to go back to the resort!!

Loving your report and it's really getting me excited as we leave a week from Friday!!!

I know it! I was bummed that I missed him! Oh I wasn't gonna send John back to the resort. That man walks slower than he talks and that's slooooow. ;) Your trip is coming up so soon! Have you started packing yet?

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO :woohoo:
He got picked!!! So sorry you missed the whole thing!! such a bummer. YES he needs to get ready for the next time and your there! :yay:

(I got picked once too! So Frickin AWESOME.)

You were the chosen one too? How neat is that!?! Oh well, there's always next trip for Hunter to try and get picked again.

Awesome bus luck but what a bummer that you missed Hunter in the show. :cool1: :sad2:

Hopefully it will still be there next May so he can try again. I'm going to try an catch the show one more time this year just in case it does go away. I haven't seen it since 2011.

Oh how cool that Hunter was chosen but how uncool that you didn't get to see! :((( I'm glad you have pictures, however.

Do you know if they closed lights, motor, action?

At first, I thought that they were just kidding around that he got chosen but they had picture proof. From what I understand, Lights, Motor Action is still open but there are rumors of it closing too. Hollywood Studios may be a shell of a park if all those rumors come true.:eek:

Loved the pictures of Hunter in his debut on a Disney stage!! I hope it is still there when we go in January. That is one of my favorite shows.

We enjoy the stunt show too even though we've seen it a gazillion times.

How exciting that Hunter was choosen :cool1::cool1::cool1:. That's so cool !!
I also cant believe that we were at HS on that Thursday too :rotfl::rotfl: We did go to the Indiana Stunt show but I cant remember what time we went. I'm thinking it was 12:30 .

Are you freakin' serious? Again, we cross paths. I'm betting you anything that we passed each other and didn't even know it.:headache:

Well, yay for Hunter getting chosen :cool1:, but boo that you missed it! :headache:

That is great that you got a bus to CBR so fast and another back to DHS just as quickly! :goodvibes

I couldn't believe that I missed out on the fun. Hunter is such a ham so I know that he loved it.

I am super excited, first trip and our honeymoon!

We didn't make it this month, I'm hoping we can for the November weekend, the weather is usually perfect that month!

You're getting married and going to Disney in less than two months! Yay!

The crowds at Canton this past weekend were pretty big. Even bigger than July 4th weekend. The weather was really nice though.

Aw, man. Sorry you missed Hunter in the show, but so cool for him! He looked like he did a great job. At least John took pictures.

I can't believe how fast the bus got you back to CBR, but I forget that CBR and HS are literally right around the corner from each other.

Yeah, at least John remembered to take pictures. He knew that I would be bummed that I missed seeing him.

The bus ride was way faster than I thought it would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter