Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

I think we sat right across from where you were when we went to T-Rex last. It was a pretty good spot. I absolutely love that restaurant! So much yummy food. All your meals look delicious! We shared that Ice Age Indulgence and I loved it so I'm drooling a little now... yum!
Great family pic courtesy of the Mousekeeping cart! :thumbsup2

I think we sat like 2 seats down from where you guys were at T-REX on our last trip. The food sure looks good.

T-Rex is a must-do for my guys. The food is great, huge portions and the atmosphere is just out of this world!

Loved the story of the grandparents sharing the restaurant with their grandson- technology at its finest.

All of your food looked fantastic! How did Hunter like the sweet potato fries?

Someday my family would like to try the chocolate extinction dessert, but we are always too full.

Love your family picture. Another great use of the resources around you.

:thumbsup2

WOW I fell way behind this time! While you have been going to town updating I have going straight from coaching my son's football team to running them to Tumbling/Trampoline practice toped off with boy scouts.

1st let me say I love your pictures of Fantasmic!!! I really did not get any good shoots of it,

Blizzard Beach looks like fun! We wanted to do Typhone Lagon but choose an extra day at Magic Kingdom instead. I may have to add that to our to do list espically the Mini golf that is so close to it. We love to play mini golf and that course look like sooooo much fun!

What is there not to love at T Rex. The food is great and the atmosphere is soooo much fun. I will be here to catch your next update!

Your food at TREX looked really good! I would have ordered the same as you probably!

We've never tried it, but we have a Rainforest here and have eaten there before. Pretty pricey and noisy, but it's fun.

Frozen+Thanksgiving+Banner.jpg

Good morning everybody! I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm not ignoring you guys. I've been working my tailend off every since the last update. There's always a lot of fussin' and fightin' that goes on in a family law office around the holidays. And, it's not just between my boss and I. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Seriously, there really is a lot more work that goes on this time of the year.

We are trying to get our "extra" bedroom painted and cleaned up before Lacey & Jesse arrive for the Christmas holidays. We've been putting it off and putting it off and we can't put it off any more. The kiddos have to have a place to sleep. We've redone an old iron bed that was John's Daddy's when he was a little boy and we are about to finish up the refurb of an old chifferobe (spelling?) that was in my great aunt's family. Both have been a big task as we are trying to keep all of the original metalwork, hinges, etc. on them.

In our spare time (as if we have any), we have been getting ready to head out to Tennessee. We'll be leaving this evening when John gets off work. Reservations have been made in Tuscaloosa, Alabama for tonight. We'll arrive in Powell, Tennessee sometime tomorrow and we'll have dinner with Jesse's family at a local restaurant. Friday and Saturday will be spent in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Sunday, we'll get up super early and drive staright home. It's a quick trip but we really want to see everybody.

Anyway, that's why I haven't been around. I pinky promise with lots of cherries on top that I'll get busy with the report when we get back.

Oh I almost forgot, I got all but two of our ADRs booked for our May/June, 2015 trip. For some reason, Rainforest Cafe at DTD and House of Blues are showing no availability at ALL during the entire two week trip. Not sure what's going on there. I've called Disney dining and they have no clue what's up either. Tomorrow morning, I can book our last ADR of the trip.

I hope that you all have a fantastic super terrific wonderful THANKSGIVING!

Wow! You have been a busy bee! We have been busy around here too, getting things repaired and spending money!! LOL We had a new roof put on earlier this month and then last week our furnace went (it is 40 years old after all) so we had to have it replaced, which was done yesterday. Now our Dish is out (that was also replaced when the roofers broke it removing it during the tear off of the old roof) but they can't come to fix that till Friday :sad:

Just to let you know I started a new TR, the link is in my signature, come on over if you have a chance!

I am so glad you have been slacking as I have been so busy too and out of town as well.

We love T-rex. I think I got that same sampler in March. It was darn good but so big.

I have tried the dessert before that Hunter and John had and I didn't think I would like it at all and it was pure heaven. I was so shocked at how much I liked it.

I hope you have had a nice holiday weekend.

As for the places you are having issues with for dining....I haven't looked, but sometimes Disney waits right up till Dec. 31 to renew all DTD restaurant contracts, so that could be the case right now.

Lisa I hope you & your family had a great holiday!!

I'm happy you haven't updated yet since I didn't have much time to read anything over my long weekend!

I just did my ADRs this morning and what a project. It wouldn't let me book anything on the app besides my first day (5/30) so I broke out my laptop and luckily it did let me plan from there. I'm juggling a few times at this point but got everything we wanted - and then some! I have a feeling now that this milestone has passed, the trip will be approaching quickly! We leave for our NYE trip with a day at Epcot on 1/1 and it's already under a month! It flew by.

Very cute!

::yes::

Sorry, what were you saying?

:lmao:

:eek::faint:

He chose a double order of waffle fries but they told him that the waffle fries were sweet potato fries and he wasn’t sure if he’d like them so he chose waffle fries and chips. Yeah, really ventured outside of his comfort zone foodwise. :rotfl:

Hey now, anything other than pizza and burgers IS going outside his comfort zone. :p

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Love it!

I think you win the dessert round!

Nice work! Definitely KatMark worthy.

He even added in Mark's funny face trademark.

YUM~ that food looks good! There is a recipe for that ice cream sandwich dessert that went around with my facebook friends a while back. Sure does look good. Don't know why I never made it. :confused3 Now it's famous...served on Disney property! :rotfl:

That hat photo of Hunter is hilarious!!!! :rotfl2:

I've made an ice cream sandwich dessert before. Talk about rich and fantastic! Loved it!

Love the updates from the cutest family ever to have visited Disney :D I am so glad you posted those pictures from T Rex because now we are going to consider it for our trip next year. That sampler looks delicious and while I am no fan of sweet potatoes mashed I sure do like them fried ;)

The picture of Hunter with the hat is also priceless! Looking forward to more!

Awww, thank you! I'd definitely recommend a dinner at T-Rex. The food is absolutely delicioussssss!

T-Rex looks like so much fun! I need to get there someday. I actually had it booked for next week but decided to cancel as I didn't want to be tied to an ADR on that day.

Oh my, that picture of Hunter with the Goofy hat made me :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Keep T-Rex on your list of places to try. The food and service has always been good.

WE LOVE T-REX!!!! It is so delicious and you can't beat the atmosphere!

Great pic of ya'll back at resort! Great idea to put camera on a mousekeeping cart! LOL

Isn't T-Rex a great place?!?! We love it!

The mousekeeping cart was in the right place at the right time (actually several times. )

You did not say chesticles. :rotfl2: :rotfl: Assuming the outside of the table was chairs I am wondering why the larger man didn't sit out there if getting to the bench side was so disruptive to others? Sorry your H&V experience wasn't good. We are actually thinking of trying breakfast here next trip because my 19 year old has a crush on Jake. Hope our experience is better than yours.

Yep, chesticles! I don't know why the guy didn't sit on the outside instead of the bench. It would have been so much easier for everybody. Especially since he was the "photographer" in the group.

Loved hearing about your day at Blizzard Beach and I have to say I am super impressed with everything you guys accomplished....and not because it was that many slides (well it was) but more because of the amount of stairs/hill climbing I know you had to complete in order to ride all those slides.

I was impressed that we were able to get so much done and I was able to climb all those stairs without passing out. :rotfl:

Winter Summerland looks so cute!!! That is always on our "if we have time" list and we never make it. At least as we check off other items it moves up on the list and hopefully we will get there soon. Loved your hole in one picture.

That's how it has always been with us. Mini-putt was a "if we have time" thing too. I'm glad that we did it.

We are one of those families that T-Rex isn't our thing (or at least my thing). Glad you all had fun.

Another great mousekeeping cart photo! Nice job.

I wouldn't mind it if they turned the volume down in T-Rex a tad. We have always had good service and food at the restaurant and my family always has it on the list to visit.

I think we sat right across from where you were when we went to T-Rex last. It was a pretty good spot. I absolutely love that restaurant! So much yummy food. All your meals look delicious! We shared that Ice Age Indulgence and I loved it so I'm drooling a little now... yum!
Great family pic courtesy of the Mousekeeping cart! :thumbsup2

We were seated in a great place this time. Not too darn loud but we still had dinos all around.

I think we sat like 2 seats down from where you guys were at T-REX on our last trip. The food sure looks good.

The food was delicious! I'd love to have some of it right now.

T-Rex is a must-do for my guys. The food is great, huge portions and the atmosphere is just out of this world!

No one could ever complain about the portion sizes at T-Rex, that's for sure.

Loved the story of the grandparents sharing the restaurant with their grandson- technology at its finest.

It was so sweet that they were sharing the experience with loved ones who were not there. Like you said, technology at it's finest.

All of your food looked fantastic! How did Hunter like the sweet potato fries?

He said that he liked them much better than the other sweet potato fries that he's had before.

Someday my family would like to try the chocolate extinction dessert, but we are always too full.

If the waiter hadn't insisted that Hunter order the dessert, I am sure that he would have skipped it. He was just too full to eat much of it.

Love your family picture. Another great use of the resources around you.

:thumbsup2

The mousekeeping cart was a perfect stand for the camera.

WOW I fell way behind this time! While you have been going to town updating I have going straight from coaching my son's football team to running them to Tumbling/Trampoline practice toped off with boy scouts.

You are a busy woman yourself!

1st let me say I love your pictures of Fantasmic!!! I really did not get any good shoots of it,

I had so many pictures that I had to toss out because you really couldn't tell what they were.

Blizzard Beach looks like fun! We wanted to do Typhone Lagon but choose an extra day at Magic Kingdom instead. I may have to add that to our to do list espically the Mini golf that is so close to it. We love to play mini golf and that course look like sooooo much fun!

Normally, we choose just one of the water parks but, since we had a few more days, we were able to do them both. Blizzard Beach and Winter Summerland are so close that we had to give them both a try.

What is there not to love at T Rex. The food is great and the atmosphere is soooo much fun. I will be here to catch your next update!

Hopefully, I will get an update posted this week. I've just been soooo busy.

We love T-Rex! And that food looks scrumptious. Love how you guys are having a great time together!

The food is definitely scrumptious!

Your food at TREX looked really good! I would have ordered the same as you probably!

We've never tried it, but we have a Rainforest here and have eaten there before. Pretty pricey and noisy, but it's fun.

I like to order sampler plates at restaurants. It's a great dish to order when you can't make up your mind.

Wow! You have been a busy bee! We have been busy around here too, getting things repaired and spending money!! LOL We had a new roof put on earlier this month and then last week our furnace went (it is 40 years old after all) so we had to have it replaced, which was done yesterday. Now our Dish is out (that was also replaced when the roofers broke it removing it during the tear off of the old roof) but they can't come to fix that till Friday :sad:

Just to let you know I started a new TR, the link is in my signature, come on over if you have a chance!

Oh wow! You really have been spending a lot of money. :scared: Hopefully, by now, your Dish is back up and running.

I am so glad you have been slacking as I have been so busy too and out of town as well.

Annnnd, you have that sweet little grandbaby to watch and love on too.

We love T-rex. I think I got that same sampler in March. It was darn good but so big.

So big but it didn't stop me from putting a dent in it.

I have tried the dessert before that Hunter and John had and I didn't think I would like it at all and it was pure heaven. I was so shocked at how much I liked it.

Wasn't the dessert delicious!

I hope you have had a nice holiday weekend.

Thank you!

As for the places you are having issues with for dining....I haven't looked, but sometimes Disney waits right up till Dec. 31 to renew all DTD restaurant contracts, so that could be the case right now.

I thought about that too. I went ahead and booked Planet Hollywood twice just in case I couldn't get another decent ADR later.

Lisa I hope you & your family had a great holiday!!

Thank you! I hope that you had a great holiday too.

I'm happy you haven't updated yet since I didn't have much time to read anything over my long weekend!

I didn't get an update posted but hope to this week.

I just did my ADRs this morning and what a project. It wouldn't let me book anything on the app besides my first day (5/30) so I broke out my laptop and luckily it did let me plan from there. I'm juggling a few times at this point but got everything we wanted - and then some! I have a feeling now that this milestone has passed, the trip will be approaching quickly! We leave for our NYE trip with a day at Epcot on 1/1 and it's already under a month! It flew by.

I'm so glad that you were able to get everything that you wanted (and then some)! I booked our last one while in Tennessee. Now, I'm all set.

Hope you got out of Tuscaloosa before the Iron Bowl Madness.

I hope your holiday was great and TN was awesome!

Hope you got out of Tuscaloosa before the Iron Bowl Madness.

I hope your holiday was great and TN was awesome!

We arrived in Tuscaloosa around 10:30 p.m. or so and were out of there around 9:30/10:00 a.m. so, yes, we got in and out pretty quickly.

We had a wonderful trip to Tennessee! Now, I'm counting down the days until they come home for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter