Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

:rotfl2::lmao: It's alright. We're in the begining stages of potty training so the poop jokes are pretty popular over in this house. :lmao::lmao:

I was almost afraid to post the pictures because I thought some people might have a queasy stomach but then thought about the fact that most who read have kids so I figured it would be okay.

The family on the bus sound annoying.... UGH and the fact that the guide even had to say something. GEESH!!

The guide had to repeatedly tell them to be quiet. You would think that they would have stopped completely. :headache:

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: About the doo doo pics. Believe me, your child is not the only one who would take pictures of poo. Mine definitely would. And I myself am a child because I would laugh at it!

I agree about letting your kids take pics. Mine are always taking the camera. I think I have posted a few in my TR too. It just adds a different perspective and fun to see what they take.

You saw a lot of animals! Except for the loud people, looks like you had a good Safari!

Glad to hear that it's not just my kiddo who would snap such pics as the ones that I posted.

I think that I remember you posting a few of the kids' perspective pictures. Wasn't there a couple of pictures of people's behinds (or was that somebody else's report)/

We've done this! I think it is a cool idea. Most of the pictures don't amount to much, but every once in a while you get one that is a keeper for one reason or another!:thumbsup2

Like the photobomb/selfie you posted a while back in your report. :thumbsup2

:sad2: This is just horrifying. Poop jokes in a Trip Report? I never thought I'd see the day.

What can I say? It's all downhill from here.

:rolleyes1

:scared:

Ugh. :faint: It's not like you really wanted to see animals on this ride, anyway.

Yeah, seriously, who spends thousands of bucks on a vacation and cares if the safari is a good one or a crappy one?

Something tells me it's not ONLY your child. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

;)

Love all the safari pictures. Even the poop. I even shared that one with hubby. I agree about kids taking pictures. I gave mine cameras all the time. With digital my 2 years old grandson takes pictures while we shop.

you missed a poop... Elephants.. There was poop in that picture too. :rolleyes1
YES! I also gave my kids cameras! instead of poop pictures or shoulders. Ya get butts.. lots of them! :lmao:

Hunter has a great eye and perfect pictures! WTG!!!

:lmao: Hunter and his doo doo pictures !! That is funny ! Life would be pretty boring without teens like Hunter :rotfl:

I'll be back in a bit with replies and an update. I need some opinions please. I received an email yesterday from House of Blues. They've opened up bookings for the Sunday Gospel Brunch all the way through May. One takes place on Hunter's birthday, May 24th and I really want to surprise him with tickets. Problem is, I can't find a whole lot of information about suggested seating. Anybody here ever gone to the brunch?

I think that I remember you posting a few of the kids' perspective pictures. Wasn't there a couple of pictures of people's behinds (or was that somebody else's report)/

Oh no, that was mine! The 5 year old gets the camera, and that's what she takes pictures of!:rotfl2:

I am just gonna jump in here and read from where I'm at instead of trying to catch up completely! LOL Now that school is over and I have a trip to plan, I'll be back over here a bunch- that's my plan anyway. LOL

I should let the girls take more pictures on our next trip. They have a kids camera, and I love to look at those pictures. I usually do let them take some pictures along the way. Since the girls have bought me a new camera for Christmas (I told Santa what I wanted... so I'm just guessing that's what I got!:rotfl:) I could let them take my old point and shoot and see what they come up with!

I love the Safari. And I love that Hunter was taking pictures of the poo-poo. I expect nothing less!

I am finally all caught up! Took me long enough though! Life!:headache:

LOVE the mini-golfing and the fact that you all got a hole-in-one! Brag all you want!!! :dance3:

We love T-Rex as well. It is already booked for our trip in May/June! Glad you finally got out of the ice cave, we are hoping to get into the ice cave next time. We have several Rainforest Cafes around here, and even though us adults aren't fans the kids LOVE it and we end up eating there quite often!

I really really hope that the construction walls are down in DD when you (and we) go back! They are a pain in the rear! :headache:

I was literally laughing out loud at your commentary on Hunter's pictures! :lmao:Boys and poo.. I don't get it. Ethan has to make a poo joke at least once a day, or the day was a bust. :rotfl:

Love all the safari pictures. Even the poop. I even shared that one with hubby. I agree about kids taking pictures. I gave mine cameras all the time. With digital my 2 years old grandson takes pictures while we shop.

It's so funny to read that you shared the picture of the poop with your husband. :lmao: You never know what kind of picture you are going to get when you hand over the camera but it's fun to see things from their perspective.

you missed a poop... Elephants.. There was poop in that picture too. :rolleyes1
YES! I also gave my kids cameras! instead of poop pictures or shoulders. Ya get butts.. lots of them! :lmao:

Hunter has a great eye and perfect pictures! WTG!!!

Poop poop everywhere there's poop!

:lmao: Hunter and his doo doo pictures !! That is funny ! Life would be pretty boring without teens like Hunter :rotfl:

Hunter is a hoot and a half and I wouldn't know what to do without him.

Oh no, that was mine! The 5 year old gets the camera, and that's what she takes pictures of!:rotfl2:

I thought that I remembered seeing pictures on your report.:thumbsup2

I am just gonna jump in here and read from where I'm at instead of trying to catch up completely! LOL Now that school is over and I have a trip to plan, I'll be back over here a bunch- that's my plan anyway. LOL

Glad to see you on the Dis again Christen!

I should let the girls take more pictures on our next trip. They have a kids camera, and I love to look at those pictures. I usually do let them take some pictures along the way. Since the girls have bought me a new camera for Christmas (I told Santa what I wanted... so I'm just guessing that's what I got!:rotfl:) I could let them take my old point and shoot and see what they come up with!

That sounds like a great idea! They may take some wonderful pictures with it.

I love the Safari. And I love that Hunter was taking pictures of the poo-poo. I expect nothing less!

It was really no surprise that Hunter took the pictures of the poop. He's such a nut!

I am finally all caught up! Took me long enough though! Life!:headache:

Hey! I know that thing called Life :rolleyes:

LOVE the mini-golfing and the fact that you all got a hole-in-one! Brag all you want!!! :dance3:

We had a wonderful time at Winter Summerland.

We love T-Rex as well. It is already booked for our trip in May/June! Glad you finally got out of the ice cave, we are hoping to get into the ice cave next time. We have several Rainforest Cafes around here, and even though us adults aren't fans the kids LOVE it and we end up eating there quite often!

What are your dates for your next trip? We may cross paths again!

I really really hope that the construction walls are down in DD when you (and we) go back! They are a pain in the rear! :headache:

I was literally laughing out loud at your commentary on Hunter's pictures! :lmao:Boys and poo.. I don't get it. Ethan has to make a poo joke at least once a day, or the day was a bust. :rotfl:

Hunter is always good for a laugh! Sounds like Ethan is too!

I have some exciting news to share before I post the next update (actually, I have two ready to post). I was invited to become a team member/writer for Magical DIStractions and my first article was posted today. I am super duper uber excited! I would love it if you all would read the post and make a comment on the site.
http://*******************.com/caribbean-beach-resort-tropical-paradise-middle-world/

Hunter gets a leg up on a gorilla! Give me five...down low!

The safari had taken a little while longer than we anticipated and our Dis friends hadn’t even boarded their safari truck yet. That meant we had a little time to kill. The Pangani Forest Trail is very near Kilimanjaro Safari so I sent a text to our friends telling them that we were headed there and to let us know when they were done.

Our first stop along the trail was in the building that houses all sorts of creepy creatures like the Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches:

Glow in the dark scorpions (No that’s not their real names but they do glow in the dark)

And I can’t leave out this cute little tarantula:

Is your skin crawling just looking at ‘em? Be glad that I didn’t take pictures of the snake or the naked mole rats. Yuck!

The building was getting a little crowded so we left and walked into the aviary portion of the trail. You can’t really see them from the pictures but the birds had built nests everywhere.

I have no clue why I have just two pictures of this section because the two that I have are really crappy. You’d have thought that I’d have kept trying. Oh well, I’ve taken good ones in the past and there’s always next trip to make up for the lack of pictures this trip.

Most times, when we get to the hippo viewing area, we have to look really really closely to see if
we can spot the hippo and, then, it may be just a little blob on top of the water that looks like a rock but it’s really part of his back. This time, however, we were surprised to see the hippo right at the glass:

We didn’t stay at the glass for very long so that others could squeeze in and get a look-see for themselves. Along the trail we continued. The last time that we had visited, we didn’t see any meerkats in their enclosure. Not a single one. But, this time, there were several poking their heads out and looking around:

They were probably looking at the zebra grazing just outside of their home:

Just around the river bend (channeling my inner Pocahontas today)...oh wait, there’s no river on the trail....just around the bend, we came to the gorillas! Looks like they didn’t really care if they were on display or not ‘cause they were all asleep on the job. I’m talking about a seriously deep sleep.

You can only stand there and look at sleeping gorillas for so long before you begin to get a little bit bored. While I was taking pictures, John and Hunter went over to check out this display:

Yo Hunter! How does your foot size compare to the size of a full grown male gorilla?

Looks like Hunter’s foot is a smidgeon bigger. I don’t know what the heck I’m going to do with the boy if his feet keep growing? He’s already in a size 13.

Give me five! Down low!

**Up next: Look, he’s sitting on a ball! That’s not a ball! That’s his butt!

Look he’s sitting on a ball! That’s not a ball! That’s his butt!

Well, if the first set of gorillas weren’t going to put on a show for us, we’d see if the next set would do anything special for us. Actually, I didn’t want them to do anything “special special”. They could just move around some and we’d be happy.

To our left, we could see two big fellas sitting on the hillside. I saw this first one and said “Look, he’s sitting on a ball!” Hunter and John thought that was absolutely hilarious and responded with “That’s not a ball! That’s his butt!”. :rotfl2:Well, it looked like he was sitting on a big old grey ball annnnnd the castmembers do sometimes give the animals things to play with. Oh shut up! It did look like a ball. :p See:

The guys kept picking on me about my comment but they like to pick on me like that so I just shook my head and semi-ignored them. :sad2::rolleyes1;):rotfl:

I told ya’ll that the castmember/caretakers give the animals stimulation toys! This guy had a lid of some sort and he was playing with it or was he licking it?:rolleyes:

Every now and then, the gorillas would get up and walk around and then peek back around and see if we were watching:

The gorillas are big creatures with big heads, big arms, big legs and big old booties. Kim Kardashian ain’t got nothin’ on them:

My phone dinged and when I checked it, I saw that I had received a text from my friends! It’s was time for a Dis Meet baby!

**Up next: A classic Hunter photobomb! Is somebody a little smitten?

A classic Hunter photobomb! Is somebody a little smitten?

After receiving the text, we left the Pangani Forest Trail and I started looking for our Dis friends who said that they’d be sitting at the end of the trail waiting for us. I saw them immediately and skipped over to give them all a big hug! :yay: Just who were these Dis friends we were meeting up with?

It was Mary, Kathy, and Mary’s two precious girls, Cayley and Avery! This was the first time that I had met Kathy in person and it was just like talking to someone that I saw each and every day.::yes:: It was so good to see Mary, Cayley and Avery again. :woohoo: It had been several years since we had seen them at another Dis Meet. Hugs were given all the way around and the ladies started gabbing a mile a minute, of course. We had Hunter take our picture with my camera:

And, I believe that it may have been Kathy that asked Hunter to take a picture with her phone. Hunter, being the ever crazy kid that he is, took the opportunity to photobomb the picture:

Wondering where John was at the time? He was there, just look at his reflection in Hunter’s sunglasses.

We were informed that the girls wanted to ride Primevil Whirl and they wanted to know if Hunter would ride with them. Of course, no gentleman would pass up the opportunity to accompany two such cutie pies such as Cayley and Avery. Kathy and I took off walking and talking and walking and talking and didn’t even notice that we had left the rest of the group in the dust. Heh, they know where we are going. They can catch up. In the meantime, from what we could gather, the girls were talking Hunter’s ears off. I later learned from Mary that Cayley is boy crazy but Avery is not so it was a little bit of a surprise that she was talking to Hunter as much as she was. Maybe somebody was a little smitten? ;)

We got to Primevil Whirl and I think that I am remembering correctly that the wait time was somewhere around 20 minutes. Long enough that Kathy went for a smoke break, John went for a coffee break and Mary and I had time to chit chat.

No matter how hard we tried, we could never see the kids in line or whirling around. At one point, we thought that we saw them and I tried to take a picture. However, this is what the picture looked like:

Lotta good that picture was in spotting them. :rolleyes: We did see them coming down the exit ramp though and they stopped to pose for pictures:

We talked for a little while longer before we parted ways. I believe that they had Fastpasses for another attraction or maybe dinner reservations and we had Fastpasses for Expedition Everest coming up soon. So, with one more round of hugs, we said our goodbyes.

**Up next: Eeewww! Gross! Give that dude some GasX!

Congrats on writing for Magical Distractions! I read the article and commented. Of course I loved it because it was about CBR!!!!

Great pics of AK. I guess they hadn't started the major refurbs yet when you were there because your pictures are all pretty. I love the hippo pics. Cool you got to see them that close!

And those hissing cockroaches? They have some of those (live) at our local museum, and sometimes the docents are out with them, and Maura held one one day! Ew! She thought it was cool. To each their own, I guess.

Great gorilla pics, too. They are really amazing animals.

So jealous of your Dis-meet. I hope to meet Kathy one day. We only live like 90 minutes from each other!

I hope your holiday preparations are going well. Are Lacey and Jesse coming for Christmas?

Sorry, but I'm with your boys on this one... I don't see a ball. :confused3:lmao:

How sweet of Hunter to humor the girls. :flower3:

I too have been curious in the past about the Gospel Brunch. Sounds fun!

best update ever! KATHY! and all of you together! how adorable! love they were smitten with Hunter!!! what girl wouldn't be right? :confused3 too funny with the gorillas!!!
great pictures all around!!! :banana:

I was invited to become a team member/writer for Magical DIStractions and my first article was posted today.

Fun! And good work!

The building was getting a little crowded so we left and walked into the aviary portion of the trail. You can’t really see them from the pictures but the birds had built nests everywhere.

I'd be worried about what's coming down from those nests. :crazy2:

Looks like they didn’t really care if they were on display or not ‘cause they were all asleep on the job. I’m talking about a seriously deep sleep.

I'm going to make them honorary state workers.

I saw this first one and said “Look, he’s sitting on a ball!” Hunter and John thought that was absolutely hilarious and responded with “That’s not a ball! That’s his butt!”. :rotfl2:Well, it looked like he was sitting on a big old grey ball annnnnd the castmembers do sometimes give the animals things to play with. Oh shut up! It did look like a ball. :p See:

I'll back you up and say it does look like a ball. But it's still funny. :rotfl2:

The gorillas are big creatures with big heads, big arms, big legs and big old booties. Kim Kardashian ain’t got nothin’ on them:

I bet they're smarter than the average Kardashian too. :rolleyes1

It was Mary, Kathy, and Mary’s two precious girls, Cayley and Avery! This was the first time that I had met Kathy in person and it was just like talking to someone that I saw each and every day.

Yay! I had the same experience when I got to meet Kathy. She's a lot of fun.

And, I believe that it may have been Kathy that asked Hunter to take a picture with her phone. Hunter, being the ever crazy kid that he is, took the opportunity to photobomb the picture:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

The girls and I finally did that little Pangani Forest Trail on our trip last March. It was really a lot of fun!

I love DisMeets! And I love Hunter's photobomb! :good vibes

And YAY your article posted! I:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:'m seriously so glad to have Lisa on the team with the rest of the gang! Lisa, I know I said it to you already, but your post was great and I can't wait to see what else you have to share on the page! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter