Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Now THIS looks like a TR I could enjoy! Like me, you take your time and give all the raw and juicy details. Edited: Now that I read more, I definitely remember you from when I was on the boards quite often a couple of years ago as All7ofUs. :) In fact, I think you were a poster on my last thread... It's great to see so many folks still around and writing!

Back to read...

Congrats on the writing gig! Its obvious with the amount of readers your TR has that you are an entertaining and talented writer. Congrats again....I will head over and check it out!

We have never explored the Pangani Trail. Maybe this year we will although I am not sure that I really WANT to see many of those animals (did you say snakes? ummm...no!).

Yay for a Dis-Meet! :yay:

Yay for a DIS meet! I bet the girls loved hanging out with Hunter. How fun! Was that the first time you met Kathy and Mary? Aren't they lovely? I wish they were going to be there in June this year.

I love all your gorilla pictures! They are awesome. And that picture of the zebras is just lovely. What beautiful animals.

I have to admit I was power reading this morning so I should go back and re-read for details!

:thumbsup2

Yay for a DIS meet! I bet the girls loved hanging out with Hunter. How fun! Was that the first time you met Kathy and Mary? Aren't they lovely? I wish they were going to be there in June this year.

MEK, it was the first time I met Lisa (Lisa met Mary and the girls before). Unfortunately, Mary and the girls aren't going this year and that is why I am going in May with Todd and Nicki. I will miss seeing you this year. :(

Great updates, Lisa.

Cockroaches -- yuck! I dislike them more than snakes.

Good eye on spotting the birds nests up in the tree.

I LOVE the picture of the hippo

I adore Meerkats...they are so cute.

I swear those gorillas are always sleeping.

Wow...a size 13! Hunter you need to stop growing.

Great butt picture of the gorilla (and I definitely can see where you thought he was sitting on a ball ;)).

I love Hunter photobombing our picture (just wish my mouth wasn't open :lmao::lmao:).

That is so neat that we have John in the picture through Hunter's sunglasses.

The girls were definitely smitten with Hunter and it was so nice of him to take them on the Hurl ride so I didn't have to. :goodvibes

I am so glad that after all these years that we finally got to meet you and Hunter and John. You are as wonderful in person as you are here on the DIS. And I am fortunate to call you my friend.

If I don't get back here, I hope you and the family have a very Happy Holiday.

Haha, that DOES look like a ball. I probably would've said the same thing.

What a nice DISmeet. Sounds like everyone had a great time. And I'm sure those girls really loved having Hunter ride PW with them. Probably made their day.

A great photobomb by Hunter!

I knew I'd love it! Stayed up until 1:00 reading. Afterall, it IS vacation. ;)

You've done many of the same things I've done including the Behind the Seeds Tour, which was a major highlight of my last trip.

Thanks for the good read! :)

What a fabulous meet up!
So cute that Hunter was a hit with the girls.

You got some great gorilla shots. I never make it far into the trails and then we turn around for one reason or another. I am determined to go through them all the way in the future. It's been years since we have.

Love the updates, as usual. I really do like Hunter's photobomb picture, with John in the sunglasses reflection. Just a fun picture!

I was just watching the news and heard about the tornado hitting near Amite. First thing I though of was you and your family. I hope your all ok because I'm not sure where abouts you live .

Great updates!! Sorry I am so far behind. I love Hunter photobomb. This Dis Meet had to have been fun!! Hunter seems to take them in stride. Great pictures.

I'll be back to catch up soon but wanted to say Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful day with your family!

I liked the pictures Hunter took on the safari- poop and all.

It really is great to see pictures taken by kids. I find Ben does a lot of closeup shots. It is definitely a lot less risky in the digital age.

That is too bad that you had a disruptive family on the vehicle with you.

:headache:

Love your pictures from the Pangini trail.

When Ben was younger, we had a company called "Rainforest Reptiles" come to do a couple of birthday parties for him. I have had the Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches and Tarantulas and a number of other cool critters in my house. Even had a giant python that party guests could drape around their necks. I love having boys!!!

The picture of the gorilla behind may be the best animal butt shot I have seen in a trip report. Was he twerking?

What a great meet up with Kathy, Mary and the girls. That was nice of Hunter to go on PW with them.

:thumbsup2

Playing mini golf is fun.

Yeah! A hole in one but LOL at the flip flop on the ceiling fan.

Looks like a good time playing golf.

Fun times at DQ except for the Buzz thingy.

The food looked good at T-Rex. Hunters dessert looked good.

Nice pics along the safari. I would love to do that Wild Trek tour, maybe next year. I hope. LOL.

Loved the poo poo pics. LOL.

AWWW, love the Meerkats pics. I miss Flower. LOL. I loved that show “Meerkat Manor”.

That is great you met Kathy and Mary and the girls. They are great people.

Telling by the title of your next update I would say you met Vinny. LOL.

I am all caught up.

Happy Birthday again.

I missed posting for Christmas so...

top-beautiful-disney-happy-new-year-clipart-1.jpg

Lawd have mercy! Look how dang long it's been since I've posted replies and an update. I am hanging my head in shame. Shame I tell you!

I know that ya'll will sympathize with me on the whole "I'm gettin' ready for the holidays." "It's the holidays!" "I've had family in town for almost a week." "My house looks like a tornado hit it." excuses. Seriously, all of those excuses are 100% real.

AND, we got a new puppy over the holidays. A new puppy wasn't even on the radar when we got him. As a matter of fact, on the drive to John's parent's house, I even said "When Oddball dies, we won't be getting another dog." Not 30 minutes later, I fell head over heels in love with the cutest puppy in the whole wide world. Somebody had dumped a pregnant dog on John's parent's road (waaaaaaay back on the backside of nothin') and they still had one puppy that they needed to give away. We brought it home and it's now our's. His name is Copper and, according to Hunter, he pees and poops more than any dog he has ever seen and he's serious.:rotfl:

Oh and guess what?!?! My Mama dropped a bombshell on us yesterday afternoon. She's thinking about joining us in Disney for the second half of our May/June trip. I've spent the morning trying to make alternate ADRs just in case she goes and adding her to the dessert party ADR. Still have to call and see if I can add her to a couple more. I figured that it would be easier to take her off later than it would be to add her on later. Now I have to find her a non-stop flight from somewhere nearby to Orlando. Not that easy to do considering our airport is teeny tiny and Southwest no longer flies out of the other closest airport in Mississippi. It's looking like someone would need to drive her to New Orleans which is at the bottom of the State and we are at the top so it's not a short drive....probably 5 hours or so. Anyway, that was a kink in my chain that I'm trying to sort out.

Before the holidays, I wrote up my next installment but didn't get a chance to post it. I normally post replies before posting another update but I'm feeling bad about not updating so I'll post it and then try to get to replies after I climb my way out from under the massive pile of papers on my desk.

Eeewww! Gross! Give that dude some GasX!

Our Fastpasses for Expedition Everest were coming up soon but we had a little time to kill. So, instead of taking the path to Asia via the front of the Nemo theater, we went back towards the Tree of Life. The destination that we had in mind was It’s Tough to Be a Bug and we were hoping that the stand by line would be short. I don’t remember what the wait time was but I do remember that it was short enough that we hopped in line immediately and we walked until we came to a stop not far from the little “tunnel” area. There really wasn’t much time to take many pictures of the carvings since the line was moving but I did get a few:

It did slow enough that I was able to take pictures of some of the “posters”:

After a couple of attempts, I took a halfway decent group selfie:

One of the ladies in front of us took pity on me and offered to take a picture of the three of us and I graciously took her up on her offer:

The line started moving again and we made it almost to the waiting area before stopping again:

People were picking up their bug glasses and that’s what made the line slow down to just a trickle but we were able to get in, get out glasses and have Hunter pose for a picture with his bug eyes:

Yep, they are upside down. Crazy boy!

After a while of listening to the buzzing bugs and bug themed announcements, it was time to move on into the theater. You may remember that I’ve been attempting to take pictures inside of theaters (and 3D theater shows) to see if any of them come out looking decent. I did it again in It’s Tough to Be a Bug and a few weren’t bad considering it’s a 3D show:

Oh no! Oh no!

Eeeww! Gross! Give that dude some GasX!

Hopper came bustin’ in and gave us all the evil eye and threatened us before his fate was decided by a certain bug eating lizard:

It’s Tough to Be a Bug is such a cute show and a must see for our family. I’m glad that the wait time was short and we were able to get in to see it.

Our stomachs were letting us know that it was time to eat and, well, you already know my kid and his obsession with pizzas, so I know it will come as no surprised that Pizzafari was our lunch time destination.

Hunter ordered a plain cheese pizza that came with a side salad.

I ordered a pepperoni pizza that came with a side salad:

John ordered the italian sandwich which came with chips but I guess that I didn’t take a picture of it. I know that he gave Hunter the chips and he took Hunter’s side salad. For desserts, we had these:

I can’t, for the life of me, remember what they were. I think some kind of cheesecake something or other. I do know that I took that first layer off. It was a gelatin type layer and I didn’t care for it.

I almost forget to tell you that we were seated in the insect room and there were little critters all over the place. On the ceiling:

On the walls:

In the light fixtures:

And painted into murals on the walls:

Okay, so that last picture didn’t show much of the mural but I was zooming in on the hidden Mickey. The hidden Mickey that Hunter went over and pointed to:

Lunch was good and the air conditioning was even better. Toss in a hidden Mickey or two and that, my friends, Pizzafari gets an A+ rating from our family. :thumbsup2

**Up next: Trekking and praying our way through the Asian jungle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter