• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
oohh... we'll have to make extras and bring them to sell :rotfl:

That is so cool. We're me, dh, ds10, dd8, ds6, and ds newly 5!!

So we're 6, you're 5... that's 4 more... wonder if they're from the DIS too??!!

Good Ol Gal said:

Fun! Fun! Fun! We should post on the Family Board or Theme Park board to see if the other family is a Diser!

Good Ol Gal said:

Hey - I want my commission!! ;)

I want to see a pic!!

here's another one - I can make it with only one tink

tinktwins.jpg

julia & nicks mom said:

I want to see a pic!!

We will all 5 wear one (unless the kids are in costume ;) ). But I'll definitely get a photo of us all in one at the end. That'd be quite a photo!

triplefigs said:
We will all 5 wear one (unless the kids are in costume ;) ). But I'll definitely get a photo of us all in one at the end. That'd be quite a photo!

We're all going to wear one too, except for ds who's birthday it is. Or maybe I'll just add something to his shirt stating it's his birthday???

I talked to my cousin this morning and she said she's going to try to get the tour too, so that would be another three adults and 1 child (If I can get them to wear it! )

We'll have to take a picture of both of our families in the shirts.. That would be great!

Denise.. what color do you think you're going to use for your shirts?

Good Ol Gal said:
We're all going to wear one too, except for ds who's birthday it is. Or maybe I'll just add something to his shirt stating it's his birthday???

I talked to my cousin this morning and she said she's going to try to get the tour too, so that would be another three adults and 1 child (If I can get them to wear it! )

We'll have to take a picture of both of our families in the shirts.. That would be great!

Denise.. what color do you think you're going to use for your shirts?

I don't know. I've never done shirts before. J&N's mom, what color would you suggest?

ksoehrlein said:
Have you guys seen this? It would be a great starting point for a Pirate Cruise shirt.
neverland_1024.JPG

that is cute -

the tshirts need to be a light color - unless you buy the dark iron on paper

I think that one would look good on blue!

ksoehrlein said:
Have you guys seen this? It would be a great starting point for a Pirate Cruise shirt.

Where did you get the peter pan map? That's awesome. I made a shirt for the pirate cruise and really struggled with a background, I may have to change it to use yours....

Here's my shirt (if you missed it in an early post).... Wouldn't it look great with that as the background :goodvibes (I'd lighten it quite a bit though)....

68612wdw_shirt_pirate_copy_600_x_464_.jpg

nuzmom said:
Where did you get the peter pan map? That's awesome. I made a shirt for the pirate cruise and really struggled with a background, I may have to change it to use yours....

Here's the URL: http://www.disneyexperience.com/downloads/wallpapers/neverland_1024.JPG

nuzmom said:
Here's my shirt (if you missed it in an early post).... Wouldn't it look great with that as the background :goodvibes (I'd lighten it quite a bit though)....
I think your shirt looks great just the way it is! But if you're like me and want to continue to play with it before you do your shirts, give it a shot!

Thanks Rosiejo for your help. Another question is which one is the layer box? On photoshop it says layer but on photoimpact I don't see anything that says layer and also when I click on the text box it doesn't give me the option to resize. What am I doing wrong?

Tracy

julia & nicks mom said:

I want to see a pic!!

here's another one - I can make it with only one tink

tinktwins.jpg

oooh. This is so pretty. Could you make it with just one Tink and no "tink twins" Thank you ! Thank you!
I may have more shirts than days in the world but they are so great!

Does anyone have any luck using T-shirts in any colors other than white? I can't help thinking that some of these designs would look so good on colored, even black, T-shirts.

Anyone try this? I see that at least one or two companies make "dark shirt" transfers. Anyone use them?

--Heidi

alleghator said:
Anyone try this? I see that at least one or two companies make "dark shirt" transfers. Anyone use them?

--Heidi
I'm going to try a dark tshirt this weekend if I have time. I got transfer paper by Burlington that is supposed to work on dark colors, but it does say you have to trim around the entire design because the transfer is white.

I'll post my results here.

Kim in TN said:
Here's my first try at tie dyeing they don't have the white edging around the Mickey's head that I would have liked, but the 2nd batch is simmering :rotfl2:

Andrew843.jpg

Andrew845.jpg

Andrew841.jpg

Here's our 2nd batch, what do ya'll think? Keepers or try again? :rotfl:

Andrew849.jpg

Andrew851.jpg

Andrew852.jpg

I think the 2nd batch looks great! The first batch is good too, but the 2nd ones you can really see the Mickey head much better. And I like the bright colors. Good job!

I bought avery t shirt transfer paper but it was kinda rubbery and when I washed it, it peeled. Is there a better transfer paper or is this typical? Your's all looks so great.

Kim in TN - the second batch came out better, IMO. I do like the red Mickey one in the first batch though--cool color combination on that one. How did you band the shirt to get the ringed circles on the sides of the shirt in the 2nd batch? and what Tie Die kit did you use? The colors are so vibrant!!

DsnyDrmr said:
Kim in TN - the second batch came out better, IMO. I do like the red Mickey one in the first batch though--cool color combination on that one. How did you band the shirt to get the ringed circles on the sides of the shirt in the 2nd batch? and what Tie Die kit did you use? The colors are so vibrant!!

Thanks! I used the tie dye kit from Michaels, also noticed Wal-Mart sells the same kit, it has the rubber bands, 3 bottles of dye etc. After the shirts were washed they weren't as vibrant :rolleyes:

To get the rings on the sides I just pinched up some fabric and began moving my hand downward so it resembed a closed umbrella and started putting rubber bands on it. I used 4 rubber bands (it was a big shirt).

If you have any other questions or if illustrations would explain it better than I have, JLMK

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter