***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
As we get ready for our trip, I still can't make up my mind on what I want our shirts to say/look like! I have two sets of shirts ($3 and $4 thanks to Wal-Mart!) in case I mess up or can't decide! I have a bleach pen and special printer transfer paper. I'll be sure to post mine by the end of the week when I finally decided what to create!

Inspire me and the rest of us! Show off your WDW trip garb!

I was going to wait to see other peoples before I showed mine. But I guess I will take the opurtunity to brag. I made these for our trip last May. We had many people, including cast members ask where we got them. We all had one, but as you can see the pre-teen refused to cooperate.

shirt2.jpg
shirt3.jpg
shirt1.jpg

Now that I went first I want to see some other ideas I can use on out upcoming trip for Halloween.

cujochurch,
Those shirts are sooo cool! I just love them. Please let us know how you made them :)

Those shirts are so cool! I wasn't planning on making shirts but those have inspired me to do so.

Thanks!

I love to tie-dye, but how did you make the Mickey shape? Your shirts are gorgeous!!

Lisa :flower:

I'm planning on making shirts for my girls that say I heart mickey's head, but I went to Walmart and Joann's and have not found any great material with pictures of mickey or minnie on it. Any Idea's.

I am really making the same shirt that Amber (Rob and Amber- Survivor, Amazing Race) wore when on Regis and Kelly.

Those shirts are great!!!!!!! I was looking into buying the shirts that Disney sells for about $15 apiece...but this looks a WHOLE lot better. I can't wait to here how to make them.

cujochurch, please tell me how you made those shirts. They look AWESOME!!!!!

I made an iron-on transfer for DD's bday trip a week and a half ago. (sigh... it's so sad to be back) Anyway, here's what the transfer looked like. I centered it on the front of a white tank top.

55697DDshirt_copy.jpg

Cujochurch, The shirts are AWESOME!!! I'd like to try & make them too, how'd you do it?

Our shirts were very similar to the ones posted by cujochurch (though those came out better than mine).

Lightly draw the Mickey head shape with pencil on the shirt. Then using a heavy weight thread and a long running stitch (about the same length as you would baste with), outline the Mickey head. Pull the ends of the thread to gather the material together and tie dye in strips.

Beth

Just wanted to say that I'm not crafty at all. I could never make a shirt like that but...I think that the whole family wearing a homemade shirt especially for the trip is...so cute. It gives me a warm feeling when I see them :goodvibes

Those tyed-dyed shirts are incredible. They look too difficult for me-- but you could sell those on ebay they're that nice.

also to get that awesome color - use the special dyes that are sold for tie dyes, Hobby Lobby, and Michael's carry them, RIT dye is ok, but not the vibrant color that I love!!

bethbuchall said:
Our shirts were very similar to the ones posted by cujochurch (though those came out better than mine).

Lightly draw the Mickey head shape with pencil on the shirt. Then using a heavy weight thread and a long running stitch (about the same length as you would baste with), outline the Mickey head. Pull the ends of the thread to gather the material together and tie dye in strips.

Beth
Can you pm me with simple instructions on how to do it. I've never tye-dyed before, but I figured I have 4 months to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter