• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
karebear1 said:
Do you think you could take a picture of what the shirt should look like when it's all tied up (before it's dyed) so we can see it?? I don't know if it's possible top show us what you mean, but a visual might help. I know it's alot to ask, but I know I'd really appreciate it. Those shirts are really beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pic!
Yeah that's the part that I'm getting confused on also. I was with you until the pleating and the rubber banding.

Ksoehrlein:

How did you do yours, I love your's also. Did you find the pictures online and then print them to transfer paper?

I would love for my girls (3) to have matching cute shirts every day.

WOW!! There are great shirts out there! I love this idea and I think you just gave me a weekend project with the kids!! And I think I need to photoshop some pictures. :banana:

DebMcDonald said:
Ksoehrlein:

How did you do yours, I love your's also. Did you find the pictures online and then print them to transfer paper?
That's pretty much it. I found the castle on one web site and the characters on another. The two fonts were also downloaded from two different web sites. (Of course, I forgot to bookmark all those sites or else I'd pass them on!) The fonts were called Walt Disney Script and Minnie, I believe.

I put it all together in Photoshop, horizontally flipped the image (very important so the type wouldn't be backwards when it was transferred), and printed it on transfer paper. The ironing on stage was a little scary, but her shirt came out just as I had hoped.

MickeyMacks said:
My3princes:

Loved the lime green T-shirts - think I'll try that too! Did you do the transfer from the computer?

Also loved the photo of the yellow T-shirts with the family pic on it. Very nice that all were in denim shorts too - really punches up the look!

I used printshop and a disney clipart that I found somewhere online. It was easy. The make sure that you use transfer paper for light colored T-shirts. We made some on Navy using the Dark transfer sheets and they have a white background around the picture. It is a different texture too, kind of rubbery.

We had two designs for one of our trips with three families. The first one is my favorite and got the most attention. We did these on orange shirts:
teeone.jpg

The second one we did on red shirts:

teetwo.jpg

JimmieD

Wow those are cool!

On our last trip there was this big family reunion group that wore matching orange t-shirts- they said so and so family reunion on the front and on the back (like a football jersey) each person had the name of their favorite character. So it would say DOPEY or NEMO or TINKERBELL on the back. It was fun reading them all while waiting in line. :teeth:

okwoodsmith said:
We had two designs for one of our trips with three families. The first one is my favorite and got the most attention. We did these on orange shirts:
teeone.jpg

The second one we did on red shirts:

teetwo.jpg

JimmieD

What great designs!! Especially the first one! How unique!

okwoodsmith said:

Those are great! I love them.

There are alot of great ideas...I think we will try some out this weekend.

For our trip last march, I selected one of our pictures of my ds with a character (taken on a previous trip) and printed it onto transfer paper and ironed it on to a tee! I was really cute! He got a lot of attention from the characters with it on. And people stopped us and asked where I had gotten it! I would like to make some more for our Sept/Oct trip! Does anyone have any other clipart sites they would like to share? I would love to have one of the castle??? Or, something halloween themed! Making tees would be a great way to keep ds busy this summer and keep him excited about our up-coming trip! Can't wait to hear more ideas! :Pinkbounc

okwoodsmith how did you make that awesome personalized orange family vacation at wdw tshirts!?!? please tell me i would love to do this for our wdw wedding!

Am I the only one that can't see pictures or links for the person with 2 designs?

zulaya,
I can't see them either!

Ok I can see them now! Those are beautiful shirts. People here on the Dis are so talented.

Can someone please tell me how to make a t shirt. I don't get the clipart thing. I've been trying all day and I don't get it. Someone out there with an extra 5 minutes to tell me instructions.TIA

I had to copy the clipart image into a document, save as a .jpg file and import into clipart. There may be an easier way, but that is how I did it for our shirts. I had another thought. If you can print anything with a design that you like you can scan it and save as a photo file then import it into printshop. That is probably the easiest way.

I want to make shirts for DH and I for our October trip. I have found lots of great clip art online but when I save it the images are tiny. How do I enlarge them without losing the detail and clarity? Should I print them out small and enlarge them on my scanner? Or is there something else I am missing? Thanks for all of the great ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter