• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream has switched to pump bottles for H2O pruducts

They probably expect people to take them. If their refillable and attached to walls. It wouldn’t be sanitary for them to used on multiple cruises with different passengers.
Could be. But I see this happening, once DCL realizes people are taking them. There are other cruise lines that mount the refillable containers in the shower. And have done so for years. Not saying I like them (in fact, it makes me think of a locker room shower), but they're there.

bathroom - veendam  100_8331.JPG

Could be. But I see this happening, once DCL realizes people are taking them. There are other cruise lines that mount the refillable containers in the shower. And have done so for years. Not saying I like them (in fact, it makes me think of a locker room shower), but they're there.

View attachment 385903

Or the top-locking bottles they have/are putting in the resort rooms.

I like that they are cutting down on the use of plastic bottles. However, I am very concerned at how unsanitary this could be. Unfortunately, if they are just screw on tops and they are reused cruise to cruise....anyone could add anything to the bottles.

We too will now plan to bring our own. The potential risk is not worth it to our family.

I thought they'd maybe replace the whole bottle (and top) with each cruise?

They look more like the heavy duty plastic bottles we have at home. They have a glasslike look but can be dropped and banged around. I can’t imagine they’d put glass on a little ledge like that over a bathtub. They’d all be broken within a few weeks as top heavy as they look.

I mean, if they are just loose and anyone can open the tops, there is nothing stopping someone from being a jerk and putting something else in there. I know most people wouldn't do something like that, but we all know that not everyone is a good person. I think I'll bring my own :sad2:

How is it not sanitary? It’s soap.
They've been having this same discussion on the DVC boards as Disney World Resorts are starting to switch them over to the larger 'refillable' pump bottles as well. (Also discussions of all the things people could do to those bottles, even though they're 'locked' in place at the resorts.) Makes for some interesting reading...

I think this is a great idea. I always take the extras thinking I'll use them but let's just say when they had a toiletry donation drive at my school, a lot of hotel size toiletries were donated by me. I have purchased the body wash directly from H2O before so if I really want it, I'll get some.

I mean, if they are just loose and anyone can open the tops, there is nothing stopping someone from being a jerk and putting something else in there. I know most people wouldn't do something like that, but we all know that not everyone is a good person. I think I'll bring my own :sad2:
I try not to think about it or it will make me crazy. Hand soap in public restrooms could be contaminated by empoyees. Shampoo, body wash, etc that you buy at the store could be contaminated by factory workers or store employees. Food from restaurants, even beverages you buy sealed could have been contaminated in the factory. Most people are good so I don't obsess.

I am repulsed in any public washroom. I am not a germphobe but I’ll use my elbow to expel paper towels and will use one in order not to touch the door handle when exiting a public restroom. I really do not want to have to think about who has been touching the dispenser buttons on the products in my private shower and bathroom area when on a cruise or at a DVC resort. How are they disinfecting these things? Some people are just gross. My DH once saw a guy not being very careful in the men’s room at a DVC Resort, then this guy got into the pool. Two minutes later the pool was closed. We wondered if the rumors about the water changing color when urine was introduced were true. I’m okay with new dispensers for new guests, but not refilling when turning over to a new guest. I need more info to be comfortable with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter