Disney Dream January 21-23 2011

Never land - I agree. I'm sure they will be shifting room numbers of CMs so we can wait till the week before we depart to make a final copy of all the room numbers. I'm just glad we are on the ship. Do you think they will have things for us to buy in the shops? Friends are asking me to buy those new vinylmations (spelling?) things. I have no clue what they are talking about but it must be all the rage.

Never land - I agree. I'm sure they will be shifting room numbers of CMs so we can wait till the week before we depart to make a final copy of all the room numbers. I'm just glad we are on the ship. Do you think they will have things for us to buy in the shops? Friends are asking me to buy those new vinylmations (spelling?) things. I have no clue what they are talking about but it must be all the rage.

The only things I'd think they let us buy are general dream items. Vinylmation will most likely not be available for us to buy since the Limited Edition Dream Vinylmations (3" set is 1000 edition size & the 9" is 750 edition size) are apart of the RSP for the Maiden Voyage.

I put a call into DCL reservations to try and get some idea of the activites/shows/movies on board and they gave me the 800 number from the HUB and said they would know... Yeah only if they would call people back! lol I know they are busy so I'm hoping soon I will get a call so I know how to pack! :scared1: If I don't know what to pack for I WILL overpack! :rolleyes1

My best friend had a call in on Friday and told her to call Saturday to book, she called saturday and had to leave a voice mail, she has yet to hear anything either! I'm starting to think I've been recieving all the calls after 3:00 so maybe they will start calling everyone soon! :worship:

Oh and since our 40% is still valid during this cruise, will we be able to use it towards merchandise? I'm thinking we will, Hope so!! :banana:

I bet we will learn a lot from the preview cruises before ours. I'm just going to pack a little bit of everything and go with the flow. :cool2:

My daughter won a trip to go see the Dream as it travels down the channel to its new home on January 4th. Hopefully they will let them board. Maybe she can get some intel that day. :thumbsup2

My daughter won a trip to go see the Dream as it travels down the channel to its new home on January 4th. Hopefully they will let them board. Maybe she can get some intel that day. :thumbsup2

I also won this along with Deb Loves Disney!!! :goodvibes

We are sooooo excited for this can't wait for Jan 4th!!! :banana:

Didn't hear back today :mad:

Can I assume the sailing has sold out?

Anyone get a call today? :confused3

I got the call this afternoon! After much waiting, sweating and whining, I'm doing the dance --> :banana::banana::banana: :cool1::cool1::cool1:

It'll be my husband (Eric) and me (Erin) in room 6094. It's a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Category 04D. I'm surprised to get such a big room, but I won't get attached in case we do get shuffled around.

I'm in on the FE!

Still waiting for my call back.....put my request in on Friday...this is such a bummer!!!

And...FYI....please don't post any CM discount info on this thread...Thanks!!

MJ

I just sent them another email...we will see what happens.....

As far as the SE (starfish extenders LOL!!). I personally think there will be way too much going on this cruise to do one. It is only two nights, and getting used to new surroundings and knowing I will want to spend every minute exploring as much as I can....I will opt out for this cruise.

MJ

Did I get everyone who has checked in so far?

ametaldiva
awise27
Chernabog#1fan
Deb loves Disney
ducky_love
KevieKev05
luv2cruisedisney
LWQuestie
m_kasch
Meredisney
nanaguide
off_to_neverland
PaintedRedRoses
pixiedust519
Sccrmnky2005
STLUCIELADY

mmouse37 ** Pending

I will join in that I am going on this cruise also. We are staying on deck 7 in a verandah room. :yay::yay::yay:

It's only my 2nc DCL cruise and my new DH's 1st. We just had our wedding at WDW on the 3rd and didn't take a Honeymoon so we are considering this our official mini honeymoon. :lovestruc

As Sccrmnky2005 stated :goodvibes I also won the Welcoming in the Dream to Port for CM's......:yay::yay::yay::yay:

This is going to be such a special experience. Yay to Disney for making this possible. :wizard:

Ok - I won the contest too. I've decided it really isn't a contest - they just need a whole bunch of people to meet the ship.:cheer2::cheer2: My husband thinks I'm "crazy" to get up at 3 a.m. - drive to Downtown Disney to be on the bus at 4:30 to just wave to people from Jetty Park.

I just love Disney cruises and getting to see the ship for the first time will be exciting. I work at Disney just to cruise. From the communique we got today we won't be near the ship - just waving our Mickey hands from Jetty Park but that's OK I'll take a lot of pictures. I know 4 people that will be on the ship and I told them if I'm getting up at 3 a.m. to ride a bus over to PC to wave at them they certainly better be at the rail waving back to me. One happens to be one of my bosses. She gets to bring the Dream back with one of her friends. She is super :banana::banana:

I will be going on this cruise. It will be myself and DH, room 6086 (I think), my mom and dad, room 6090, and my sister and her 2 children, 6092. We would like to participate in the FE or SE, whatever it will be called. The children are age 5 and 8.

Ok - I won the contest too. I've decided it really isn't a contest - they just need a whole bunch of people to meet the ship.:cheer2::cheer2: My husband thinks I'm "crazy" to get up at 3 a.m. - drive to Downtown Disney to be on the bus at 4:30 to just wave to people from Jetty Park.

I just love Disney cruises and getting to see the ship for the first time will be exciting. I work at Disney just to cruise. From the communique we got today we won't be near the ship - just waving our Mickey hands from Jetty Park but that's OK I'll take a lot of pictures. I know 4 people that will be on the ship and I told them if I'm getting up at 3 a.m. to ride a bus over to PC to wave at them they certainly better be at the rail waving back to me. One happens to be one of my bosses. She gets to bring the Dream back with one of her friends. She is super :banana::banana:

They did the same thing for the Magic MV....they had tons of CM's filling all the verandahs and public decks waving streamers and stuff....we saw all the pics of the celebration when we were on the MV of the Magic...they played it over and over on the cabin TV's.

MJ

I'll be on this cruise too! My mom and I are going. As soon as I saw the info posted on Thursday, I instantly emailed and left a voicemail and I must have been one of the first to get a call back. I was all booked by 1pm on Thursday. We got an oceanview room in 2050. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter