Disney Dream January 3, 2012

Ahhhh, I didn't even think. It's Serenity Bay, so I'm sorry I won't be able to help you. My daughter turns 18 a couple weeks before the cruise so I'm in total Adult-thinking mode these days.

However, I see you have a 17 year old daughter. Is she planning to go to the Vibe? Keighley loves it and will be there as she's a senior in HS and still eligible until graduation day, despite having come of age.

Keep checking the DCL site; I'm sure others will adjust their budgets and rethink the cabana reservation. Otherwise, perhaps the girls will enjoy spa services now that they have the spa for the younger set?

Anyone else for a cabana on Serenity Bay? I'll only keep it a few more days; was thinking it would be nice to help someone in our group before letting it go back to 'the rabble.':rotfl:

Thats ok Laura, it was nice of you to offer it though. :goodvibes I'll just keep checking everyday and hope one opens up.

My oldest daughter won't be 18 until February or I would consider the one on Serenity Bay. Jess is also a senior. I'm so sad that she will be going off to college next fall. Its one of the reasons we are surprising her (and her sister) with this trip. We won't get to do it again anytime soon.

I don't think she will be doing Vibe, as we are also bringing her BF and he's 19...so he won't be able to join her there. Good idea about the spa though. Maybe she would like to get something done. She had a facial on our last cruise (Royal Caribbean), but maybe a massage would be nice...i know i love them. :lovestruc

Maybe they can meet up with your daughter at some point during the cruise. Both my daughter and her BF are very social and easy going, and they like meeting new people. Unfortunately, i can't say anything to her until after Christmas. haha

Thanks again for the offer. :thumbsup2

Let's have them meet up with my daughter, Keighley. She's been thinking that she'll do the Vibe on the first part of our B2B and then be an adult on the second part. I know they have college age things, too, but your daughter might be too young. Tough age these girls are at, betwixt and between. Still, there will be LOTS of stuff to do!

Sounds good, I'll make sure to let them know and hopefully they can talk right after our Christmas surprise and set up a meeting somewhere. Jess is really mature for her age and would be fine doing some of the adult things (at least ones they will allow her to do). She tends to hang out with others a year or two older than her.

This IS a really tough age. idk about you, but i'm dreading her going to college next fall. I'm not ready for her to grow up yet. haha She on the other hand would love to start college now. She talks about it more and more lately.

Hello Everyone! :)

This is our 6th cruise with Disney we have sailed the Magic four times and this is our second time on the Dream.

Lets see, it will be me and my DD (19) We have one stateroom the 6th deck, can't remember the exact room at this moment. We have never done a fish extender before, but it seems very fun.

We are flying in on the 1st and staying in the disney resorts and hopefully depending on crowds go to the parks. Myself and DD have not been to parks in a long time since we have been going on cruises for past 6 years.

Anyway, can't wait to get to know everyone and I see there are seems to be a couple of college aged kids and I think my DD will be excited to know that since our last cruise did not have that many at all.
:cool1:

Hello Everyone! :)

This is our 6th cruise with Disney we have sailed the Magic four times and this is our second time on the Dream.

Lets see, it will be me and my DD (19) We have one stateroom the 6th deck, can't remember the exact room at this moment. We have never done a fish extender before, but it seems very fun.

We are flying in on the 1st and staying in the disney resorts and hopefully depending on crowds go to the parks. Myself and DD have not been to parks in a long time since we have been going on cruises for past 6 years.

Anyway, can't wait to get to know everyone and I see there are seems to be a couple of college aged kids and I think my DD will be excited to know that since our last cruise did not have that many at all.
:cool1:

My family has 2 college age kids going too! DS is 21 and DD is 19.

Is anyone staying up late tonight to book dining or excursions?! I'm going to see what's available for Palo :)

Originally, I was planning to cruise with a retired friend from work, but she had some health issues so now my sister is going to go with me. This will be my and my sister's first cruise ever! I am friends with NAB and family and am very excited to be at the 75 day mark!!!!!

I signed up for the city tour and gardens in Nassau and for the teen adventure for my girls on CC. Hubby and I are getting an anniversary couples massage, too. :)

I couldn't get Palo brunch (big surprise), but I'll try again on the ship. I'm sure we'll have a great time with or without it, though. So excited! :banana:

Thanks, sheryl921, for mentioning the port arrival time :goodvibes I didn't realize that I could do my check-in this early to get a port arrival time! So I got that taken care of . . . didn't get the 11:00 am slot, but I was able to get 11:30 am.

At first, the port arrival time appeared to be locked, but as I worked through the screens, it became unlocked.

I'm not planning to participate in FE because my knees can't handle all the extra walking around the ship.

I don't think anyone has started an official list and if they have I am sorry please let me know. I would like to volunteer to do this. I have done fish extenders in the past. I will keep a running list of all staterooms involved and publish it publicly on this thread. I will need the following from those that wish to be a part of it. Just post your information on here or PM me:

Stateroom #
The number of Adults and children in the room.
Ages of all children

Once I have your informaion I will add it to the list. I think the deadline for signing up should be Thanksgiving so that we have time to make/buy the FE stuff. Some people go all out. I have received games, crayons, coffee mugs, personalized items, miniature liquor drinks, candy, socks, washcloths, picture frames, etc. I will provide my cell number 2 days prior to the cruise so that any cabin changes and upgrades can be quickly attended to. I will then finalize the changes onboard by 4PM the day of the cruise and post a final list a few minutes before sail-away.

So far I have:

Cabin 5516 = Sam (60) and Donna (57)
Cabin 5520 = Misty (32), Benjamin (8) and Hilda (29)
Cabin 5552 = Harold (76)

:banana:

I don't think anyone has started an official list and if they have I am sorry please let me know. I would like to volunteer to do this. I have done fish extenders in the past. I will keep a running list of all staterooms involved and publish it publicly on this thread. I will need the following from those that wish to be a part of it. Just post your information on here or PM me:

Stateroom #
The number of Adults and children in the room.
Ages of all children

Once I have your informaion I will add it to the list. I think the deadline for signing up should be Thanksgiving so that we have time to make/buy the FE stuff. Some people go all out. I have received games, crayons, coffee mugs, personalized items, miniature liquor drinks, candy, socks, washcloths, picture frames, etc. I will provide my cell number 2 days prior to the cruise so that any cabin changes and upgrades can be quickly attended to. I will then finalize the changes onboard by 4PM the day of the cruise and post a final list a few minutes before sail-away.

So far I have:

Cabin 5516 = Sam (60) and Donna (57) Hendrickson
Cabin 5520 = Misty Appling (32), Benjamin Appling (8) and Hilda Smith (29)
Cabin 5552 = Harold Garrison (76)

:banana:

I volunteered to do this if no one else wanted to.. I got 2 replies that I can send you. I have been busy and have not had time to create the list. Thanks...

I volunteered to do this if no one else wanted to.. I got 2 replies that I can send you. I have been busy and have not had time to create the list. Thanks...

I certainly don't mind you putting it together. Just let me know. It can be time consuming but it is so fun in the end.
Misty

I certainly don't mind you putting it together. Just let me know. It can be time consuming but it is so fun in the end.
Misty

I sent you the 2 PM's that I got when I volunteered. Here is my information -

Cabin - 5166, Me(Deb), DH(Alex), DD(14)
Cabin - 6558, Barb, DD(13)

If you need help, let me know.. I have never done it before, so it is probably better that you do it. Thanks...

Thank you Misty and Deb for volunteering! Since this is my first cruise, I wouldn't know the first thing about organizing, but I am very excited about participating!! :dance3:

Here is my info:
Cabin 8012: Me (Sheryl), DH (Ralph), DD15 and DD13

I have 11 cabins participating so far! How exciting. I am not able to post an attachment so I will wait until closer to cruise time and contact everyone with the list. I have been sewing our fish extenders for our 3 cabins and will try to post pics sometime after Halloween. We have just used bags in the past but wanted to make them this time. It has been fun.

Good Morning, Cruisers! Don't know what everyone else's pre-cruise plans are, but I just wanted to share what I found...

Country Inn & Suites is 20% off right now. It says "48 hour sale" but I don't know when it ends. I had been bidding on priceline pretty much every day for the last few weeks to try to get this hotel for the 2 nights before our cruise, but I'm up to $66 not being accepted, so I thought $84.80 was a decent price. And there's no penalty for cancellation up until Dec. 30, so I will still be watching to make sure a better deal doesn't come along :-)

My family and extended family will be on the Jan. 3 Dream cruise. Looking forward to it!

:welcome:

The dis boards are addicting be careful. :laughing:

It is so cold and rainy the last few days. I think this winter is going to be a cold one so glad I have the cruise to look forward too after Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter