Disney Dream - Restart Content (initial cruises)

So another contradiction to initial info...seems that Scuttles Cove is OPEN. But I see no way of reserving it in advance for my upcoming cruise.

This video also went to Palo for dinner (still no reports of Brunch)

Good question … maybe add some matinees on Sea Day?
Only issue is the 3-night sailings don't have a sea day. I wonder if they will just pick one show and do it over 3 days instead of 2, or show a movie in the main theater on the third day.

Last edited:
I'm never in the "first off" group at Castaway. We have a leisurely breakfast and get off between 10 and 11. There are no lines to leave at that time and then we walk the island to the beach. Usually, lunch is pretty quick after we arrive; I'm not a big bbq fan, so I eat a little, mostly the giant chocolate chip cookies lol. Then I explore or relax until I feel like going back, which is usually long after the masses, so I avoid another line returning too.

Sounds like my family. We usually have our breakfast around the time everyone is trying to get off. By the time we get to the exit (probably around 10:30am), there's very few people there and there's even people coming back.

We're not bbq or buffet fan either, so we don't get much.

We return about an hour before all aboard and there aren't very many people there either. Actually, we prefer staying later since a lot of people seem to head back quite early...perhaps to get ready for early dining and they've been there since early in the morning.

It does appear that virtual queue is only used for early in the morning, but I'd be okay if we needed to do it.

It definitely goes back out to sea. I've read varying excuses why - and likely the true reason is a combination of things.
  • very early in the Magic's career, I believe it did stay docked overnight and there was a horrible bug problem
  • the weather and currents can change, making the next day a challenge to get out if they stayed docked overnight (it also can make it a challenge to get docked, in which case the 2nd stop gets cancelled)
  • while DCL "owns" Castaway Cay, it is still in the Bahamas and likely subject to docking and/or port fees or tax implications (i.e., the onboard shops cannot be open while in port)
  • they will not (cannot?) set-off the fireworks while docked so depending on the schedule for Pirate Night they need to be at sea

Also, I think there may be something about the ship needing to be underway for her water processors to work, and there is no way for her to take on potable water at CC.

Sounds like my family. We usually have our breakfast around the time everyone is trying to get off. By the time we get to the exit (probably around 10:30am), there's very few people there and there's even people coming back.

We're not bbq or buffet fan either, so we don't get much.

We return about an hour before all aboard and there aren't very many people there either. Actually, we prefer staying later since a lot of people seem to head back quite early...perhaps to get ready for early dining and they've been there since early in the morning.

It does appear that virtual queue is only used for early in the morning, but I'd be okay if we needed to do it.
Normally isn't the Castaway Cay the last day of the cruise? I think a lot of folks go back early to pack. We always have late seating, so we can be among the last back on board, have time to clean up and pack before dinner.

Normally isn't the Castaway Cay the last day of the cruise? I think a lot of folks go back early to pack. We always have late seating, so we can be among the last back on board, have time to clean up and pack before dinner.

It depends on the cruise. We have done CC first day, last day, and a day in the middle.

It depends on the cruise. We have done CC first day, last day, and a day in the middle.
Never paid attention. I've only been on a 7 day, and Castaway Cay is often billed as the grand finale to a cruise on DCL.

Never paid attention. I've only been on a 7 day, and Castaway Cay is often billed as the grand finale to a cruise on DCL.

This was true back in the days when there were only 2 ships and very few itineraries. Nowadays, it's at any point in the cruise and sometimes not at all.

Why would anyone want to be docked at Castaway Cay overnight? I can see docking at a city where you can do things at night, but being on the ship and docked isn't as fun as actual cruising.

I do love the atmosphere at sea, but if we're just going to dock the next day anyway I might be persuaded to save the environmental impact of the fuel. People who get seasick may not mind it either but I imagine they came to terms with that a long time ago if they continue to sail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter