Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

This show was horribly put together. HEA was perfectly put together telling the story from beginning to end. A great story of good over evil with a great message for us to all go out and make our own happily ever after. That is a REAL message with real magic. This was just a mash up of IP that literally made no sense and had no flow. And I'm sorry but the whole "you are the magic" on repeat is extremely patronizing to me. No disney, I am not the magic! You are suppose to be the magic. I remember when HEA came out there was not a dry eye in the audience and everyone was cheering like crazy. This was stunned silence almost.

It was pretty, but not emotional, no teary eyed moments we have all come to expect from Disney. I am very disappointed they left out so much of Disney heritage, like a few others have mentioned. Where's the IP that made WDW possible? I also agree that it would have been nice to see "real" people in the show, like Walt and Roy, and the wonderful Cast that truly makes the Disney difference. Unfortunately I think both new nighttime shows have missed the mark.

The projections are AWFUL! HEA was infinitely better. WTH is going on with Disney lately? If Disney was a person I’d be asking are they depressed or having an identity crisis or something? Everything they do shows lack of effort, Disney’s lost its soul. It’s truly sad. One Disney disappointment after another.

Just stunned. This could have been incredible: parks music, nods to old shows and parades, long gone attractions, Mickey, and Walt. They turned it into a Disney plus commercial. The castle looked so busy it made my eyes hurt.

What a missed opportunity to celebrate the anniversary. The food looks meh, no new parade, and Harmonious/Enchantment are duds. Spaceship Earth looks to be the only big stand out.

They had 50 years and came up with this? Disneyland's 60th was amazing.

I feel like it is a good show, but not as special as HEA—kind of like a decent sequel where nothing is going to top the original movie, but entertaining.

I did feel an emotional connection at parts—the second moana song when they sing “call isn’t out there at all it’s inside me” wasvery beautiful and on message for the story if the show. It did give me chills—but then again I get chills in the movie too at that bit so it might just be muscle memory.

The music was sung nicely and well composed (except “into the unknown” which was shrill and oddly dark) and fireworks were beautiful and plentiful, and that right away makes it a million times better than Harmonious. I would be satisfied watching this if I had never seen HEA, unlike Harmonious, which was just unwatchably bad and I wanted it to end. MK is going to be very crowded with no decent Epcot show to balance crowds.

I do agree as others have this was a missed opportunity to truly celebrate MK’s 50 years. Instead we got IP from the last 5 years in a nice show, but think how much better it would be if they celebrated Mickey, Walt, and MK. They could start off with mickey and friends to the tune of “right down the middle of main street USA”, an adventureland sequence with upbeat “tiki tiki tiki tiki room”, fantasyland with “you can fly”, a tomorrowland bit with “great big beautiful tomorrow”—all blended with ambiance music from the parks. It would have been something.

I feel like it is a good show, but not as special as HEA—kind of like a decent sequel where nothing is going to top the original movie, but entertaining.

I did feel an emotional connection at parts—the second moana song when they sing “call isn’t out there at all it’s inside me” wasvery beautiful and on message for the story if the show. It did give me chills—but then again I get chills in the movie too at that bit so it might just be muscle memory.

The music was sung nicely and well composed (except “into the unknown” which was shrill and oddly dark) and fireworks were beautiful and plentiful, and that right away makes it a million times better than Harmonious. I would be satisfied watching this if I had never seen HEA, unlike Harmonious, which was just unwatchably bad and I wanted it to end. MK is going to be very crowded with no decent Epcot show to balance crowds.

I do agree as others have this was a missed opportunity to truly celebrate MK’s 50 years. Instead we got IP from the last 5 years in a nice show, but think how much better it would be if they celebrated Mickey, Walt, and MK. They could start off with mickey and friends to the tune of “right down the middle of main street USA”, an adventureland sequence with upbeat “tiki tiki tiki tiki room”, fantasyland with “you can fly”, a tomorrowland bit with “great big beautiful tomorrow”—all blended with ambiance music from the parks. It would have been something.
Disney needs to hire you. Your idea for a 50th anniversary show is so much better than what they came up with.

I just watched it again and liked it better. As a stand alone show it's very good. I liked the original music, but also am enjoying all the jokes about us being the magic. It seemed like they just took the cast off songs from the movies they used in HEA- or just used the same ones. As a 50th celebration show- I hate it. Maybe put projections of the castle through the years- 25th would have gotten a laugh!

I kinda found both new shows a little depressing. Some of the lyrics were just sad. I go to Disney to forget my troubles and the world's troubles. HEA was overwhelming at first for me, but I grew to appreciate it. Enchantment was a lesser version- if you weren't going to make it better or go for nostalgia, why change it at all!

I thought it was a great show. I was worried that the projections would be to prominent. I'm glad they were subdued and took a back seat to the fireworks. I get that it isn't what some expected. But, I really liked it and look forward to seeing it live. Harmonius will need viewed in person before my final judgement. However, it fell WAY short of my expectations due to it's lack of continuity and a clear storyline.

OK… I just re-watched this morning on our larger TV where I can see all of the projections well. I think there is a story here that I missed last night. Wine could’ve been a factor LOL or the fact that I couldn’t see the projections as good on a smaller screen. Of course it opens happy and then when Into the Unknown is playing you start to see Disney characters going into the unknown in their stories. Then, it goes into their trials and tribulations. Finally, you see them emerge from their troubles happily and successfully. While I would have preferred something ultimately showcasing Walt, Mickey, and Disney World in general I think maybe they were thinking of the current state of the world and all of the damage that Covid has done. Maybe they considered that more important, which I understand. I also underestimated the amount of fireworks in this show, which is a big improvement for me. I love the fireworks behind the castle. I definitely still stick with the fact that Mickey or Walt should have narrated this show because they are the magic that we have all grown to adore. In closing, I think this show will grow on me. It’s probably more beautiful in person.

It felt like more of the Disney Parks-ification of it all (where all merch, shows, etc are homogenized) than a celebration of 50 years of Walt Disney World in Florida.

I just watched Craig's filming and man is it worlds better - how can Disney not have someone that knows what they're doing when filming these things? I'm still not a huge fan but it's not as bad as I originally thought - one thing that keeps throwing me off is how they did the projections. HEA used the castle surfaces to display the projections properly, with this show they're acting like the castle is just a flat screen and the projections land in not ideal places that just doesn't look quite right. (like there's a lot of projections that are broken up by the balcony under the 50th badge, or Moana sailing across the front of the castle).

Last edited:
I just watched Craig's filming and man is it worlds better - how can Disney not have someone that knows what their doing when filming these things? I'm still not a huge fan but it's not as bad as I originally thought - one thing that keeps throwing me off is how they did the projections. HEA used the castle surfaces to display the projections properly, with this show they're acting like the castle is just a flat screen and the projections land in not ideal places that just doesn't look quite right. (like there's a lot of projections that are broken up by the balcony under the 50th badge, or Moana sailing across the front of the castle).
Yes this!!! When I rewatched this morning it was Craig’s. Maybe that’s another reason why I liked it so much better. It didn’t cross my mind that his filming could have been better than Disney’s, but it was. Nice job Craig! Much appreciated!

My husband just said, "Why would I want to see a fireworks show featuring all the things I literally JUST rode all day?" Lol
To sum it up and send you off. The way most worship services end with some version of what you just heard for an hour+ but in one last sentence or song?

I just watched it again and liked it better. As a stand alone show it's very good. I liked the original music, but also am enjoying all the jokes about us being the magic. It seemed like they just took the cast off songs from the movies they used in HEA- or just used the same ones. As a 50th celebration show- I hate it. Maybe put projections of the castle through the years- 25th would have gotten a laugh!

I kinda found both new shows a little depressing. Some of the lyrics were just sad. I go to Disney to forget my troubles and the world's troubles. HEA was overwhelming at first for me, but I grew to appreciate it. Enchantment was a lesser version- if you weren't going to make it better or go for nostalgia, why change it at all!
My memory is that the most well-done shows of the past integrate sad/scary (villains, failures, loss) - it's just that they move you through it. If you feel you end on that note, it's a problem - but historically, Disney media (movies, shows, etc) don't ignore anything bad/sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter