Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

I actually like the “you are the magic” sentiment… to me it signifies personal responsibility and self-empowerment which are lessons I hope to teach my kids. Also, especially during these last couple of years where so much was out of our control, focusing on what we could control was a way to cope. Finding our own magic. I don’t think that means Disney isn’t expected to provide any magic, and I’m not a fan of all the changes they’ve been making lately, but I prefer the “you are the magic” story to the classic damsel one.

Same here. Especially with the heavy use of Moana, where she sets out looking for someone to help and ends up being the one to save the day. I much prefer that to the idea that someone will come rescue you popular in early Disney movies, fairy tales in general, and one particularly-bad movie musical out at the moment.

My biggest issue with the theme of this show was that it didn't seem to have anything to do with the title! If it the show had been called something like "You Are the Magic" or "The Magic In You" or "Full of Magic", it would have made much more sense. It felt like the people writing the show had a different title in mind, then someone rejected it and said it should be called "Enchantment." The narrator had to lean so hard into the word at the end, and it was written into the script in such a contrived and convoluted way ("...you have that particular enchantment...") that it came across as being really strange and shoehorned in, rather than a natural and logical title to the show.

I’m purposely not watching, because I want to see it in person first. Projections and sound can be completely warped through streaming, so I will make my opinion based on seeing it live.

Wishes was my favorite fireworks show and HEA took a few viewings to grow on me. I still wasn’t in love by the end, so not sad to see it go. I don’t think anything will give me the same emotions as Wishes did.

I do wonder if some of the hate for this show comes from all of the other negative feelings people had. I almost wonder if people couldn’t wait to not like it.

A reminder what a REAL 50th anniversary firework show should be like...
Thank you thank you thank you for posting this!!! That was the anniversary show I was looking for! Enchantment is underwhelming plus it is in no way an anniversary show. I am erasing Enchantment from my brain and this will be the anniversary show in my heart and mind. I feel so much better. Enchantment is now just a terrible replacement for HEA without the added disappointment of it being the anniversary show.

Last edited:
I just cancelled my firework dessert party. I know video doesn’t do it justice, but I have watched it twice and…I don’t like it. It just isn’t memorable like Wishes and Happily ever after. Those two shows made me smile, happy, and shed a tear. Enchanted doesn’t even make me smile. I guess I was expecting more nostalgia. We just will enjoy the fireworks as we walk and ride rides.

I’m purposely not watching, because I want to see it in person first. Projections and sound can be completely warped through streaming, so I will make my opinion based on seeing it live.

Wishes was my favorite fireworks show and HEA took a few viewings to grow on me. I still wasn’t in love by the end, so not sad to see it go. I don’t think anything will give me the same emotions as Wishes did.

I do wonder if some of the hate for this show comes from all of the other negative feelings people had. I almost wonder if people couldn’t wait to not like it.
We all really wanted to like it, we gathered around the tv as a family, we were giddy with excitement before it started, optimistic, and hopeful that it was going to be filled warm reminders of the past 50 years, at least some reference to Walt and at the very least Mickey Mouse. I watched as we all just sat there, speechless, when it was done... speechless and dumbfounded looks on our faces. We wanted to like it. We found moments of Harmonious to be positive, we are open minded Disney fanactics. It was just that bad, empty, and disappointing, no nostalgia, devoid of emotion, and actually depressing.

Taking bets that in 18 months when they replace out Enchantment with something else there's another hate thread about how much better Enchantment was.

After reading the (mostly negative) comments on this thread, unless they replace it with the MK version of "Harmonius", I don't think that will happen :))

Taking bets that in 18 months when they replace out Enchantment with something else there's another hate thread about how much better Enchantment was.

Just update Happily Ever After to include Main Street visuals. Can also replace segments with updated songs / visuals that fits each segment as well.

Okay, I have watched Enchantment 3x today and HE once for comparison. Enchantment's biggest problem is the music is lame. The re-worked versions of the movie songs are too cheesy or corny and there's too long of an orchestra instrumental.
Overall, it just lacks emotion.

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this!!! That was the anniversary show I was looking for! Enchantment is underwhelming plus it is in no way an anniversary show. I am erasing Enchantment from my brain and this will be the anniversary show in my heart and mind. I feel so much better. Enchantment is now just a terrible replacement for HEA without the added disappointment of it being the anniversary show.

Right up my alley fewer projections and much more pyro. I noticed I'm not hearing people going nuts when Tink flies out like they do at MK.

A reminder what a REAL 50th anniversary firework show should be like...

Thank you. I watched it this morning and got exactly the nostalgic feeling I have been missing from WDW lately. (To be clear, I have never seen this show before. I never saw it in person, so it's not just that I'm nostalgic for the show itself.) The projections fit the castle well - especially the Tie Fighters coming out of the doorway! And Tigger! There were highs and lows for the music, it included a fun mix of current and former attractions... It gave me a similar feeling to the first 3/4 of EPCOT Forever, which I enjoyed quite a bit. Or the Disneyland commercial for the return of MSEP a couple years ago.

Seriously, though: if they could do this 16 years ago, why did we get such junk for both shows now? It's like they decided that nostalgia is a bad thing and ran as hard away from it as they could.

Just cancelled our dessert party for this show. It would be an okay "filler" show between seasons and special events, but this is supposed to be a celebration of the last 50 years, not a celebration of the next 50. You don't go to a 50 year high school reunion to talk about your next 50 years, you go to talk about the past and reminisce. They definitely had so much amazing material to work with and they blew it.

We all really wanted to like it, we gathered around the tv as a family, we were giddy with excitement before it started, optimistic, and hopeful that it was going to be filled warm reminders of the past 50 years, at least some reference to Walt and at the very least Mickey Mouse. I watched as we all just sat there, speechless, when it was done... speechless and dumbfounded looks on our faces. We wanted to like it. We found moments of Harmonious to be positive, we are open minded Disney fanactics. It was just that bad, empty, and disappointing, no nostalgia, devoid of emotion, and actually depressing.
That was exactly what happened at our house. We were excited to watch it. We all sat silenced at the end, until my DH said, Disney really dropped the ball on that one.

Another quick question, I don’t remember Wishes or HEA having a sponsor, but Enchanted is sponsored by Pandora jewelry.

Am I just blanking on this or Is this the first MK nighttime show to have a sponsor?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter