"Disney Examining Cost Structures" article

If you cut too many Fantasmic shows and Spectromagic parades it could backfire. If you pay big money to visit Disney World and can't get into the show due to the over flowing demand for the very few showings of Fantasmic then you miss out on the magical experience and perhaps think twice about coming back. Disney saves money in the short run but risks losing a lifetime customer. Too many cut backs can hurt you if you go over the line. If Fantasmic has been in low demand then I can understand this. Every time I went it was a full house. If most of the shows are only half full through out the year then I stand corrected.

I don't know the whole story on the F! and Spectro showings being consolidated, but in the spectrum of cuts Disney could make, I'd much rather they cut some shows to preserve the quality of the shows they keep.

Same thing with hotel shutterings... good idea! Why run them all at 40% occupancy? These are things I as a consumer would support, rather than cutting staff IN the parks, or not having the streets cleaned as often, or having shabby paint jobs.

If I were running Disney, I'd be looking not only at where I could cut costs, but which ones least impact the customer experience. I'm always going to side with eliminating parallel choices, in favor of keeping the lights on inside the parks.

I don't know the whole story on the F! and Spectro showings being consolidated, but in the spectrum of cuts Disney could make, I'd much rather they cut some shows to preserve the quality of the shows they keep.

Same thing with hotel shutterings... good idea! Why run them all at 40% occupancy? These are things I as a consumer would support, rather than cutting staff IN the parks, or not having the streets cleaned as often, or having shabby paint jobs.

If I were running Disney, I'd be looking not only at where I could cut costs, but which ones least impact the customer experience. I'm always going to side with eliminating parallel choices, in favor of keeping the lights on inside the parks.

I couldn't agree more! Yes, I am happy with the resort I booked, but would'nt mind being moved if it means that the resort I am at is full and full of Disney magic. As a kid, we could always tell when times were tough on Disney, but I haven't been in years, and really want this to be a magical trip. I would so prefer them to target their cuts into the areas less noticed... not the paint or lack of CM's...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter